Game cam pic

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,671 Senior Member
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
«1

Replies

  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    I wouldn't shoot him....yet. I hope he makes it through this fall and winter. Bit small still, another year or two and he'll thicken up nicely.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    I wouldn't shoot him

    My standards ain't that high.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,227 Senior Member
    Bit small still, another year or two and he'll thicken up nicely.

    You don't really expect anyone to believe that, do you?:uhm:
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    people who haven't seen an elk....no lol us regular elk hunters, I'd hope so! the rack is nice, but look at his shoulders and neck, he's a bit wiry. I'm guessing he is in his mid to late "teens" as far as elk goes.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    people who haven't seen an elk....no lol us regular elk hunters, I'd hope so! the rack is nice, but look at his shoulders and neck, he's a bit wiry. I'm guessing he is in his mid to late "teens" as far as elk goes.

    I want to be with you when you pass him up. Just to watch you choke on your words. :jester:
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,227 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    I want to be with you when you pass him up. Just to watch you choke on your words. :jester:

    +1.

    Except you would have to shoot fast if you wanted him.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,570 Senior Member
    I wouldn't shoot him....yet. I hope he makes it through this fall and winter. Bit small still, another year or two and he'll thicken up nicely.

    Are we talking about the gravy that will accompany the meat???

    Great pic.......look forward to seeing more.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    "BIT SMALL"!!!!!!!! Yep, been looking at these South Mississippi deer to long, need to go on an elk hunt again. :jester:
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    I want to be with you when you pass him up. Just to watch you choke on your words. :jester:

    It would be tough, no doubt. I hope I don't see him lol because then I wouldn't HAVE to think about it. Or if I did...maybe he'll still be traveling with that buddy, just behind him in the pic you can barely see...he'd be a goner!

    In all honesty there are plenty of good meat bulls, and a few much larger, and nicer bulls in the area.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    +1.

    Except you would have to shoot fast if you wanted him.

    Hey now, I didn't miss now did I? lol
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    You are full of crap.
    Dead elk walking.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,570 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You are full of crap.
    Dead elk walking.

    Yep............cpj would take a shot......or 2.....or 3.....or 4.....or 5......or 6...... or 7..................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Yep............cpj would take a shot......or 2.....or 3.....or 4.....or 5......or 6...... or 7..................

    :spittingcoffee:
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,237 Senior Member
    Myself, I'd have to shoot him now before he got any bigger. That's what I hate about using a .270. All the big ones get away.

    Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah Beratracker. Same for me with Florida deer. Couldn't let him walk.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    Myself, I'd have to shoot him now before he got any bigger. That's what I hate about using a .270. All the big ones get away.

    Mike


    :roll2:
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Hondo wrote: »
    Yeah Beratracker. Same for me with Florida deer. Couldn't let him walk.

    Yep, sure be hard to let him walk.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,227 Senior Member
    In all seriousness, Dan, I've been hunting elk in Colorado for over 20 years. All of my hunts have been on public land, and most in areas where over the counter tags were available. During all of those hunts, I've seen one bull that is comparable to that one, and it was on private land that I did not have access to. I also can't recall seeing anyone take a bull that good in areas I was hunting.

    A couple of years ago I saw a bull that looked about like that while I was deer hunting, and had to pass it up because I didn't have a bull tag.

    If I were presented a legal, makeable shot at that bull, I would take it in a heart beat.

    [edit]

    I should also add that if I were fortunate enough to take this animal, or a comparable one, I would most likely have a full shoulder mount done and hang the mount in a very prominent place in my house. I've seen a number of mounts of lesser bulls.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    I've seen several smaller, and 2 in particular, that were MUCH larger. Didn't have bull tags, of course. The biggest one was really far away, but even from a distance you could see his body dwarfed the cows and the other bull with him. I mean they looked like lil Texas whitetails next to this brute of a bull.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Yep............cpj would take a shot......or 2.....or 3.....or 4.....or 5......or 6...... or 7..................
    Buncha owner operators anyway.:roll:
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Buncha owner operators anyway.:roll:
    Think of it this way, CPJ. That one incident made you iconic to us. I mean, who else would you be to us without that slaughtered deer? Oh.......wait.........there was the 10/22 in the freezer.........and the sharp stick..........and the stripped gun...........and the.........oh well, nevermind. Your just iconic. Enjoy. :-)
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    don't forget the CLR incident lol
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    Oh, did I miss something, you jackasses?
    What is this freezing guns, CLR, or multiple shots on deer? Can anyone give me a link to these things you say that I did?
    Ill go sit and wait patiently.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    I think you should save that elk for next year:drool:, for the uninitiated.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Oh, did I miss something, you jackasses?
    What is this freezing guns, CLR, or multiple shots on deer? Can anyone give me a link to these things you say that I did?
    Ill go sit and wait patiently.

    :roll2:
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Oh, did I miss something, you jackasses?
    What is this freezing guns, CLR, or multiple shots on deer? Can anyone give me a link to these things you say that I did?
    Ill go sit and wait patiently.

    That right there is some of the finest escape artistry ever concocted.

    MHS -

    Don't even think of passing on that bull. I think that you'll hate yourself for a while if you do.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    That right there is some of the finest escape artistry ever concocted.

    .
    Oh? Do you have any links to any of those made up topics? Ill hang up and listen to your answer.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Oh? Do you have any links to any of those made up topics? Ill hang up and listen to your answer.
    You better hope they don't restore that history. You would be toast. But, we have a good memory. :-)
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • mbmmmbmm New Member Posts: 19 New Member
    alot can change between july and october and november....It maybe a very nice take then...Nice picture....
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    You better hope they don't restore that history. You would be toast. But, we have a good memory. :-)
    I remember you wearing a dress and stuffing your bra with mac and cheese. But I cant prove it.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.