Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Think ultra lib kelly will get press for this?

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,398 Senior Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUyoU-juHTk

Mark kellys dog killing a baby seal
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    I'm wondering why, when 'Nathan' said Pitbull, the audio was silent? Watch the vid @ and right near the end as he's talking about people needing to be able to control their dogs. He very clearly said 'pitbull'.

I also wonder why there weren't any charges? Failure to control your animal is at least a fine just about anywhere I've ever been.

Curious.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    You'd think a game warden would be visiting his daughter....Marine Mammals Projection Act...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Way to go Mr. Kelly! Instead of trying to stop me from legally owning firearms, how about you get your step daughter to take a class on controlling her dog. Being a celebrity, you should be able to get one of the shows that deals with such things to come and be sympathetic to how you are blameless for what your dog did. " Killing a sea lion is a violation of the federal Marine Mammal Protection Act and is punishable by up to a year in prison and up to a $100,000" (Taken from a Humane Society page), I think I would probably get the fine and the time.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member
    Well, for one, the leash is still on the dog when dad shows up. It didn't break, dog just pulled away from the girl. Did see the collar come off when dad shook him...

We use a self-tightening collar on Blockhead. The more he pulls, the tighter it gets.

We also use a shock collar at times. Blockhead ain't stupid, just stubborn. Occasionally you have to use the shock, but most of the time he straightens right up when you use the 'tone' on the collar....

Our dog is 105#'s and he's not that hard to control..... He has never tried to attack anything either. They should get rid of that dog. Next time it will tear up someones Pomeranian
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That dog is seriously dangerous. It ignored repeated efforts by the women to make him turn loose, but submitted immediately when the "alpha" showed up and gave him one quick shake. He's already figured out the ladies are intimidated by him and he doesn't need to obey them. If he was attacking a person instead of a seal, the scenario would be the same. He needs a little .45 caliber therapy.
    Jerry
  • SnaketailSnaketail Member Posts: 33 Member
    I'm in Tucson, where he is. He got front page news when the guns store refused to sell him an "assault rifle" - saying it would be bad for their business. The story about the dog killing the seal was in today's paper - way in the middle. Said it was his daughter's dog.

BYW - several of us went to that LGS to show our support for the decision not to sell the rifle to him. (Wonder if he'd have used on the dog?)
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Girl is stupid. The guy saying drown it was right, but she was too stupid to understand that he didn't mean kill the dog, but rather submerge his head. He'll let go when he can't breathe.

Got a buddy that carries a bottle of water to pour in the nostrils of his catch dog when he's hog hunting.
    It probably would amaze the tree-hugger crowd that many of us who have no qualms about the legal hunting and taking of game are disgusted by the needless death of a sea lion by a tree hugger's dog. Ironic isn't it.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    It probably would amaze the tree-hugger crowd that many of us who have no qualms about the legal hunting and taking of game are disgusted by the needless death of a sea lion by a tree hugger's dog. Ironic isn't it.

This!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member

There is that, but what gets me more is the lack of reaction by virtually all the media, except for a short 30 second "Poor Mark Kelly....all those troubles, and now this" story on the morning news. Now, I'll say that the lack of reaction is likely the correct call, but can you imagine the outcry if this were say, Rush Limbaugh's dog?

Dogs will be dogs. I get that. But the "poor Mark Kelly" story?! Really? There was a story just last week about a couple of women getting in some rather serious trouble for 'abusing and harrasing' seals. Peoople were calling for hard time in prison for crying out loud! But, If you're Gabby Giffords' husband, it's "Poor Mark Kelly".
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Like I said, if it had been me I would already have been looking for someone to come bail me out. Famous and wealthy, one article about how you were troubled by an unruly dog and how it must have affected you.