Game cam pic

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,671 Senior Member
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,671 Senior Member
    I wouldn't shoot him....yet. I hope he makes it through this fall and winter. Bit small still, another year or two and he'll thicken up nicely.
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    I wouldn't shoot him

My standards ain't that high.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,227 Senior Member
    Bit small still, another year or two and he'll thicken up nicely.

You don't really expect anyone to believe that, do you?:uhm:
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    people who haven't seen an elk....no lol us regular elk hunters, I'd hope so! the rack is nice, but look at his shoulders and neck, he's a bit wiry. I'm guessing he is in his mid to late "teens" as far as elk goes.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    people who haven't seen an elk....no lol us regular elk hunters, I'd hope so! the rack is nice, but look at his shoulders and neck, he's a bit wiry. I'm guessing he is in his mid to late "teens" as far as elk goes.

I want to be with you when you pass him up. Just to watch you choke on your words. :jester:
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
    BPsniper wrote: »
    I want to be with you when you pass him up. Just to watch you choke on your words. :jester:

+1.

Except you would have to shoot fast if you wanted him.
    Jerry

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,570 Senior Member
    I wouldn't shoot him....yet. I hope he makes it through this fall and winter. Bit small still, another year or two and he'll thicken up nicely.

Are we talking about the gravy that will accompany the meat???

Great pic.......look forward to seeing more.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    "BIT SMALL"!!!!!!!! Yep, been looking at these South Mississippi deer to long, need to go on an elk hunt again. :jester:

It would be tough, no doubt. I hope I don't see him lol because then I wouldn't HAVE to think about it. Or if I did...maybe he'll still be traveling with that buddy, just behind him in the pic you can barely see...he'd be a goner!

In all honesty there are plenty of good meat bulls, and a few much larger, and nicer bulls in the area.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    +1.

Except you would have to shoot fast if you wanted him.

Hey now, I didn't miss now did I? lol
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,852 Senior Member
    You are full of crap.
    Dead elk walking.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,570 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You are full of crap.
    Dead elk walking.

Yep............cpj would take a shot......or 2.....or 3.....or 4.....or 5......or 6...... or 7..................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    Yep............cpj would take a shot......or 2.....or 3.....or 4.....or 5......or 6...... or 7..................

:spittingcoffee:
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,237 Senior Member
    Myself, I'd have to shoot him now before he got any bigger. That's what I hate about using a .270. All the big ones get away.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah Beratracker. Same for me with Florida deer. Couldn't let him walk.
    Linefinder wrote: »
    Myself, I'd have to shoot him now before he got any bigger. That's what I hate about using a .270. All the big ones get away.

Mike

:roll2:
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Hondo wrote: »
    Yeah Beratracker. Same for me with Florida deer. Couldn't let him walk.

Yep, sure be hard to let him walk.
    In all seriousness, Dan, I've been hunting elk in Colorado for over 20 years. All of my hunts have been on public land, and most in areas where over the counter tags were available. During all of those hunts, I've seen one bull that is comparable to that one, and it was on private land that I did not have access to. I also can't recall seeing anyone take a bull that good in areas I was hunting.

A couple of years ago I saw a bull that looked about like that while I was deer hunting, and had to pass it up because I didn't have a bull tag.

If I were presented a legal, makeable shot at that bull, I would take it in a heart beat.

[edit]

I should also add that if I were fortunate enough to take this animal, or a comparable one, I would most likely have a full shoulder mount done and hang the mount in a very prominent place in my house. I've seen a number of mounts of lesser bulls.
    Jerry

I've seen several smaller, and 2 in particular, that were MUCH larger. Didn't have bull tags, of course. The biggest one was really far away, but even from a distance you could see his body dwarfed the cows and the other bull with him. I mean they looked like lil Texas whitetails next to this brute of a bull.
    orchidman wrote: »
    Buncha owner operators anyway.:roll:
    Zee
    Buncha owner operators anyway.:roll:
    Think of it this way, CPJ. That one incident made you iconic to us. I mean, who else would you be to us without that slaughtered deer? Oh.......wait.........there was the 10/22 in the freezer.........and the sharp stick..........and the stripped gun...........and the.........oh well, nevermind. Your just iconic. Enjoy. :-)
    don't forget the CLR incident lol
    Oh, did I miss something, you jackasses?
    What is this freezing guns, CLR, or multiple shots on deer? Can anyone give me a link to these things you say that I did?
    Ill go sit and wait patiently.
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    I think you should save that elk for next year:drool:, for the uninitiated.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    What is this freezing guns, CLR, or multiple shots on deer? Can anyone give me a link to these things you say that I did?

:roll2:
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member

That right there is some of the finest escape artistry ever concocted.

MHS -

Don't even think of passing on that bull. I think that you'll hate yourself for a while if you do.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    That right there is some of the finest escape artistry ever concocted.

Oh? Do you have any links to any of those made up topics? Ill hang up and listen to your answer.
    Zee
    Oh? Do you have any links to any of those made up topics? Ill hang up and listen to your answer.
    You better hope they don't restore that history. You would be toast. But, we have a good memory. :-)
  • mbmmmbmm New Member Posts: 19 New Member
    alot can change between july and october and november....It maybe a very nice take then...Nice picture....
    You better hope they don't restore that history. You would be toast. But, we have a good memory. :-)
    I remember you wearing a dress and stuffing your bra with mac and cheese. But I cant prove it.
    Zee