Home Main Category Clubhouse

Seems I wont be attending the SE. Words fail me!!

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,364 Senior Member
What kind of cockamamie outfit are you guys running over there?

Been waiting for my Visa to come through. It normally takes 2-3 days from date of application. My BIL ( the Travel Agent) managed to find an airfare that was about $700 cheaper than normal but I had to pay for it within 7 days to secure it. I did that on wed last week even though my Visa hadn't come through. The last 2-3 times I have applied for a US visa, I haven't had a problem.

This arrived in my emails. I really don't have the words to describe how I am feeling right now.

Here is the email. (I had to cut and paste it and delete some details like my name ,email address, DOB etc)

From the Office of the American Consulate, Auckland, New Zealand.

To Mr (deleted)

I apologise for the delay in processing your application for a visa to visit the USA in May, however I am sure you will understand that, in these troubled times we are required to be diligent in ensuring the safety of both International Travellers and American Citizens.

Following recent events with regards to gun violence in the USA, our current administration has introduced new guidelines that we must follow when dealing with Visa applicants.

A perusal of our records show that, while you are a legitimate firearms owner in your own country (NZ) you do not have the same status in the USA. There is provision for you ask for the Consulate to recognise your NZ FAL which you have done, however in this case we ( The Review Board ) have decided not to recognise your current status as a licensed firearms owner.

With regards to your Visa Application, our enquiries have shown the following:

You are a member of 3 Internet Firearms forums.

On each of these forums you have expressed opinions in opposition regarding the current administrations efforts to introduce legislation to curb Gun Violence in the USA.

You have even gone so far to refer to the current Vice President ( and I quote) ' As an idiot without a brain' when he indicated that there are alternatives to using assault weapons with high capacity magazines for home defense.

You have continually made innapropriate comments about our elected representatives like the respected Senator for California Ms Feinstein, the Minority Leader of the House Ms Pelosi amongst others, despite the fact that they were elected according to the democratic process set in our constitution.

For the above reasons we have declined your application for a Visa and have classed you as an Undesirable Alien for visa purposes under the new protocols set by the State Department in conjunction with Homeland Security.

Should you wish to challenge this classification you may appeal in writing within 14 days and the Review Board will be convened so you may appear in person to present evidence as to why the classification should be changed.

The next scheduled Review Board hearings will be held in July 2013.

For and On behalf of the United States Consul General to New Zealand

Yours Sincerely

A. Bromista

Secretary to the Consul.

To say I am gutted would be an understatement.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    say what???
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Long unkempt beard, turban on your head, Arab lingo and you can walk in no worries. Look odd, dress odd, speak odd and you'll need no stinking Visa. Oblivit t shirt automatic upgrade to first class so the airline can write off all fuel cost for the flight. Just saying. :deadhorse: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    So, some joker at the consulate said you can't come?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Gee, that's awful.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Well, our administration doesn't want the kind of aliens that don't vote Democratic!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    This is a put on you knew we would not know the reference to
    A. Bromista

DUH it is april 1st in NZ

Nicely done
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think he is yanking our chains.................early April fools?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I think he is yanking our chains.................early April fools?
    Nice work Chief :up:
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    Maybe it is April fools. The problem is that as I was reading it I believed it. It sounds just like a letter the current administration would send. Uh oh I'm on the radar now.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    It is April Fool's Day in NZ already...
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    LOL! absolutely a good one but too early for us Alec, it is Easter morning here. Clearly a fraud because you think it is possible that our administration would have the competance to look you up on the Internet, and that was your downfall.

Happy belated Easter to you... "He is risen!"

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    He is getting to predictable
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,666 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »

Every year....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,615 Senior Member
    You gotta hand it to him, he can come up with some bull!
    You could probably become a millionaire as a speech writer for our politicians, Alec!
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    You gotta hand it to him, he can come up with some bull!

Yep.......hanging around here has totally corrupted the man.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Happy April 1, people of the future.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 783 Senior Member
    When he was talking about the firearms thing, I thought this must be fake. That being said, I could see this going down in real life.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,975 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »

So are the US members...because every year, a good half dozen + fall for it. I think last years was a fake article about private gun confiscation in NZ?
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    I just wonder how many of those who posted up so far would have been sucked in if the cat hadn't been let out of the bag so quickly...........:tooth:

Still, it was worth a try.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,206 Senior Member
    Good one!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    I just wonder how many of those who posted up so far would have been sucked in if the cat hadn't been let out of the bag so quickly...........:tooth:

If you hadn't given me a heads up, I'd have told you to just fly into Canada and I'd drive up to the border to pick you up. With 4-wheel drive, circumventing the 'authorities' would have been like taking candy from a baby! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,221 Senior Member

Got me "hook, line and sinker." Totally believed it! I guess I must be paranoid! Good one, Alec! That officious-sounding letter had me convinced that you had just been convicted of "thought crime" in the purest, Orwellian sense of the term. Didn't doubt any of it for one minute.

Brain fade is a terrible thing, or, a mind is a terrible thing to lose. Christ!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    :worthy::worthy: Well done flowermeister!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member

You had me going escecially about the part where you said the vice president was an idiot! With such turths you simply could not be telling lies!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Would someone be so kind as to explain the "A. Bromista" reference to me? Please?
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Would someone be so kind as to explain the "A. Bromista" reference to me? Please?

Bromista is Spanish for jokester............I originally was going to give her full name as Abril ( 'April') Bromista (Jokester') but decided it would be too much of a 'givaway'........
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    SMILEYFLOWER.jpg
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    You fooled me last year too! I need to be more mindful of your sarcastic humor. Good one.
    I was curious how they found out about your forum activities...... My b.s. detector is defective! :up:
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    shooter wrote: »
    My b.s. detector is defective! :up:

This should help, it is a honest to God Bull ship to test the detector on.
    bullship_zps63de52cc.jpg
    USS Bull
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.