Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Why does universal background ✔ = National registry???

2»

Replies

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,188 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    In MN you need to have a CCW or a "permit to purchase" a handgun from an FFL, you show the private seller your photo ID and one of those and I am good with that, no need for involving more than that.

IMO that's already too much exposure to possible gov't mischief at a later date. Presumably the FFL keeps a list of who has
    a Permit to Purchase, which can be seized, or copied, or confiscated by BATFE or the FBI or whoever and entered into a data-
    base. Then the Pig knows who has purchased handguns and has a heads-up to know where to start, at least, when the time comes to confiscate same, along with every other firearm of every kind that they can find. Computers talk to computers, and cross-referencing is easy. Textbook definition of a slippery slope, no?
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    cpj wrote: »
    How do you know if they are a rapisist, murderer, or psychopath? If they haven't been caught, then there is no info in them. And I'll wager more people get away with it than get caught.

Indeed, doesn't one have to be convicted of a crime before s/he ends up on the NICS list? How many zillions of crimes get plea-bargained down to a lesser offense in exchange for a guilty plea? Just being "caught" is no guarantee of NICS prohibitions.
    Or am I wrong about that? Just asking.
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    That's a lot of "ing's"

And your point is? Gratuitous cheap shot, perhaps? That's not like you, brother. This is still a free.................wait a minute, what am I saying?

Never mind.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,647 Senior Member
    IMO that's already too much exposure to possible gov't mischief at a later date. Presumably the FFL keeps a list of who has
    a Permit to Purchase, which can be seized, or copied, or confiscated by BATFE or the FBI or whoever and entered into a data-
    base. Then the Pig knows who has purchased handguns and has a heads-up to know where to start, at least, when the time comes to confiscate same, along with every other firearm of every kind that they can find. Computers talk to computers, and cross-referencing is easy. Textbook definition of a slippery slope, no?

My FFL does not keep any Permit To Purchase or CCW info unless it has to be on the Federal form for the transfer and they are not required for a private purchase/sale, but like I said, I feel I should know the person I am selling a gun to is not going to get me in jail. I don't sell any of my guns as a rule, I have sold off a couple of 870's I acquired to folks I know quite well, they were duplicates in the safe.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    That's a lot of "ing's"

No where near his record though! :roll2:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin