Home Main Category Clubhouse

New member checking in!

2»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,467 Senior Member
    Artemis wrote: »
    Er, no...... and I haven't spent time in a Turkish prison, nor do I have anything to do with 'AlteredChrome' either, before you ask.
    I did get to handle a Kriss Vector at the IWA-show earlier this month and TBH I don't rate them very highly, they handle like an unbalanced briefcase and look like an unfinished lawmower part. ( I wouldn't accept one as a gift )

I like you.

Except for the not liking Gladiator Movies. But, you can be taught.:jester:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I am interested also in the .270 question........come on, it was curiosity that killed the cat..............Damn!(unintentional pun alert) I suppose you are going to tell me that you're a devout moggy lover and I've upset everyone by being a dog person!!!!!!!!!!!

Nay, the majority (including myself) are dog people to/too/two. 3-4 cat people, one loves chickens........and I don't even want to know what CPJ's into this week.......
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • ArtemisArtemis Member Posts: 124 Member
    Nay, the majority (including myself) are dog people to/too/two. 3-4 cat people, one loves chickens........and I don't even want to know what CPJ's into this week.......
    That'll be me off the hook then:cool2:
    Who I am and What I do - artemissawfly.wordpress.com
    Where to find me - https://www.facebook.com/artemisengineering.uk
    What I'm doing right now on Indiegogo.com - Artemis Sawfly Sporting Rifle
    Zee wrote: »
    I like you.

Except for the not liking Gladiator Movies. But, you can be taught.:jester:
    It's the whole thing about bearded blokes in skirts, man that's just wrong on every level. They do it in Scotland too which is why I give it a wide berth also.....it brings a whole new meaning to the art of rapid deployment of concealed weapons.:yikes:
  • tigman.uktigman.uk Member Posts: 332 Member
    Carry on up the kyber
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,208 Senior Member
    Hi, and yes I am, at least until there's no more sheep to annoy. If it is any consolation I went back and read that drivel again too. Ok I admit I was at a loose end.

My Welsh Grandma made the best pasties.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Dude.........I didn't need the visual of your grandma wearing pasties.......
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard Artemis!

You had me at .22lr. What are the specs of "sawfly"? I've been thinking of a .22lr bullpup for a while. Even asked one of the GunSmith members here to think about building one.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    My Welsh Grandma made the best pasties.
    Noooooo, now I'm more mentally scarred than I was before. Can we have a sticky that forbids the association of the words 'Grandma' and 'pasty' in the same sentence please; you have no idea of the mental imagery that conjours up.:vomit:
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    there's a difference between
    "pasty"
    and
    "pastie"

one is suitable for association with Grandparents.. the other is not.
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
    Rimfire wrote: »
    Welcome aboard Artemis!

You had me at .22lr. What are the specs of "sawfly"? I've been thinking of a .22lr bullpup for a while. Even asked one of the GunSmith members here to think about building one.
    Cheers. *NOTE* Specs are relevent to the prototype only and are subject to variation for production model, which is ultimately decided by whichever manufacturer takes on the design - basic specs are as follows:

Cartridge Type:.22lr
    Operation: Blowback
    Feed: 10 round 'clip' magazine
    Weights: GUN 5.5lb, TRIGGER PULL 2.2lb
    Lengths: (with 12" barrel fitted) 24.5", (with 16" barrel fitted)28" this includes any barrel fitment also
    Rifling: 6 grooves RH twist 1:16
    Optics: Hawke red dot 1x25 AGSR, Iron sight- front post type, rear Adj dial diopter

Hope this is the kind of thing you are after. I have to be slightly fuzzy on specific build details as I am bound by a confidentiality agreement and in the early stage negotiations with one European manufacturer already.
    It doesn't hurt though to generate interest from US manufacturers, it's a case of highest bidder wins.
    JLDickmon wrote: »
    there's a difference between
    "pasty"
    and
    "pastie"

one is suitable for association with Grandparents.. the other is not.
    I'm a Brit of a prude that's all. We're a repressed nation and pastie or pasty, it's potentially nasty.....Ok I'll get my coat:punch:
    Hope this is the kind of thing you are after.

Exactly what I was asking. Thank you.

Really liked the 'Sawfly' backpack picture. nice work.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,208 Senior Member
    Noooooo, now I'm more mentally scarred than I was before. Can we have a sticky that forbids the association of the words 'Grandma' and 'pasty' in the same sentence please; you have no idea of the mental imagery that conjours up.:vomit:

Now, now, I think the spelling is correct and pasties is the plural for pasty, at any rate, this is what I am talking about for those that are thinking about something strippers wear, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty.

If you are worried about mental imagery and a lack of Windex for the window to the minds eye, beware of BigChiefs links and CPJ and Buffco in general:tooth:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Welcome to the Forum! I noticed that the bullpup you're working on is a FN derivative; have you asked them about making a .22LR from your design? Fascinating endeavour on your part. Wishing you much success, and your own yacht in the near future. PS: Think Nordhavn!

Are you in North Wales or South Wales? And are you there temporarily, or are you in fact a Welshman? Sorry for the nosy, impolite questions.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Now, now, I think the spelling is correct and pasties is the plural for pasty, at any rate, this is what I am talking about for those that are thinking about something strippers wear, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty.

What about a Welsh rarebit?

perfectwelshrarebit_13772_16x9.jpg

If you are worried about mental imagery and a lack of Windex for the window to the minds eye, beware of BigChiefs links and CPJ and Buffco in general:tooth:.

I was thinking of the Upper Peninsula version..
    pie crust made with lard, instead of butter..
    diced venison, potatoes, and rutabaga..

"WHEN THE WINTER’S HERE AND WE’RE FEELING BLUE
    ME AND TOIVO WE HEAD FOR THE SOO
    HE BRINGS THE PASTIES AND I BRING THE BEER
    JUST LIKE WE DONE FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS
    WE SEE THOSE CRAZY RACERS ON THEIR SNOW MACHINES
    RACING TO SEE WHO GETS TO KISS THE QUEEN
    YOU WON’T GET ME ON NO SNOWMOBILE
    I WON’T RIDE NOTHIN’ THAT DON’T HAVE WHEELS
    CHORUS:
    IT’S THE 1-500 THAT WE COME TO SEE
    THE BIGGEST EVENT IN THE WHOLE U.P.
    WE STAND AROUND AND POUR BEER IN OUR FACE
    AT THE 1-500 SNOW MACHINE RACE "

http://www.madmusic.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=19286

Good luck gettin' that outta yer head...
    You are one of them.
    I was thinking of the Upper Peninsula version..
    pie crust made with lard, instead of butter..
    diced venison, potatoes, and rutabaga..

"WHEN THE WINTER’S HERE AND WE’RE FEELING BLUE
    ME AND TOIVO WE HEAD FOR THE SOO
    HE BRINGS THE PASTIES AND I BRING THE BEER
    JUST LIKE WE DONE FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS
    WE SEE THOSE CRAZY RACERS ON THEIR SNOW MACHINES
    RACING TO SEE WHO GETS TO KISS THE QUEEN
    YOU WON’T GET ME ON NO SNOWMOBILE
    I WON’T RIDE NOTHIN’ THAT DON’T HAVE WHEELS
    CHORUS:
    IT’S THE 1-500 THAT WE COME TO SEE
    THE BIGGEST EVENT IN THE WHOLE U.P.
    WE STAND AROUND AND POUR BEER IN OUR FACE
    AT THE 1-500 SNOW MACHINE RACE "

http://www.madmusic.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=19286

Good luck gettin' that outta yer head...
    What have I started..........?:fan:
    Welcome to the Forum! I noticed that the bullpup you're working on is a FN derivative; have you asked them about making a .22LR from your design? Fascinating endeavour on your part. Wishing you much success, and your own yacht in the near future. PS: Think Nordhavn!

Are you in North Wales or South Wales? And are you there temporarily, or are you in fact a Welshman? Sorry for the nosy, impolite questions.
    Them up in North Wales wouldn't issue my residency visa so I had to settle in the Northern part of South Wales (hope you follow that) I am permanent until the Authorities decide to asset strip me, or I run out of sheep, whichever occurs sooner. I am Welsh (Penarth) but spent so much of my life living elsewhere that I am still treated as an outsider by my own countrymen. Least I could do was find my way back here and put some roots down; My wife is a highlander so we at least kept the bloodline Celtic.
    As for owning my own yacht........not a fecking chance, I've seen the running costs and at the end of the day they are still just fibreglass and car body filler.:yikes:
    Good shout on approaching FN, TBH I hadn't even given them a thought....oops!
    Them up in North Wales wouldn't issue my residency visa so I had to settle in the Northern part of South Wales (hope you follow that) I am permanent until the Authorities decide to asset strip me, or I run out of sheep, whichever occurs sooner. I am Welsh (Penarth) but spent so much of my life living elsewhere that I am still treated as an outsider by my own countrymen. Least I could do was find my way back here and put some roots down; My wife is a highlander so we at least kept the bloodline Celtic.
    As for owning my own yacht........not a fecking chance, I've seen the running costs and at the end of the day they are still just fibreglass and car body filler.:yikes:
    Good shout on approaching FN, TBH I hadn't even given them a thought....oops!

that reminds me of the first guy to cross the Atlantic in a hot air balloon..
    when he gets to Europe, he crosses the British Isles first.. Wales, to be exact..
    He calls down to a farmer he spots below, "Excuse me, Sir? Where am I?"
    "Yer up there in that fecking basket!" was the reply...
    You are one of them.
    that reminds me of the first guy to cross the Atlantic in a hot air balloon..
    when he gets to Europe, he crosses the British Isles first.. Wales, to be exact..
    He calls down to a farmer he spots below, "Excuse me, Sir? Where am I?"
    "Yer up there in that fecking basket!" was the reply...
    That must have been Portmadog where he made landfall, they're a bit like that up there.....actually he's lucky to have found a farmer who could understand English, as their primary spoken language is grunting.
    What have I started..........?:fan:

You're being initiated-ed. When you eventually meet Wambli, he'll show you the not-so secret handshake and share some bucket lore.
    Rimfire wrote: »
    You're being initiated-ed. When you eventually meet Wambli, he'll show you the not-so secret handshake and share some bucket lore.
    You are one of them.
    The three stooges...I haven't seen that stuff in ages:)
    I'll be offline for the next few days as I am travelling to Norway this morning (Work again). See you all when I return.