Seems like I have a new Doctor...........

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,701 Senior Member
Got a letter the other day to say that my Dr ( female) is retiring. She has sold her practice to an up and coming new GP. The new GP has spent 6 yrs in our biggest hospital working 12hr shifts in the A&E dept/ and as a Ward Doctor and will have a good grounding in most things she will encounter.

The new GP also happens to be ....................wait for it..........................one of the Desperate Housewives crew that up until Anna ( My cuzzie) left for the USA last August, would come around for dinner most monday nights.

I am of two minds. One part of me knows that she is professional in her work and is a damn good Doctor...............the other part of me wonders whether we would be both comfortable in the change of relationship.

So, here is an interesting question for you guys.

Would you be comfortable with a female Doctor half your age that you have known for the past ten years socially?

( I have made my mind up if you are interested.........She will be my new Doctor. Had a brief conversation with her yesterday. She is comfortable with it and said that if there are somethings that either of us are uncomfortable about she will refer me to one of the male doctors in the practice....cant see the point in that though as she will still get to see my file)
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    ............does she have small fingers? There is one thing the doctor does that small fingers would be a plus.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,257 Senior Member
    "Cough- - - - -Cough again"

:yikes:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,895 Senior Member
    Yes; but, I'd rather she was 1/3 my age.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Bakerman, you beat me to the punch! The last 3 annual physicals I had in the Navy, I scheduled around the duty days of a female doctor who had small fingers!

Alec, go for it! Don't be concerned in the least....this will be a professional relationship!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,723 Senior Member
    If she is OK with it, I would not worry about it. If the roles were reversed and you were female and she was male, I would not do that. Application of the "Rules" are a bit different for the gals.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    I wouldn't mind. I have always been of the thought if I had to have someone play with the chestnuts and stick their finger in the nether reagions of my person I would much rather it be a woman than a man! I had a female dotor for many years until she quit practice, now I am back to a man again. I much prefer the woman and that I would know her as a friend would make things much better for me.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,701 Senior Member
    Must admit that over the time I have known her, I never looked at her fingers........other parts of her anatomy, yes. But not the fingers..........:tooth:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    my Doctor and I have a rule that's worked for years...
    "what happens in the exam room STAYS IN THE EXAM ROOM"

we used to trade hunts..
    I'd take him deer hunting, he'd take me duck hunting.
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Small fingers are fine for that, unless she has long French fingernails! :yikes:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    A close friend of ours is the head of family medicine at the University of Miami, and has kids the same age as our girl. I needed to see someone for my 50 year old check up, including a colonoscopy. I just could not have her do the exams and see her at church every week. Her partner did it.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    I don't think it would bother me.