Home Main Category General Firearms

.22 TCM caliber / 1911 ???

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
Anyone hear of this 1911 chambered for .22 TCM ???

http://www.sarcoinc.com/book%20of%201911-8.pdf

Rock Island 1911 Micromag .22 TCM / 9mm

Randy from GunsForSale.com writes that this is a brand new 1911-style autoloader
chambered in the new .22 TCM caliber. Rock Island Armory
cartridge designer Fred Craig said the proprietary .223-based
pistol caliber round sends a 40 grain jacketed hollow point
bullet downrange at 2100 feet per second. The goal was to
make a 1911-type pistol “with the same weight, but double the
firepower and delivering more foot pounds of energy.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    I'm interested. Not very, but a little. I agree with the poet who lacks sunshine, it looks like the 1911 version of the FN 5.7

Kudos to them for introducing it as a re-barreled RIA pistol instead of a super pricy custom job. This way Joe Citizen who thinks it's neat can actually afford one and they can make a killing on ammo.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "Sounds like someone found a way to get FN 5.7 performance from a 1911"

That is what I was thinking initially.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Well if you were going to spend $300 on a .22 LR 1911, I figure hand-loaded .22 TCM might be a tad more interesting.

http://www.oneinchgroup.com/home/2010/10/17/fred-craig-22-micro-mag-updated-info.html

for $ 600, you get to also shoot 9mm
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    I was actually going to spend $450 on the STI .22 Target Conversion Kit, but then I saw the light and bought a Ruger 22/45 instead :jester:
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    The more I think about it, the more I like it, two calibers.
    Downloaded somewhat it could prove to be a versatile varminter, maybe with a 6 or 7 inch barrel.
  • 30-30shooter30-30shooter Member Posts: 224 Member
    is that going to be ma approved?
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.-Clint Eastwood
    Call Sarco inc. and ask.....