Hunting video from 50-60yrs ago.....

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,570 Senior Member
My memory aint what it used to be.....or at least it isnt as far as I can recall.....but I thought I had posted this up on here. Checked back in the hunting section and couldnt find it so, hey, what the heck....here it is again.....

( I might have posted it on the temporary forum, or even our old place)

http://ziln.co.nz/video/1311

So....what kind of rifle does JD use ?
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,832 Senior Member
    Looks like he lugs around a Remington Model 30 (commercial 1917 action) judging by the safety and dog-leg bolt handle.

However, when it fires it turns into a Lee-Enfield sporter with schnabel forend.

So... is this the predecessor to Sons of Guns?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,570 Senior Member
    Well spotted Earl!!!
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Thanks for the video, that was really cool and breath taking scenery. It took me a while to view it but it was fun. Reminded me of some of Eastman's hunting videos, done in the same style. I would think it would be cool to use my 303 #1 Mark III sporter Lithgow in NZ. Once again, thank you for posting the link.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,832 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Well spotted Earl!!!
    Thanks. Notice his hat comes and goes, too?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,570 Senior Member
    Thanks for the video, that was really cool and breath taking scenery. It took me a while to view it but it was fun. Reminded me of some of Eastman's hunting videos, done in the same style. I would think it would be cool to use my 303 #1 Mark III sporter Lithgow in NZ. Once again, thank you for posting the link.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

No problem Mike.....Its nice to look back and see how it was 50yrs ago.

No need to bring your 303 over by the way, there are still hundreds if not thousands of them either in use or gaining dust in wardrobes over here. It was one of the benefits of being an English Colony after WWI & WWII. You can still pick sporterised ones up here for between $50-$100..............and spare parts are not a problem!!!!!!!!
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    No problem Mike.....Its nice to look back and see how it was 50yrs ago.

and spare parts are not a problem!!!!!!!!

Yes, it was very nice to see how it was back then, some change is good but some is not, and I really did enjoy that video. Also, good to know where a man who owns a 303 can find parts :love: if he can't find them here. Once again thank you for sharing that video, truly cool, like watching a good old movie. :beer:
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    I noticed the rifle mutating as well. Wow, wouldn't it be nice to go do that.....with no bag limit or fees? LOL
  • 30-30shooter30-30shooter Member Posts: 224 Member
    i just like how he is able to get the rifle threw customs, ya cant do that today.
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.-Clint Eastwood