Gun sales surge after Boston Bombing:

We have met the enemy, and he is us.

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    he
    Buffco wrote: »
    Geez Louise....

Gun sales surge after Boston Bombing:
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/22/Gun-Ammo-Sales-Continue-To-Surge-Following-Boston-Bombing

We have met the enemy, and he is us.

You sound just like my youngest daughter, but then she is a Lawyer in Boston so I would expect it from her. But You, who I have believed to be a level headed country boy gun owning conservative, surprised me with this.

I don't trust any of these libtards. Guns have been confiscated all over the world because people believed politicians when theyb claimed all they wanted to do was use common sense measures to tighten control over who can buy a gun. However, I'm not going to break my bank to stock up on stuff I may never use. The key to this is buy a little at a time and stock up over time. It's a good idea to have a supply of ammo and it's always fun to buy a new gun, if it's something you want.

However, the worst of all this is the Obama administration has figured out that if they buy up a lot of ammo, then we will not be able to get what we want. If they can't outlaw our guns then they'll give us gun control by default. If there's no ammo or components available, then they don't need to confiscate our guns.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I'm a realist, snake.

The Senate doesn't have the appetite for it, the House doesn't have the votes. Obama is a powerless gelding. He can't do anything.

But the perpetual fear is getting annoying. I want to buy some 22 ammo, ****. And I want to do so without getting a 2nd mortgage.

I know there are some who would say it's my fault for not preparing. I guess... But that attitude is partially what is driving this demand and subsequent scarcity. I just think that it's a sad state of affairs that I MUST hoard if I want to shoot.

I'm not saying I trust Obama. I know he has no use for someone like me and even less use for guns. (unless it's for his Secret Service) But he's a joke. And has much bigger fish to fry.

What we are suffering with is fear because "he COULD" or, gasp, the U.N. is coming for my guns. This is all a false panic. And I'm sick of it.

/rant
  • the independentthe independent Member Posts: 52 Member
    The article points to New York. Right now friends there are buying up anything they can get their hands on. Seems the government there passed some restrictive laws and that is what they are saying is driving the issue there. It is not false in 2014 they will be there other states sooner.
    I agree there's a little more to worry about on the state level, and I'm all for keeping my guard up and eyes on D.C.

But ain't nobody in Kennesaw GA coming for your guns, Elmer, so put down that third brick of 22 and buy beer instead.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Halloween....just wait...it will be all better by then.....before Thanksgiving at the latest......Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Buff, I tend to agree with you, with the following exception... The Obama Regime would LIKE to greatly restrict our gun owning freedoms, as would most liberals. It's by our NRA membership dues and other pro-gun actions that we can continue to deflect the Regime's goals.

So yeah, I agree that gun seizure isn't likely to occur, but it's not due to the wishes of liberals to not do so, but rather to our activism to protect our rights. We need to be vigilant always.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Send this to all your friends.
    Trust the government . Believe the government. The government and its representatives are your friends. Trust them. They won't hurt you. They have your best interests at heart.
    If I can just get them to believe this then maybe prices will come down so I can afford the 1911 I want.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,922 Senior Member
    I know I wish things would go back to normal. Am I out of ammo,no. Did I prepare for this, maybe not. I have got some ammo for all my guns but it has slowed down the amount of time we go to the range. I don't want to shoot it up because I don't know if I can replace it. Heck I don't even know if I have enough to take to the SE shoot. The next time it goes back to normal I guess I will have to be a hoarder and stock pile just so I can go out and do some plinking whenever I want to.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,418 Senior Member
    I got an instant malware warning on that link!

Proceed with caution if you decide to click on it!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,215 Senior Member
    I got something as well and I run Microsoft Security Essentials. I would be deleting that link.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I got an instant malware warning on that link!

Proceed with caution if you decide to click on it!
    Jerry

Not surprising something from Breitbart would be malicious...
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,922 Senior Member
    What link??
    samzhere wrote: »
    So yeah, I agree that gun seizure isn't likely to occur, but it's not due to the wishes of liberals to do so

It's actually only a minority faction of liberals who actually care about gun control and push it (mainly the nanny state soccer moms). Unfortunately they still have a good bit of influence in the base of the party and liberal politicians feel pressure to pander to them. They're sortof like the Christian Theocrats in the Republican base that drive a lot of the least popular conservative policy positions.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I got something as well and I run Microsoft Security Essentials. I would be deleting that link.

