Home Main Category Hunting

Another Hog and another A-Max Performance Base

1235»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Ah, a deliberate time continuum circumvention.

Absolutely permissible as far as I'm aware.

Why thank you Bro Early, we'll have to get together and go back a few hundred years and try out the old fashion coffee. Hey I might even try out some old time whiskey. I've heard whiskey made in the 18th and 19th Century was super smooth. And the beauty of it is since I quit drinking in 2010 I can go ahead and have a few, because I will be in the past before I quit so I won't be cheating.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    I just linked it to the other thread to point out that pretty much all of the same points had been brought up just over 3 years ago.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I just linked it to the other thread to point out that pretty much all of the same points had been brought up just over 3 years ago.

As for me the argument was still pertinent. We had left things on the table for a long time with snippits of outbursts between us. I still had questions. There's still people working for Hornady that are at odds with each other about this bullet. This leads people to be confused about the issue. However as for me, Zee answered some questions and showed me that there are two view points within the Hornady company. Zee told me some things I had never heard like there was a bit of professional testing on this bullet outside of Hornady and that there were some people within Hornady that knew the product in question better than some others. Taught me a lesson not to believe everything a company says about its product because there may be two factions within. One faction that actually knows the product and then there's the bean counters that only understand the marketing and profits end of the business. When you call even customer service you could possibly get one of either persuasion.

Anyway, mark this up to a learning experience.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,988 Senior Member
    I myself was skeptical with the initial concept of the A-Max. I drug my feet. Kicking and screaming. Why? Because I knew what was (inaccurate Nosler Ballistic Tip) and didn't consider that a Match Bullet (SMK) and Hunting Bullet (NBT) could be mated together. I anticipated a jack of all trades and master on none. Then........I tested it and got hands on experience................and never looked back. Just pushed it forward beyond what had initially been considered.

It.......is ......awesome.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith