Home Main Category Hunting

This is why I did not get an elk last fall.

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 13,093 Senior Member
I was wearing the wrong hat:tooth:

http://www.camofire.com/
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,407 Senior Member
    What the....

That has to be a joke.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,269 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    What the....

That has to be a joke.

Perfectly safe.... Says right there, "Do not use during rifle season."

What could go wrong?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I see a scope. What hat?
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I see a scope. What hat?

^This^
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,202 Senior Member
    It's always good to have an excuse, uh, I mean a reason, for not getting an elk. I've had a lot of them over the years.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,093 Senior Member
    Camofire does a series of deals all day, the hat deal expired, I will see if I can find it later.

Try this link.

http://www.camofire.com/forum/hunting-deals/be-the-decoy-antelope-elk-and-deer-decoy-hat
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    No way would I wear that hat, it wouldn't even be safe to wear to Wal-Mart!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,187 Senior Member
    No way would I wear that hat, it wouldn't even be safe to wear to Wal-Mart!

But at least you would fit in.. judging by some of the pics I have seen of Walmart people.............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    When my oldest son was about nine, he suggested that a good way to hunt deer was to dress up in a deer suit and sneak around in the woods.

Did I mention that he was only nine?
    Jerry

• TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 783 Senior Member
    That hat looks like a good way to catch a round to me. I know they say not to wear during hunting season, but if history is a indicator, some fool will end up dead with a stupid hat on.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    But at least you would fit in.. judging by some of the pics I have seen of Walmart people.............

I never said I wouldn't fit in while wearing the hat. After the post about the guy getting written up for shooting a buck out of the parking lot in PA, I'm wondering how the Walmart people make it through the door. (Not the big ones, double doors let them in, just running the gauntlet of fire!)
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,867 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Camofire does a series of deals all day, the hat deal expired, I will see if I can find it later.

Try this link.

http://www.camofire.com/forum/hunting-deals/be-the-decoy-antelope-elk-and-deer-decoy-hat

Youz needs a tinfoil hat instead
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    During bow season on private land, where a trespasser would have to get close enough to see that I was simply out of my mind...maybe. But on public land during a rifle season? No way!

Actually, this is hardly a new concept. The Indians would wear full wolf capes, complete with heads, to stalk in bow range of bison, as they came to realize the sight of a wolf did not spook bison like the sight of a man.

Me? I'll be trying this camo out this turkey season and report back on how I do:

turkey_costume.jpg
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    There is worse things than getting shot.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MAat5yQdA

This is not the scene I was looking for, butt, you folks have seen the movie.

Question is, is Jerry or MHS going to take one for the team for the next forum hunt?:tooth:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,944 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    When my oldest son was about nine, he suggested that a good way to hunt deer was to dress up in a deer suit and sneak around in the woods.

Did I mention that he was only nine?

Did he live to 10?

:-)
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    There is worse things than getting shot.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MAat5yQdA

This is not the scene I was looking for, butt, you folks have seen the movie.

Question is, is Jerry or MHS going to take one for the team for the next forum hunt?:tooth:

I'll answer for MHS......if you put it on, we'll cover you.............LOL!

You gave your best from what I've heard...that's all you can do. Remember the success rate is only 25%.....that's one in five....out of y'all Joe got his and he got lucky. MHS is a good hunter and didn't do badly on his first guide, y'all got home alive. You'd be suprised at how many people don't make it out.........it aint' Alaska, but the Colorado Rockies can kill just as well.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    I have this image of me trying to keep up with MHS as he pogo's up the hill like a muley in his muley doe hat.....LOL

Can't speak for MHS, but for me, not no, but HELL NO!
    Jerry

Zee wrote: »
    Did he live to 10?

:-)

Yes. He had a very wise father who saw the folly of his notion.
    Jerry

JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Can't speak for MHS, but for me, not no, but HELL NO!

Really? Put your wife on the line, I think we should talk about this, LOL.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,658 Senior Member
    Remember the success rate is only 25%.....that's one in five....
    Ummm Steve, 1 in 5 is 20% and 25% is 1 in 4 :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,187 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

He comes from Colorado, the new bastion of the Liberals. It can mean what they say it means............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,658 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    He comes from Colorado, the new bastion of the Liberals. It can mean what they say it means............
    :rotflmao:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »

I did not want to say anything, I might need him to cover me while I am wearing "the hat".
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Pardon my math fellows, I was "state-sanctioned medicated" at the time...........:tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    During bow season on private land, where a trespasser would have to get close enough to see that I was simply out of my mind...maybe. But on public land during a rifle season? No way!

Actually, this is hardly a new concept. The Indians would wear full wolf capes, complete with heads, to stalk in bow range of bison, as they came to realize the sight of a wolf did not spook bison like the sight of a man.

Me? I'll be trying this camo out this turkey season and report back on how I do:

turkey_costume.jpg

With that thing....the biggest danger would a Buffy attack.....:jester:
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    With that thing....the biggest danger would a Buffy attack.....:jester:
    Sweet goodness...I hadn't considered that!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....