Yep, I am Starting To Get Excited :)

beartrackerbeartracker Senior MemberPosts: 3,116 Senior Member
Post removed

Replies

• wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...my antelope season starts in 22 days...

...15 hrs.

...& 28 mins.

...not that I'm counting...
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,310 Senior Member
    12 hours until my first wolf hunt EVER!!! I won't be sleepin' tonight!
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,575 Senior Member
    Good luck on the wolf hunt- what type of hunt is it stalking or a varmint calling endeavor? Personally, never been on one.Whats the plan Stan?
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    12 hours until my first wolf hunt EVER!!! I won't be sleepin' tonight!

I hear ya there - I wouldn't be sleepin' a lick myself.

Still two weeks to go until my first gator hunt. Hopefully, we'll both be coming back with some success stories on intersting game!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,310 Senior Member
    1965Jeff--I plan on coyote howling at first light. It's supposed to be 90+ tomorrow. I'm not hunting all day. The Idaho season lasts until March, so I'm not pressured.

Six-Gun--Good luck! I grew up on the Gulf Coast and saw plenty gators. Never got to hunt one.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    I got up this morning at 4:00 am and packed my back pack and grabbed my walking stick and hiked 20 miles. Took 7 hours and 34 minutes, just getting myself ready for the Apache National Forrest :):):) My neighbor's two dogs followed this morning and went the 20 miles with me. I waited for a friend to pick me and the two dogs up and give us a ride back home. When he drove up he laughed so hard he almost forgot to stop his truck when he saw me and the two dogs out cold, lying next to each other under a shade tree taking a nap. Yep, I am starting to get excited, hunting season is just around the corner.

I hear you, but I have to say, I have NEVER been excited enough to take my neighbors dogs on a 20 mile walk. Hope it pays off in a successful hunt.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,409 Senior Member
    Hunting starts with Dove on Sat.; I'm too tired from storm clean up with more to do, and the dove field is a drought casualty anyway.
    This message has been deleted
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    I hear ya there - I wouldn't be sleepin' a lick myself.

Still two weeks to go until my first gator hunt. Hopefully, we'll both be coming back with some success stories on intersting game!

Can't frekin wait!!!!!!!

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G via Tapatalk
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    Can't frekin wait!!!!!!!

Me neither!

Dove season opens tomorrow AM and I took the day off. Hardly a substitute, but that's gonna have to do for now.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    I got up this morning at 4:00 am and packed my back pack and grabbed my walking stick and hiked 20 miles. Took 7 hours and 34 minutes, just getting myself ready for the Apache National Forrest :):):) My neighbor's two dogs followed this morning and went the 20 miles with me. I waited for a friend to pick me and the two dogs up and give us a ride back home. When he drove up he laughed so hard he almost forgot to stop his truck when he saw me and the two dogs out cold, lying next to each other under a shade tree taking a nap. Yep, I am starting to get excited, hunting season is just around the corner.

I hear ya, I went to Mt. Si Sunday to start getting use to the elevation change. I have to say my butt was handed to me, I was sore for two days.

http://www.mountsi.com/gallery/?album=1&cover=0&occur=1
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    I hate you alll!!! I have 7 more weeks until black powder open here. But with the temperatures and HUMIDITY it is probably best.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,760 Senior Member
    Dad called me up yesterday to say he's got the campsite reserved for a week - five weeks to go for me!
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    Man, my calves are still tight, but will be running that out of them tomorrow morning and will hike five miles tomorrow evening and that should get the lactic acid out of my muscles. Hey that is a beautiful place, thanks for the pictures.

Your welcome, those pics don't really do it justice.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee