8th grader suspended AND ARRESTED for NRA t shirt!

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,458 Senior Member
Well, if a T shirt can get you arrested now, I am going to have to change my daughter's name by the time she is old enough for school!

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22020264/8th-grade-student-arrested-over-gun-t-shirt
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,551 Senior Member
    Well, once again: "In the first place, God created idiots. That was for practice. Then He created school boards." - Mark Twain

In my 53 years on this planet, I've seen VERY little that would belie this...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Does this mean I can't wear my Obama Sux hat? Just remember that "The more you complain the longer god lets you live". The Doomsday Peppers shows are begining to make sence. Scary. :nono: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 807 Senior Member
    Well, if a T shirt can get you arrested now, I am going to have to change my daughter's name by the time she is old enough for school!

I was waiting for when you had a boy and you called him Marlin. Even with the anti-gun crowd his name would be good to go. "sir, is your son named after a Rifle manufacturer?" "no, I love deep sea fishing."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    I'm fond of Barrett.....
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    OMG this is a GIFT. Talk about LUCK. Find a good attorney, and OWN that school! Jared may be able to retire on his award, and never have to work a day in his life. Nothing like this ever happens to me.
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    I'm fond of Barrett.....

Or you could name your son after a true firearms design pioneer . . . "Kimber, meet your new little brother . . . Stoner" :tooth:
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    Now, I can see them looking at you funny if you named a kid "Barack"
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    JLDickmon wrote: »
    Now, I can see them looking at you funny if you named a kid "Barack"
    I've met SGK, he's too short on melanin to name a son barack :nono: :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,407 Senior Member
    My nephew David took on the Beaverton Oregon school district in a similar situation over getting suspended for wearing a T shirt I gave him, the one with the apochryphal "Hitler" quote about gun registration. He got interviewed by two TV stations, and made the school system back down and issue a public apology for suspending him. Then he did it again, with a home-made shirt that said "Marriage is for Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". They grumbled about that one, but the school officials didn't feel like getting spanked by a 17-year-old kid again!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Does this mean I can't wear my Obama Sux hat? Just remember that "The more you complain the longer god lets you live". The Doomsday Peppers shows are begining to make sence. Scary. :nono: Later,

Billy, after watching the clip and getting over my initial shock...I was wondering where you bought your "Obama Sucks" cap!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,144 Senior Member
    It is beyond belief that someone can get arrested for an NRA t-shirt. This is progresso-lib harassment, pure and simple.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    PFD wrote: »
    Or you could name your son after a true firearms design pioneer . . . "Kimber, meet your new little brother . . . Stoner" :tooth:

:spittingcoffee: Duuuude...
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Forget NRA T shirts and hoplophobic teachers.

Students should be taught in the nude. Their innate curiosity and the irresistible appeal of ever-developing student bodies would all but eliminate dropping out of high school, and the peer pressure to be fit and hot would solve childhood obesity. I should be paid for ideas like this.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Forget NRA T shirts and hoplophobic teachers.

Students should be taught in the nude. Their innate curiosity and the irresistible appeal of ever-developing student bodies would all but eliminate dropping out of high school, and the peer pressure to be fit and hot would solve childhood obesity. I should be paid for ideas like this.
    Bad idea, the girls would laugh in the winter.:tooth:
  • REDDEVILREDDEVIL Member Posts: 153 Member
    TSchub wrote: »
    bad idea, the girls would laugh in the winter.:tooth:

but they would be embarrassed once a month so it evens out :jester:
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,737 Senior Member
    Yeah this was pretty dumb. Some teacher overreacting because a student didn't respect his not existent Authoritah! Rather than backing down, decided to escalate things.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Well, he went back to school today and wore the same shirt! He wasn't alone, about 100 other kids wore pro gun shirts in support of free speech.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/22/west-virginia-teen-returns-to-school-with-nra-shir/
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    Good to see people taking a stand on this. Totally ridiculous.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,606 Senior Member
    I just read this morning that the young man has been formally charged by a judge with obstructing an officer. If convicted he could face up to a $500.00 fine and a year incarceration. Q: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ less than 50? A: Your Honor.
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Words cannot even express the complete and utter disgust I have for those who trample and spit upon OUR Constitution but at the same time call a student wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt "freedom of expression".
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,095 Senior Member
    Was the responding officer's name Richard Cranium? What a buffoon.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.