Home Main Category General Firearms

Need Price Help and Tikka Help

sherwoodsherwood Senior MemberPosts: 1,220 Senior Member
1. I have a Winchester Model 70 Stainless Synthetic in 270WSM with Leupold Scope. I want to sell it but don't know what to ask for it. Can anybody help please?

2. What is the correct pronunciation for the Brand Tikka?

Thanks
I may be old but I ain't dead!
DPRMD

Replies

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    sherwood wrote: »
    1. I have a Winchester Model 70 Stainless Synthetic in 270WSM with Leupold Scope. I want to sell it but don't know what to ask for it. Can anybody help please?

Thanks

Why are you selling the M70 if I may ask?
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    Why are you selling the M70 if I may ask?

It's a .270, why else?

Sorry, couldn't resist.:jester:

As to the pricing.....look on Gunbroker.com and get a rough idea of the prices people are 'trying' to sell a similar gun like your at. Then base your asking price on or around those. Depending on how fast you want to move it.
    BPsniper wrote: »
    It's a .270, why else?

Sorry, couldn't resist.:jester:

I took that hook line and sinker for sure :punch::jester:
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    sherwood wrote: »

Thanks

I have always head it called "Tee-ka" by the store reps.

...and if you aren't up on your Finnish, it means "woodpecker."
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    I have always head it called "Tee-ka" by the store reps.

...and if you aren't up on your Finnish, it means "woodpecker."

They seem to be tough as woodpecker lips too. How fitting.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    They seem to be tough as woodpecker lips too. How fitting.

...and about as pretty as the critter itself. Even my stainless/synthetic has real nice look to it. As a matter of fact, they're about as good as putting a hole in the same spot over and over again, too.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    ...and about as pretty as the critter itself. Even my stainless/synthetic has real nice look to it. As a matter of fact, they're about as good as putting a hole in the same spot over and over again, too.

Yes, a Tikka is a lot better looking than a Savage, though not as masculine as a Savage :jester: and they both are good at putting holes in the same spot.
    Yes, a Tikka is a lot better looking than a Savage, though not as masculine as a Savage :jester: and they both are good at putting holes in the same spot.

untitled-1.jpg

Well yeah, he can reliably ring the bell every hour without pause. But I don't know that I would call him 'masculine'.:wink:
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    I originally bought the rifle because I was seeing a lot of deer about 330yds and further away. I didn't want to take a chance with my other Model 70 in 270 Rem at that range. I have since lost that piece of property and I need space in the safe for other/new rifles. I still have the 270 Remington and it kills deer just as dead as the 30-06 only better. The only reason I bought the 270 to begin with was because I wanted a stainless rifle because of a lot of wet weather and the 270 was the only one in stock at theat time.
    DPRMD
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...asking price on yer Mod 70 will be dependent on a lot of things, what's stamped on the barrel, how many pieces there are to the bolt, what the stock's made out of, not sure where the Stainless Synthetic fits in from the Extreme Weather...

...a SC/ FN controlled feed w/ a reinforced stock will command a higher price than a "last run" New Haven USRAC push feed in a plastic stock, since you are selling it w/ the scope, the model of the scope is important for a price, too...
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    The scope is a Leupold 3 x 9 Vari-x-IIc. It is a push feed. I bought it in about 2005.
    DPRMD
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Nonsense. If this bad boy don't scream testosterone I don't know what does... :tooth:
    Tikka338WinMag-1.jpg

With that little wenny thing for a bolt :roll2:

Now this is a bolt it is bigger than that little boy woodpecker (Tikka) :wink:

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...definitely have to go w/ BP on this one after reviewing photographic proof...
  • 5 Shot5 Shot New Member Posts: 27 New Member
    Can someone clarify the answer to which is it Tee Ka or Tick A? As for the manly Savage bolt, he's only opening a guns reciever, not the vault at Ft Knox.:tooth:
    I will admit that the Tikka is cute :that: