Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

One big Civic (newtown)

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,398 Senior Member
A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/28/warrants-to-be-released-in-newtown-investigation/?test=latestnews#ixzz2OrkihuEh

And people actually have to ask why gun owners think they are portrayed in a bad light by the press.

ATTN: Steffen
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    That is one big glove box. How many college kids can fit in there? Reminds me of the poster somebody created showing everything from a squirt gun to an AK-47, all of them were labeled as "Assault Rifles" according to the journalists.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • SideOfBaconSideOfBacon Member Posts: 111 Member
    @Varmintmist According to ABC News it was found in the trunk. Because I was thinking the same thing. A 12 gauge in the glove box? http://abcnews.go.com/US/newtown-gunman-arsenal-pistols-shotguns-hatchets-knives/story?id=18829900

@Wambli: Yeah... I really don't have any reply to this...

@KSU: This one?
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member

@KSU: This one?

Yep, that's the one. Mom definitely had blinders on didn't she?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Virginia BoyVirginia Boy Member Posts: 213 Member
    What good would universal background checks do, when you have an idiot
    mother, buying guns for a crazy son ?
    Rights and freedoms, won with patriot's blood,
    shall not be taken away, by ink from a tyrant's pen.
  • the independentthe independent Member Posts: 52 Member
    The answer is nothing. Part of ownership is responsibility and teaching responsibility.

My first wife went through a depression and had parents who did not accept it and kept taking her off her meds. The day I got the diagnosis, I was home and everything disappeared. All of them went to my parents for safekeeping except for 2 in locked hidden containers for self defense. The biometric safe has been around for a while. The rest had been in secure storage at home and she did not have access, but I felt that was not enough. I have always wondered about this in light of my experiences.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    @Varmintmist According to ABC News it was found in the trunk. Because I was thinking the same thing. A 12 gauge in the glove box? http://abcnews.go.com/US/newtown-gunman-arsenal-pistols-shotguns-hatchets-knives/story?id=18829900
    That was the point. Why should you believe reporting? AND it was FOX who it seems at least used to make an effort.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I have a relative who took a sledgehammer to a pretty nice S&W Model 10 after his wife cranked off a couple of rounds in his general direction to "get his attention" during an argument. No, he's not married anymore!
    :yikes:
    Jerry
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Among other things found was several NRA shooting manuals, training certificates, and membership card.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    A well-armed and well-trained nutcase is still a nutcase. An immediate armed response is the only logical answer to a violent outburst by someone who is determined to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. Let's turn Dianne Feinstein loose in the middle or East St. Louis at midnight, and give her the choice of carrying an AR-15 with 10 30-round mags, or a restraining order making it illegal to rob, rape, or kill her!
    :devil::devil: :devil:
    Jerry
  • airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    1. Why were they waiting this long to search her house? Or is the report just now getting out?
    2. I've read anywhere from 100 to over 500 rounds shot by the AR - that I've also read was in the car's trunk the whole time.

The more I read on this story from the piss-poor journalists, the more I start understanding where the conspiracy theories come from.
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The search was accomplished within a few hours of the shooting, probably the same time they found the mother's body. The results of the search have been "sealed", waiting for the best time to release them and stir up anti-gun sentiment all over again. It's no coincidence that this release of information is timed to bolster the upcoming senate bill. If push comes to shove, the dummycraps are going to have another 1994-style sacrifice of their thin margin of majority in the Senate.
    Jerry