1.6 Billion round of ammo to Homeland Security

2»

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    They.
    Don't.
    Add.
    Up.

BTW, the numbers on the proposed purchases are just addenda to the original numbers.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    You do the math and explain to me where they get that DHS purchased 1.6 billion rounds in the last year. It doesn't add up, it doesn't now and it wont in the furture, but these wbesites will keep on spouting that it does.

Do you know how much ammo, the agencies that make up the DHS now, purchased in oh lets say 2000? What about 1995? Do you know how much ammo DHS purchased in its first year? How about the subsequent years? Fact is neither do these websites and yet they claim that the govt hasn't been making these amounts of purchases all along.

Did you see all those trucks pull over and unload the 1.6 billion rounds?

We all get our information from the same sources, mass media and the all truth spewing internet WHO DO they their WORST to paint the most advertising space selling self serving blurs adored by those that have a ridiculous need to think that they, unlike the rest "ARE ON THE LOOP".

I done the math pertaining this, not to imply that I am on the loop but to make the point that as everyone we are taking stabs in the dark as best one can do with the "available" data, unfortunately the DRAMA + I know better chest pounding craving of some folks goes beyond common sense and wins too often.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Actually, the information is out there in the form of government bids. They have to account for the purchase and distribution. The numbers don't add up.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    ADD their proposed purchase number up.....

Ok, tell me exactly where to get these numbers from so that I can add them up for you. Not infowars or brietbart or prisonplanet numbers but the actual govt numbers.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    I found what initially appears to be a correct listing of the number of rounds solicitated for. At least it does list the govt solicitations.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/08/the-history-of-dhs-ammunition-purchases.html

Now lets remember that the 70 million order is over a 5 year span and this one is the one listed as for 750 million (they forgot to check the amendment on the conspiracy websites). Also recall that the 450 million one is also over a 5 year span.

450,000,000 / 5 = 90,000,000 .... 70,000,000 / 5 = 14,000,000

Now unless I missed some solicitations, which is entirely possible, 104,395,450 does not = 1,600,000,000 so where exactly do these websites get the number 1.6 billion from sir? I went back for a bit more than a year, even adding all the numbers only yields 1.88 billion over the entire span of time covered, certainly not 1.6 billion in the past "year" alone.

As I said before and will say again the numbers do not add up.

Perhaps you can find some info I missed... just the same I find it rather interesting that this website was able to find the amendment to that 750 million solicitation and those conspiracy sites can't seem to do so. Perhaps they do not wish to do so...
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I saw a letter from Cousin It Napolitano on another site...

blathered about the sequester and how the department would not longer issue practice ammo at the quantity of 150 rounds per week..

got me thinking...

380,000 DHS employees.. 180,000 employed by the gov't.. another 200,00 civilian contractors..

figure if half of them carry..
    190,000 x 150 x 52 = 1.482 billion....

plus qualifying on multiple weapons...

it's possible.
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Actually, the information is out there in the form of government bids. They have to account for the purchase and distribution. The numbers don't add up.

"Government" information obtained via the internet, two sources that are ALWAYS 100% accurate...

Still that "1.6 billion" rounds divided over the period of delivery time your accurate source offers comes to about 300 rounds per month for one of every 10 persons employed by DHS. Basic math, no drama driven by LGS ammo shelves being empty.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".