Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Jim Carrey's "Cold Dead Hands" video

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,395 Senior Member
Any of you seen Jim Carrey's video "Cold Dead Hands" video yet? He's been irrelevant for a few years, so he comes out with this piece of excrement.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/25/jim-carreys-wild-anti-gun-music-video-cold-dead-hand-is-out-and-it-insults-gun-owners-and-charlton-heston/
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,941 Senior Member
    I've heard about it. I think that will suffice.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,152 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Who?

You know, the guy who's wife is killing children with the junk science anti-vaccine hysteria:
    http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/Anti-Vaccine_Body_Count/Home.html

Who has killed more, Mr. Carrey? Your wife, or my firearms?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    You know, the guy who's wife is killing children with the junk science anti-vaccine hysteria:
    http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/Anti-Vaccine_Body_Count/Home.html

Who has killed more, Mr. Carrey? Your wife, or my firearms?

They aren't married, and never were. Split up in 2010. But I digress.

I watched the video. It was stupid, but didn't offend me like his subsequent tweets about it. It pains me because I really like the guy and his movies.

I'll still watch whatever he makes.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Any of you seen Jim Carrey's video "Cold Dead Hands" video yet? He's been irrelevant for a few years, so he comes out with this piece of excrement.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/25/jim-carreys-wild-anti-gun-music-video-cold-dead-hand-is-out-and-it-insults-gun-owners-and-charlton-heston/

Hey, He is from Canada. We all know how the Canadians are when it comes to gun rights...they don't have any.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    How dare he defile Hesston, I bet he wouldn't have done it if C were still living.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    I won't watch anything else that moron ever puts out.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,730 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I'll still watch whatever he makes.

That's funding and supporting your own enemy. I don't get it. Are you that nonchalant about the current battle for the 2nd amendment to fund someone like him?
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    This little bucket of vomit-encrusted parrot droppings will no longer receive any income from my movie views. I'm tired of these little left-wing weasels using their hollyweirdness to promote policies that are antithetical to mine.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Michakav wrote: »
    That's funding and supporting your own enemy. I don't get it. Are you that nonchalant about the current battle for the 2nd amendment to fund someone like him?

He has an opinion, not a vote in Congress. I can separate politics from anything, yes.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    I grew bored with his brand of bathroom humor a long long time ago...if you've seen him once, you've seen everything he ever does...his politics are just another reason to dislike him...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Even Gollem dislikes him.

WehatesJimCarrey_zps1d4c171d.jpg
    ― Douglas Adams
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    What a douche bag. The first movie I ever watched him in, I didn't think it was funny. I considered it to be stupid. Now he just confirmed it. Stupid!!!!!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I grew bored with his brand of bathroom humor a long long time ago...if you've seen him once, you've seen everything he ever does...his politics are just another reason to dislike him...

:that:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    I won't watch any more Jim Carrey movies. Not because of his politics, but because I already didn't watch his movies......never found him to be that funny. I'm not going to boycott the stuff he is in though, he plays one of the characters in the upcoming Kickass sequel......I'll definitely be checking it out.

He probably won't make any money off of me though.....I haven't been to the theater in about five years. Just wait till it comes out on NetFlix, RedBox, or Hulu.
  • HakkonenHakkonen Member Posts: 251 Member
    This little bucket of vomit-encrusted parrot droppings will no longer receive any income from my movie views. I'm tired of these little left-wing weasels exercising their First Amendment rights.

Fixed that for ya.
    "If money is speech, then no money means no speech." --Bill Moyers

Money is not speech, corporations are not people, and wealth does not trickle down.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Colion Noir posted on FB that he'll post his response soon. Ought to be pretty good.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Hakkonen wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya.

No, you completely missed or deliberately ignored a crucial difference. Mr. Carrey is calling for the GOVERNMENT to use it's monopoly on the use of deadly force to infringe on our God-given rights. MMD is using the free market to no longer support Mr. Carrey.

If MMD was supporting the Government imprison or kill some actor for speaking, then it would be a fair comparison.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

I had to shut it off to go PUKE!!! That stupid arrogant idiot! He has no conception of history or values. He's a leach on society, making money off the unknowing. I've watched my last Jim Carrey movie.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • HakkonenHakkonen Member Posts: 251 Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    No, you completely missed or deliberately ignored a crucial difference. Mr. Carrey is calling for the GOVERNMENT to use it's monopoly on the use of deadly force to infringe on our God-given rights. MMD is using the free market to no longer support Mr. Carrey.

If MMD was supporting the Government imprison or kill some actor for speaking, then it would be a fair comparison.

I think you're the one missing or ignoring part of MMD's post. Jim Carrey is free to call for anything he likes; that right is guaranteed under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, a document you purport to revere. MMD suggested that Carrey is wrong to exercise that right in the following passage:
    I'm tired of these little left-wing weasels using their hollyweirdness to promote policies that are antithetical to mine.

You, me, MMD, and anyone else who disagrees with Carrey's position are free to do so; but none of us are free to deny Mr. Carrey, or anyone else, the right to think what he wants and say what he thinks.
    "If money is speech, then no money means no speech." --Bill Moyers

Money is not speech, corporations are not people, and wealth does not trickle down.
    Hakkonen wrote: »

You, me, MMD, and anyone else who disagrees with Carrey's position are free to do so; but none of us are free to deny Mr. Carrey, or anyone else, the right to think what he wants and say what he thinks.

He never said that there would be anything other than not watching his movies. No one did. Whatshis face the actor DOES want to use the force of Govt to end our freedoms. You are still missing that distinction.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 379 Member
    Dead career walking. And singing & dancing.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • Johnny SquireJohnny Squire New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    Carrey's satire is expectantly unfunny. If he wants to start a fight with gun owners he had better bring more than his middle finger (of course the irony of gun control is lost on him: to enforce gun control laws you need, surprise!: guns!), and his 'little dick' analogy is a tired challenge to people who just want to be left alone (and confusing to all gun owning women).
  • AiredaleAiredale Banned Posts: 624 Senior Member
    He's an entertainer!!
    Why get our shorts in an uproar for a guy like that?
    Best thing to do is ignore him.
    Airedale wrote: »
    He's an entertainer!!
    Why get our shorts in an uproar for a guy like that?
    Best thing to do is ignore him.

That is my current plan for the rest of his career.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    He's an entertainer!!

Not for a long time.

NRA Endowment Member
    He's an entertainer!!

Not nearly as entertaining as a good bug zapper and a cold six-pack of beer on a warm summer night. :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
    Not nearly as entertaining as a good bug zapper and a cold six-pack of beer on a warm summer night. :tooth:

Catch a toad and throw him June bugs sometime. Highly entertaining. Poor toad was so full he couldn't make it bag to his hole.
    Catch a toad and throw him June bugs sometime. Highly entertaining. Poor toad was so full he couldn't make it bag to his hole.

Throw the same toad a bunch of fireflies and watch them light up his innards! Now that's funny!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • KennethKenneth New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    So you got a fox in the hen house , he has a right to eat too right ? No ! You shoot the sob so your hen house can continue to function . If it is an enemy of the constitution how do you get it has a right ? That's one of the reasons this country is in the mess it's in . Because we allow politics ,, morality , and propaganda that is a virtual fox in the hen house , your dang chickens are gonna get ate if you don't eliminate the fox . Wake up ! Kenneth