opinion about bolt action rifle Winchester M70 Extreme weather

theglockmantheglockman New MemberPosts: 21 New Member
Dear friends, good night for you all!!!. I´m an Argentine hunter, and want to now your opinion, about the
before named rifle, specially in outdoor hunting conditions. I purchased a 300WM caliber here in Argentina. Salutations!!!.

Replies

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum theglockman, and if you bought a M70 Extreme Weather it will do just fine in bad conditions, that is what it was designed for. Great cartridge and I like the M70.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,760 Senior Member
    A current interpretation of a 1930's revision of the 1898 Mauser, manufactured for the Winchester label by FN-USA, who is making belt-feds for the U.S. military.

You really can't go wrong with that background.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    By every single person who has shot one, I am told the new South Carolina made M70's are the BEST they have EVER been, far superior to the New Haven and even the famed pre-64 rifles.

That stock alone, with its decelerator recoil pad and aluminum bedding block, costs about 250$. You sir, picked a great rifle.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,269 Senior Member
    Welcome and Excellent purchase theglockman! There's no such thing as a bad model 70. They're all great rifles.

Now a warning here on this forum. When you make a great purchase or find a great rifle or hand gun, the tradition is to tell you "You Suck!" This is NOT a derogatory statement, but rather an honor here on this forum. It's kind of our American way of saying we're all jealous of you for buying someting we wish we would have found first, LOL! Actually we aren't really jealous, but rather happy for you, in our twisted way of putting it. Bye The Way, you SUCK! hehehehehehehe!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • theglockmantheglockman New Member Posts: 21 New Member
    No problem about "You Suck" and many thanks, for your friendly words. Really, there isn´t frontiers between hunters.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,310 Senior Member
    No problem about "You Suck" and many thanks, for your friendly words. Really, there isn´t frontiers between hunters.

There is one more tradition on this forum. You are obligated to post photographs of your new purchase. :drool2:
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,269 Senior Member
    Oh yeah, I forgot that one CaliFFL! Yes Glockman, if you fail to post a pic with a story of a new or recently purchased item, you are obligated to pay a $5 fine. Sorry, but rules is rules, LOLOLOL!!!

However, I'm sure the powers that be around here will give you a one time grace period since you're new here. But just don't let it happen again! Like I said, Rules is Rules, LOL!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I´ll post photographs very soon, after ending legal authorization. Please wait two weeks. Nice emoticon!!!.
    Ha, ha, ha!!!.