Done. Sorry. Never had a problem with breitbart, not that it's a site I frequent, it just was a link from the Drudge Report.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I told y'all the gun manufacturers weren't gonna let the govt take our guns. They have a dog in the fight. And one overseas at that.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Done. Sorry. Never had a problem with breitbart, not that it's a site I frequent, it just was a link from the Drudge Report.
    Neither have I. I am on Drudge all the time, but never get that from the links. I am still doing the scan. It might be nothing, but it definitely set off my anti-malware.
    I told y'all the gun manufacturers weren't gonna let the govt take our guns. They have a dog in the fight. And one overseas at that.
    Gun manufacturers don't vote. People vote. Gun manufacturers are a small part of the economy. Don't fall for that liberal "gun manufacturer lobby" crap. The NRA is people!!!
    hartman.jpg
    Gun manufacturers don't vote. People vote. Gun manufacturers are a small part of the economy. Don't fall for that liberal "gun manufacturer lobby" crap. The NRA is people!!!
    hartman.jpg
    This is freaking hilarious on about 6 different levels. I crack myself up sometimes.
    This is freaking hilarious on about 6 different levels. I crack myself up sometimes.

Something like that....

But it is pretty good!
    -DoctorWho
    Something like that....
    1) Heston starred in the movie Soylent Green.
    2) A big liberal complaint is that firearm manufacturers are responsible for influencing politicians.
    3) People (in this case) are responsible for influencing politicians.
    4) Phil Hartman did a skit of Heston doing Soylent Green.
    5) Heston was president of the NRA.
    6) Soylent Green was people.
    7) The NRA is people (not corporate interests).

I was wrong... Seven levels of funny!
    Buffy-- Just a FYI.... It set off my malware alarm, but a complete scan of my computer revealed nothing. It is a good link, but it was flagged or something.
    Here Alpha (since you are libtarded)...
    Then there is this one with Hartman...
    It is a shame that NBC won't allow the clip on Youtube. It is freaking hilarious.
    1) Heston starred in the movie Soylent Green.
    2) A big liberal complaint is that firearm manufacturers are responsible for influencing politicians.
    3) People (in this case) are responsible for influencing politicians.
    4) Phil Hartman did a skit of Heston doing Soylent Green.
    5) Heston was president of the NRA.
    6) Soylent Green was people.
    7) The NRA is people (not corporate interests).

I was wrong... Seven levels of funny!

Yeah I got it, it was pretty funny, I was just making fun of you for being so impressed with yourself about your own joke :tooth:
    -DoctorWho
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,803 Senior Member
    The term government is derived from to govern, which means to control. Personally I have enough control in my life as I have a wife and child and business clients that already tell me what to do.

The Government is not coming for our guns today, but they exist to control us, by our own permission. It is up to us and the Constitution to limit their reach for more control. I wish that they would focus on enforcing existing laws rather than attempt to create new laws.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 470 Member
    Buffco, I respectfully disagree with your contention that Obama can't do anything. Quite the opposite in fact. By executive order, he can create a morass of regulations making gun buying a nightmare. The regulations imposed may be unconstitutional but it would take years to mount a legal challenge and have it go to the Supreme Court, which can choose not to take the case. By that time the damage has been done.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,728 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Personally I have enough control in my life as I have a wife and child and business clients that already tell me what to do.
    D

Preach it, brother!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    gunwalker wrote: »
    Buffco, I respectfully disagree with your contention that Obama can't do anything.

Sure, he can. The question is, "Will he?"

I say no. First, he's not that stupid. Second, it's just not that high on his agenda. Look at the ball-less executive orders he cranked out after Sandy Hook. They accomplished nothing other than enabling him to say he'd "done something". And that was mere WEEKS after children were shot dead!!

Now that we've moved even further away from SH, he's less inclined to rile that sleeping dragon.

My thoughts, anyway. It's open to debate, sure. And like I said, I'm not suggesting we become less vigilante. Just that we tamp down the fear just a wee bit.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I don't think it's really a minority within the liberal side and BTW not all of it is liberal. I have met my share of gun owners that espouse tighter gun laws and even the occassional clays shooting elitist that is SURE the bad evil guns are NOT the same as his $10,000 Perazzi and no one should have one. Now I'm not saying they are a majority either but I think we would be shocked to find out the real number.

I definitely could be wrong, but while I agree that most non-gun owning liberals and as you suggest some conservatives would be at least weakly in favor of some level of increased gun control, it's very low on the priority list for most. The number of people who drive the issue are a small but vocal minority. Unfortunately that minority still has a lot of power within the party establishment.
    -DoctorWho
    BigDanS wrote: »
    The Government is not coming for our guns today, but they exist to control us, by our own permission. It is up to us and the Constitution to limit their reach for more control. I wish that they would focus on enforcing existing laws rather than attempt to create new laws.

D

Exactly. Hoarding ammo does NOTHING to limit that reach. All the other actions we take DO.

Just tired of the current situation, is all. ;)