Home Main Category Hunting

Alert - tomorrow, April 2, is the last day to apply for Colorado big game tags

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 7,950 Senior Member
Yeah, I know. Who cares, especially now that our pinko commie legislature has gone all nuts over new gun regs? I've already heard that a lot of hunters will be boycotting the state this year. Works for me, as it may just make it easier for guys like me to draw a tag.

Anyway, for those of you who wish to hunt here this fall, and hunt something other than elk in a gmu that offers OTC tags, tomorrow (April 2) is the application deadline.

Now, the only real question is whether or not Buffy knows how to read a Colorado calendar.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    I'm in for a some preference points for antleope and mule deer. I also have applied for a private land cow tag that I hope to fill in December. We shall see...

Thanks to you and MHS for your help in getting these applications put in.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,950 Senior Member
    Bump.

For Buffy.
    Jerry

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Thanks, Jerry.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,950 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Thanks, Jerry.

Seriously, if you think you may want to venture west in the next few years to chase antelope, now would be a good time to put in for a preference point. It will cost you $3, plus you'll be out the cost of an out of state tag for a few months. You can get a refund on all but the $3 application feel.
    Jerry

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Like the procrastinator I am....put my app in on Sunday night, and MHS on Monday.......not liking the current CPaW site.....but oh well, learn and adapt. Love the mandatory $10 Habitat stamp BS, even though I have NO intention of hunting in a State Wildlife Area.....and the $3 handling fee.....yep, the state dummy-crats have nickled and dimed us. Along with my annual resident annual fish and small game combo license renewal......$100 bucks for a year of fishing, small game, and a darn good chance to fill a freezer if 3rd rifle season bears fruit.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Like the procrastinator I am....put my app in on Sunday night, and MHS on Monday.......not liking the current CPaW site.....but oh well, learn and adapt. Love the mandatory $10 Habitat stamp BS, even though I have NO intention of hunting in a State Wildlife Area.....and the $3 handling fee.....yep, the state dummy-crats have nickled and dimed us. Along with my annual resident annual fish and small game combo license renewal......$100 bucks for a year of fishing, small game, and a darn good chance to fill a freezer if 3rd rifle season bears fruit.

It's all heading that direction with the nickel and dime BS. Some years i wonder how "optimistic" that are with the game counts purely to sell more tags and generate more revenue, even to the detriment of the herds. I bought my lifetime hunt/habitat stamp/waterfowl stamp for Nebraska back before I moved praying that I can avoid any further BS for at least one state, but you know that is; the game departments will simply change the rules on you don the road if it meets their monetary intent.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.