Every time I think the Gang of 8 can't get any more Elitest and stupid they do!

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
They just freeking amaze me! "Don't use the Boston bombings to delay immigration reform, it just isn't right to do that!" yet it is ok to parade the families from Newtown at every gathering they hold for gun control. I just can't even fathom the depths of hypocrisy they will go to.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/senators-argue-over-whether-boston-bombing-influence-immigration-182306542--politics.html
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• jigbonejigbone Member Posts: 182 Member
    I think I've decided that the best I can do is to call out the hypocrisy wherever I see it and make people think (at least as much as I can). Most of us here are smarter than the average bear, but I think George Carlin said it best: "think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are dumber than that".

The point I've been trying to make to people lately: You've already made up your mind on gun control and whether or not it's needed. Instead of trying to convince you why my opinion is right, I'd prefer you ask yourself a few questions:

- Does this "90% of Americans agree on gun control" thing seem a little strange to you? When do you remember 90% of America agreeing on *anything*? If your numbers and stats are suspect, so is your motive.

- Why do all the media reports regarding gun control legislation all contain, "...in the wake of the Newtown shooting...", when even Joe Biden himself proclaimed that nothing in the proposed legislation that failed (that they'll now try to pass secretly as amendments) would have or will prevent any mass shooting?

- If the new laws they're proposing won't save any lives or prevent shooting tragedies, why does Obama insist on being flanked by the families of shooting tragedy victims at press conferences?

The answer is simple - it's not about saving lives, it's about control. They're using emotion to try and trick people into their way of thinking. Most low-information people don't like to be told that their opinion is wrong (even when it is), but they equally dislike feeling like they've been suckered. My only hope is that maybe, just maybe, it will get them thinking about the agendas of their beloved leaders, questioning why they're saying what they're saying, instead of blindly drinking the kool-aid because it tastes good and all the cool kids are doing it.
    ATF should not be a government agency, it should be a discount store.
    :usa:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,192 Senior Member
    The polls that so-called 90% came from were skewed and BS.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    ."
    I urge restraint in that regard," Leahy said, adding later: "Let no one be so cruel as to try to use the heinous acts of two young men last week to derail the dreams and futures of millions of hardworking people.".

Yeah it is a bad thing to exploit tragedies, tell that to Obama and the rest of the gun grabbers!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member