Where were the bloodhounds ?

The police spokesman said , that they had found a puddle
of blood behind a house, but no one mentioned a tracking dog.
I would think any tracking dog worth his salt, would be able to
track a man bleeding from a fresh wound.
Rights and freedoms, won with patriot's blood,
shall not be taken away, by ink from a tyrant's pen.

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,719 Senior Member

Where's the fun in that? They got to dress up, rough up 1000's of citizens in their homes, declare unofficial marshal law, and in the end a citizen found the perp.

$130,000,000 spent for absolutely nothing.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,728 Senior Member

PETA wont allow them to use dogs cos its dangerous for the dog and dogs are people too...............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,922 Senior Member
    I'm wondering how he managed to get away in the first place. Cops are chasing them. Shoot his brother. He runs over his own brother and the just vanishes wounded into the night. I would have thought with that much law enforcement around it would have been impossible for him to elude them. I'm sure there were choppers overhead.I would not think it would be possible.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    He got away because all the cops piled on the dead brother trying to be the first to handcuff the corpse.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    One report has him rendered mute due to a throat wound.. he's never going to tell you anything even if he does survive.
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    He is telling. Via writing.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Interesting question. I'm just guessing that sometimes tracking dogs miss the trail. Nobody's perfect, not even ol' Rufus.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    LEO's can't run in all that gear like a fireman or wild-lands fire fighter in theirs .
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    NN wrote: »
    LEO's can't run in all that gear like a fireman or wild-lands fire fighter in theirs .
    ??? I know a couple of K9 officers who do. They have to wear suspenders for the gear belt, but they can keep up with the K9, even running through the scrub woods.
    Overkill is underrated.
    I was thinking the heavy police combat protective gear they
    use when then expect a firefight, that is a lot of gear.
    No offense meant..

I know some wild land people that run in weighted vests for practice.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Yeah, our K9 officers wear pretty close to full tac gear. I think it's a "fitness" issue.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Besides breaking ranks is probably a no no in such a
    situation.
    Besides the sensitivity button must be constantly tested, ha.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    Don't forget that they believed the guy to be wired up for a suicide bombing. Knowing that, I think the dude would have been able to stay pretty far ahead of me (baby steps).
    bisley wrote: »
    Don't forget that they believed the guy to be wired up for a suicide bombing. Knowing that, I think the dude would have been able to stay pretty far ahead of me (baby steps).

Yeah, that is right and probably why they told then not to shoot at him toward
    the end in the boat.

What about the flash bangs, could they not set the vest off with a sympathetic
    detonation?
    Who is going to pay for the damage to the boat from flash bangs and any gunfire?
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Have you heard about the Government! Why would you use a $5,000 trained dog when you can finally justify the $20 Million dollar blackhawk with the heat sensors!!! :cool2:

You laugh, but one of my buddies worked bomb squad. They got a million dollar robot to scout and even disarm some bombs. He was told constantly by his supervisor that that robot cost a million bucks and that there was a stack of applications of people who wanted his job!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Who is going to pay for the damage to the boat from flash bangs and any gunfire?

Thinking about that earlier, the guy should auction the boat off to some goofy crime memorabilia collector for 10x what it's worth, then buy himself a new, bigger boat.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Someone started an online collection where people can send money toward a new boat for the guy. Get whatever insurance will pay and sell it on eBay. The police will not pay squat I'm sure. The state or city should give him a reward for finding the guy. Think of what they'll save on the law suits for kicking in people's doors with illegal searches. :worthy: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
    Well hell, you and I will!!!

The owner will have to submit an insurance claim that will be denied because this wil be defined as an "act of war" by the adjustor which is NOT covered. So the boat owner will be forced to sue the Boston Police, his insurance company, the State Police, the FBI and the terrorist at a cost of millions to all parties involved, all for a $5,000 repair bill. :cool2:

So my question is... When they had the brother on the ground and this DB pointed the SUV at the cops, why did he not die in a hail of bullets like Bonnie and Clyde? Pointing a speeding car at cops is assault with a deadly weapon which should have been reponded to with deadly force. BUT THAT would have been no fun and would have ended the sadventure for all right?

[sarcasm ON] They were all on top of the nearly dead guy fighting over who got to handcuff him? And had to scurry out of the way when dirt bag #2 tried to run them down and ran over his brother and dragged him about 20 ft under the vehicle? And nobody wanted to jump in a vehicle and chase him? [sarcasm OFF]

About the boat damage, I was brought up and instilled with the notion that 'you broke it; you bought it'. Kind of a sore point with the way PDs get away with stuff that would get Joe Public in deep doo doo with the owner of said property, and a winnable lawsuit in court, and a possible stay in the gray bar hotel for the one causing the damage. Lawsuit against the PD will never net break even point when lawyer's fees and court costs are factored in. It should be as simple as taking the boat to a boat repair yard, getting it repaired, and sending the bill to the city, but that ain't gonna happen, no way, no how. Limited immunity is a license for mayhem.

Well hell, you and I will!!!

The owner will have to submit an insurance claim that will be denied because this wil be defined as an "act of war" by the adjustor which is NOT covered. So the boat owner will be forced to sue the Boston Police, his insurance company, the State Police, the FBI and the terrorist at a cost of millions to all parties involved, all for a $5,000 repair bill. :cool2:

So my question is... When they had the brother on the ground and this DB pointed the SUV at the cops, why did he not die in a hail of bullets like Bonnie and Clyde? Pointing a speeding car at cops is assault with a deadly weapon which should have been reponded to with deadly force. BUT THAT would have been no fun and would have ended the sadventure for all right?

Somebody in Mi offered to give that guy a new boat.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/23/this-guys-boat-was-destroyed-after-the-suspected-boston-bomber-hid-in-it-now-the-internet-wants-to-buy-him-a-new-one/
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Dzhokhar was damn lucky he didn't have to face my precious JULIET, Queen Of Dogs, Goddess Of The Hunt & Companion To The Heroes. She's one badass dachsund/chihuahua. The Hounds of Hell tuck tail in submission, and golden food and water bowls await her in Valhalla.