Anyone ever purchase a holster from Old Faithful?

Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior MemberPosts: 6,663 Senior Member
I found this place a couple of days ago and after looking through their website, it appears that they make a fairly decent product. Anyone have comments pro or con about them? They are selling a wide variety of holsters in "finished," "moldable kit," and "quick kit."

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/
I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,312 Senior Member
    I made a post about them some time ago. Their design is sound. Iirc, Ned bought one.
    They are just as good as a crossbreed. A little easier to make, since they use Chicago screws and not rivets to hold the kydex on to the leather
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    There is nothing wrong with the holster I made from the kit,
    except if you have some difficulty reaching behind yourself.

The holster is wide and difficult for me to put on. Once on it works well.

I, also, had to ditch their belt clips and put on J-hooks.

Knitepoet has a similar holster and it works well for him, I thought it was comfortable;
    but, he is a bit wider than me.

If you get a kit, search around on their site for the two discounts.
    This message has been deleted
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Try putting the holster on your pants before you put your pants on Ned.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,367 Senior Member
    I bought one, and it is working well to conceal a fullsize CZ-75 under an untucked polo shirt. I have had an issue with one of the allen screws for the front clip getting lose, but I'll just locktite it and move on.

So far, it works well. I'm going to buy a few more kits in the future.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,931 Senior Member
    Since I bought my first Mernickle holster I can't bring myself to even try anything else.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,725 Senior Member
    Or just put it on before you button up and zip up your pants.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Son, I wear trousers!!!!

But, yeah I put on the holster first, if I was a size 44 or larger it would probably
    fit better. MY belt loops are not spaced right.
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 703 Senior Member
    I have one and it works very well. Mine has "T" nuts and machine screws and the "T" nuts needed a little massaging to make them work best. I wear mine with a reverse cant appendix carry with a government model and with summer wear (shorts and loose shirt) I love it. I posted pictures once but don't remember when.

Hawk
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,663 Senior Member
    Thanks all for the replies. I guess it's safe to try this one out. I have 2 S&W 9mm's.....one full size and one compact. I'm going to try the one for the compact first, as this is the one I usually carry with me daily, and if I like it I'll get one for the full size as well.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,312 Senior Member
    Thanks all for the replies. I guess it's safe to try this one out. I have 2 S&W 9mm's.....one full size and one compact. I'm going to try the one for the compact first, as this is the one I usually carry with me daily, and if I like it I'll get one for the full size as well.
    Is it the same gun, just a compact version? If so, getting one for a full size will likely work for the smaller one. It does for glocks and XD.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    I bought one also, and assembled it. It's as good or better than a Crossbreed, at a much better price, and took me about 30 minutes to assemble and adjust. An excellent value, in my opinion. I'm gonna try one of their belt kits, too, eventually.
    cpj wrote: »
    Is it the same gun, just a compact version? If so, getting one for a full size will likely work for the smaller one. It does for glocks and XD.
    No, what I have for the full size is a Sigma series SW9VE with 4" barrel, and the compact is an M&P9C with 3.5" barrel. Old Fashioned has you pick the holster for each model specifically, so I guess there are enough differences between models that you need to pick the right one for each. There appears to even be different holsters for handguns within the same series but different sizes as well.
    Well, based on the comments I have received in this thread I decided to order from Old Fashioned Holsters. I'm trying the one for my S&W M&P9C compact. I picked out the black on black do-it-yourself pre-molded kit for the holster and the black on black un-molded kit for the magazine holster. I had to order the un-molded one for the magazine, because there are limited choices for the magazine pre-molded kits. The order process is fairly typical for the internet, but the only complaint that I have is that I noticed the delivery schedule is for 3-5 weeks before they even ship the items. I guess these kits are not stocked on shelves for certain handguns, and that they make up the orders as they come in. Once I get the kits assembled and try them out, I will give the range report.
    I did a walk by with mine today.
    It worked well enough, still needed help getting it on. A younger guy
    probably would not.

The holster works as well as any other IWB holster I've used; but, no
    better or no worse.

I think I'll use it for our walks until summer gets to full force, then back
    to plastic paddles.