Missouri's 2nd Amendment Protection Act....Holy Crap!

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 14,834 Senior Member
Many states are getting on this band-wagon, but MO's takes it over the top....See the bolded print in the text below....

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/04/missouri-house-votes-to-nullify-all-federal-gun-control-measures-115-42/

The bill, which passed by a vote of 115-42, would nullify virtually all federal gun control measures on the books – “past, present, or future.” It reads, in part:

All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.

(2) Such federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:
(a) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;
(b) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;

(c) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
(d) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
(e) Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
(f) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of any type of firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and
(g) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens.
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Does Missouri get any federal money? Playing the game of , , has consequences. Hey I'm all for it but the feds are not going to go quietly into the night.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    California legalized weed. Feds routinely busted shops that state and local LEO would not.
    I can appreciate the statement the state is trying to make, but the state is not the end all authority in the matter.
    I think it was in the 1860's some states tried to buck the federal government on federal laws they did not want to abide by. Didn't go over to well. Didn't get them very far either.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    In this case though they are saying the federal law is unconstitutional. I mean after all "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean add a ton of stipulations, regulations, and acts.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    In this case though they are saying the federal law is unconstitutional. I mean after all "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean add a ton of stipulations, regulations, and acts.

Agree. However in the eyes of the federal government only the federal government (supreme court) can determine if something is constitutional or not. State legislature doesn't qualify.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member
    As I understand it....if the weapon/suppressor,etc is made in the state, sold in the state and never leaves the state then the Feds, technically, can't do a thing about it.
    However, I don't know if I'd like to be the test case for that theory....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,944 Senior Member
    It's a subject on which the ante needs to be upped, and NFA34 and GCA68 are the two biggest cornerstones of all the crap that has been foisted on the nation since.

We've had plenty of tip-toeing around the issue with semi-autos, cosmetic features, and statements along the line of "these aren't machine guns which have been regulated since '34" - as if that somehow makes regulating machine guns OK.

I applaud Missouri for cutting to the chase. There's a whole lot of action going on to prevent more new gun control. This is not just going on the offensive, it's going on the RIGHT offensive.:iwo:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • the independentthe independent Member Posts: 52 Member
    With all of the states that are doing things this way. It kinda says what the often quoted 90% really is.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,765 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Sho- me, beotches!
    I don't ink it would hold water, but it at least does send a message out, the message of a single, extended middle finger.

And they shouted to the Feds:

514_230x230_NoPeel_zps0ea6dffa.jpg
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    Might be nice in all states.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    I agree with Buford here. But the key to this is there is strength in Numbers. If more states would get on the band wagon with Mo. then it would make it very unpopular for federal politicians to screw with the States of TX, Mo, Cal, Ala, Miss, NM, or wherever. The Fed can be made to suffer too.

I remember years back this kind of action was talked about here in Texas, but I don't think anything ever materialized. But now with MO making a move, maybe it will start the ball rolling.

This is kinda like Oath Keepers where everyone in public office, the military, and law enforcement re-affirms their oath to defend the Constitution. This differentiates and makes clear to the President and governors that they took an oath to the defend the Constitution, not politicians. But this reaffirmation of the oath wouldn't work either without the numbers. That's what that movement was all about too.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Bigslug wrote: »
    It's a subject on which the ante needs to be upped, and NFA34 and GCA68 are the two biggest cornerstones of all the crap that has been foisted on the nation since.

We've had plenty of tip-toeing around the issue with semi-autos, cosmetic features, and statements along the line of "these aren't machine guns which have been regulated since '34" - as if that somehow makes regulating machine guns OK.

I applaud Missouri for cutting to the chase. There's a whole lot of action going on to prevent more new gun control. This is not just going on the offensive, it's going on the RIGHT offensive.:iwo:

Yes, I agree. And we should all grow some balls and get in the movement. We should not rest until all restrictions are taken off firearms, Period!!!

And on the other hand, and right along with this, we shouldn't rest until the criminal justice system wakes up and starts acting like it has a set of balls too. I'm all for having constitutional rights of course, but when you blow it and commit a criminal offense you should be punished. The ACLU and other Commie groups should be condemned for what they are and anything that blocks justice should be done away with. It's been said a million times that if we just would uphold the law we have, we wouldn't need more restrictive laws on the law abiding citizen. That's what we should all, to the man and woman, be trying to get done. Put the teeth back in the law, not in some attorney's wallet.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I just sent an email to my state representative and will do the same to my Senators. I would love to see a bill passed here in Texas like this.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,944 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. And we should all grow some balls and get in the movement. We should not rest until all restrictions are taken off firearms, Period!!!

And on the other hand, and right along with this, we shouldn't rest until the criminal justice system wakes up and starts acting like it has a set of balls too. I'm all for having constitutional rights of course, but when you blow it and commit a criminal offense you should be punished.

Well yes, the two have to go hand in hand. Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker were your classic, violent, repeat offenders who happened to abuse their Second Amendment rights by running around killing good guys with BAR's and other high end toys. The result of this was that they were tracked down and shot like the rabid dogs they were, without a whole lot of hand-wringing about how they went wrong.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,259 Senior Member
    No matter how talented a lawyer a scumbag has, there's no parole from the graveyard.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    Good for Missouri.. I hope Wyoming gets on board. We're pretty well set, what with concealed carry without a permit, and legalizing suppressors but still, some our laws could stand some tweaking.
    Some good bills were shot down to die this year because some of our representatives are thin skinned and took offense to some gun lobbists agressive tactics. They do however, bend over for the Agriculture/ranching industry.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,765 Senior Member
    Good for Missouri.. I hope Wyoming gets on board. We're pretty well set, what with concealed carry without a permit, and legalizing suppressors but still, some our laws could stand some tweaking.
    Some good bills were shot down to die this year because some of our representatives are thin skinned and took offense to some gun lobbists agressive tactics. They do however, bend over for the Agriculture/ranching industry.

I smell a coalition of Ag, ranching, and gun owners here. Getting the three together would be like herding cats, but it could be done. Trick to herding cats is to be in front with a big can of tuna! Hope y'all can make it happen! :up:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Bigslug wrote: »
    Well yes, the two have to go hand in hand. Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker were your classic, violent, repeat offenders who happened to abuse their Second Amendment rights by running around killing good guys with BAR's and other high end toys. The result of this was that they were tracked down and shot like the rabid dogs they were, without a whole lot of hand-wringing about how they went wrong.

Exactly Big Slug. You hit what I was saying on the head.

One thing about gun people, we may disagree on cartridges, hunting techniques, even ethics on occasion, but when it comes to the nutt cutting of what's good for this Republic, I think we're all on the same page.
    Teach wrote: »
    No matter how talented a lawyer a scumbag has, there's no parole from the graveyard.
    Jerry

Ahh, just what are you getting at here Jerry? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::beer:
  • ITMedicITMedic New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    Love living in good 'ol Southwest Missouri
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 455 Member
    Not much chance of this happening here in Commierado! Our spineless dimocraps have already been bought and paid for by ovomit and bloomstein.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire