Bomber Charged

Fat BillyFat Billy Senior MemberPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
The terrorist that survived has been charged with using a weapon of mas destruction and the White House said he'd be tried in a civilian court. The suspect agreed to " voluntary detention ". He has been assigned three federal public defenders. I have calmed down since my rant the other day but I want to see him tried to the fullest extent of the law. I guess I'll need to be secure that Eric Holder said he would. Hope it's not going to go like Fast and Furious. I understand he is a citizen but he must pay for his crimes. :up: Later,
Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.

Replies

• wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...mor'n likely it will get plea bargained down to a "Public Nuisance" charge, & they'll "deport" him w/ a "Lifetime Disability Pension"...
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    "Voluntary detention"? Excuse e mois?? Why isn't he chained to a bucket in the basement?

He should be charged with the use of WMD, plus three counts of Murder 1 and one count of malicious wounding with special circumstances for every other victim that was wounded.

Then he should get a fair trial, followed by a first class public hanging.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    He should be charged with the use of WMD

We should also be careful with that term/designation. What he had/used was a "destructive device" but far from a true WMD. They were glorified, over-sized pipe bombs. The traditional military use of the term is for any CBRN device.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    It's only a WMD if a Tea Party redneck uses one! Muslim terrorists don't qualify!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    It's only a WMD if a Tea Party redneck uses one! Muslim terrorists don't qualify!
    Jerry

Hey Jerry, how long until they start classifying tannerite as a WMD? God forbid if they caught any of us as teenagers doing the sorts of what used to be "boys will be boys" activities back then, which are now classified as major felonies or terrorist activities.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    God forbid if they caught any of us as teenagers doing the sorts of what used to be "boys will be boys" activities back then, which are now classified as major felonies or terrorist activities.

Yep, I was making my own black powder with chemicals I snuck out of the Jr. High School chemistry lab back in the late 1950's. It's surprising how much boom a Crosman CO2 cartridge will make when it's packed full of that stuff! Shrapnel? What's that?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Yep, I was making my own black powder with chemicals I snuck out of the Jr. High School chemistry lab back in the late 1950's. It's surprising how much boom a Crosman CO2 cartridge will make when it's packed full of that stuff! Shrapnel? What's that?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

I cannot confirm nor deny that I have any first hand knowledge of how such a device might function. I also cannot confirm nor deny that a carefully dismantled lightbulb functions as a very effective electrical igniter or that magnesium "borrowed" from a high school chem lab makes an effective fuse/igniter for home made thermite or that mixing works toilet bowl cleaner with aluminum foil in a glass bottle is a very bad idea. All of which today would now earn a curious teenager a few decades behind bars instead of a successful career as a chemical engineer.
    -DoctorWho
    Two of my students got FELONY records for setting off one of those toilet bowl cleaner bombs. Of course, they chose to put it in a mailbox! That got them a very nasty visit from the feds!
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,230 Senior Member
    I think Alpha is right. He's got 4 counts of murder, and 170+ counts of attempted murder among many other charges. He will never get out alive. No point in WMD charges. McVeigh used a WMD, the first World Trade Center bombings used a WMD. A pressure cooker bomb is not a WMD.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,230 Senior Member
    All I am going to say is that I was a curious young lad myself. It was stupid and naive, and nobody got hurt.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Potassium permanganate is a great catalyst, that’s all I’m going to say about that!!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    Two of my students got FELONY records for setting off one of those toilet bowl cleaner bombs. Of course, they chose to put it in a mailbox! That got them a very nasty visit from the feds!
    Jerry

Hehe!!! How bout flushing a lit cherry bomb down a toilet at school? Does that qualify me as a terrorist? Probably only by the plumber that had to put the piping back together!!!

Oh and Yeah, nobody got hurt. Only one lady litterally got her panties in a wad when she got hit by a wall of water in the back side, :fan: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,072 Senior Member
    We should also be careful with that term/designation. What he had/used was a "destructive device" but far from a true WMD. They were glorified, over-sized pipe bombs. The traditional military use of the term is for any CBRN device.

What makes this NOT an IED? It was certainly Improvised, and it was explosive....I do agree that it was not a WMD....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Hell simple match heads make a very nice propellant specially when you use enough of them :devil:

They also make a nasty boobie trap for first responders who are clearing a meth lab. When treated a certain way and wrapped with foil they become shock sensitive land mines that touching could take off an arm. We used to put a bucket over them and stack books or heavy things on them. That let you know not to mess with them....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    What makes this NOT an IED?

Who suggested that? Yes it's an IED, which can accureately describe just about any non-military explosive device from Jerry's students mail box bomb all the way up to the truck bomb used in OKC.
    -DoctorWho
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,072 Senior Member
    Who suggested that?

Because folks were calling it everything but what it was....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"