Thank those who stood strong for the Constitution and Bill of Rights

41magnut41magnut Senior MemberPosts: 1,162 Senior Member
Sir,
Thank you for your exceptional defense of our countries constitution during the recent gun control votes. I appreciate your unwavering stance in the face of intense pressure and lobbying efforts from those who would like for you and others to disregard the meaning and intent of the of this important document.
I am certain those who support various gun control measures will use parliamentary tricks in order to advance their political agenda. Please be on the look out for such attempts to usurp the constitution and circumvent the legislative process.
Thank you.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A thank you not is certainly appropriate for the Senators who supported the constitution and the bill of rights.
Above is a copy of the (e)mail I sent to my two senators, Cornyn and Cruz of Texas, Mike Lee (Utah), and Rand Paul (TN).

A letter of disapproval if your Senator voted in favor of the recent defeated gun control measured is more important. Even if your Senator is a gun control advocate they need to know your opinion in as strong and polite terms as possible.
"The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I sent my thanks to my 2 nicely conservative Tx senators, too. I'd previously emailed them, asking for a "no" vote on the bill as well.

It's better for each person to use his own words in a letter/email because "form" responses are often discounted. But yes, what your message says is pretty close to what I wrote.

What a pleasure it is, having both of our senators not just Republicans, but conservatives, one of them a genuine Teaparty guy.

And although I'm not a dedicated fan of Gov Rick Perry (he tends to put his foot in his mouth too much), it's a hellava lot better than having some Demo running the state. One great thing about Perry is seeing photos of him at the gun range with one of his ARs (oh, excuse me, "assault weapons", ha ha). And I like his recent trip to Illinois to recruit businesses to move to Texas.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    Sent one to Senator Hagan tell her she disappointed us and made a mistake in judgment.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    I gave both Tennessee senators unmitigated Hell for their "yes" votes on the "motion to proceed", and it seems somebody got their attention. They voted "no" on the important ones.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I got to sends letters of congratulations and condemnation. Orchids to Jeff Flake, Onions to John McCain. What is McCain's problem? You'd think a guy who suffered in the Hanoi Hilton would be a grizzly bear for Liberty.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,162 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    What is McCain's problem? You'd think a guy who suffered in the Hanoi Hilton would be a grizzly bear for Liberty.

I have pondered this situation numerous times myself.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    I think McCain has the same problem as our senior senator from Tennessee, Lamar Alexander- - - - -

OLD
    TIRED
    RINO

Time for some new blood in the party. These guys have been around Washington so long they have gotten out of touch with their constituents. Alexander doesn't even bother acknowledging letters or emails anymore, including the one I sent him asking him to retire for the good of the state and the country.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,425 Senior Member
    I was originally not a fan of Ted Cruz, but with his participation in Rand Paul's filibuster and his hardline stance against gun control he is winning me over.

I'm also a big Rand Paul fan, he's a less idealistic version of his father who will appeal to more mainstream Republicans than Ron ever could have hoped for. Make no mistake, Rand is not Ron. I just hope he can avoid the media blackout that was Ron's downfall.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C