hacker alert!!

2manyhobbies2manyhobbies MemberPosts: 49 Member
on your page I keep getting someone wanting to run an ap that my anti viral is tagging do not hit run!!!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    I'm not getting that; but, a few minutes ago I got pink
    all over the screen and a notice the site is unsafe.
    This message has been deleted
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,603 Senior Member
    Those extra IMs came at a cost.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,766 Senior Member
    I'm sure it's just gov't hackers trying to work on their gun owner data base :roll2:
    Sarcasm.gif
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

THAT was funny
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Seems I'm getting the warning when I click the back button.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Ha ha that is classic. I haven't had any problems with the sight lately but some of those anti-virus programs are paranoid. The latest Java update is a PITA so like many I blew it off for later, so I get sun micro systems wants to make changes to my computer notices a lot.
    It wouldn't surprise me if some anti-virus software freaks out over such a thing.
    Just suggesting a possibility.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    I took Java off my computer. There was a serious security issue with them...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • dodgedifferentdodgedifferent New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    I keep getting messages saying that this site is on google's "un-safe" list and advises me to leave. If i had to guess someone keeps reporting it as such out of spite. I reported it to the webmaster a few weeks back but haven't heard anything.
  • Ranch13Ranch13 Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    Just had to tell the big red screen ignore and continue. It's reporting something about unsafe site that looks for personal and financial information.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,766 Senior Member
    Ranch13 wrote: »
    Just had to tell the big red screen ignore and continue. It's reporting something about unsafe site that looks for personal and financial information.
    I'm betting that some of the spammer link's have caused it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    I have been getting it again on Chrome for about an hour.
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    Safe surfing report from Google...
    http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://forums.gunsandammo.com/

I'm getting the warning too. Something definitely going on with the site.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,288 Senior Member
    People are clicking on the spam links out of curiosity and they do or try to install malware on the user's box. Google analytics tracks that and labels this site as malicious. That's why IT has got to find a way to prevent the spammers from posting.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Got another pink alert, I think Buffy is behind it all.
  • Ranch13Ranch13 Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    Microsoft security keeps red screening this morning. Admin might want to dig into this a bit.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,502 Senior Member
    The only problem I have is that clicking 'back' after reading a thread takes 2 'clicks' instead of one.

Must admit that cos of the time difference between here and 'there' I do see a lot of spam posts come up. They normally post up betwen 9pm and midnight over here.........which is when I normally am surfing the net...........................dont know what the time is over there cos I have my time zone set to 'Kiwi Land'.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....