Outa here.

AiredaleAiredale BannedPosts: 624 Senior Member
I originally thought that this was a well balanced group that would discuss politics in an intelligent conversation.
Never mind, my comments would be construed as something else anyway.
You guys are yelling in a tube that only reflects your echos.
Bye Bye

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,257 Senior Member
    Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! Bye!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Test UserTest User New Member Posts: 33 Member
    Again?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,047 Senior Member
    We'd love to have a conversation or discussion with you. When will you start? Right now, you've not shown an interest in discussion, only in parroting off your views with no dialogue.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    What'd I miss?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    What'd I miss?

I'm guessing not much.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,555 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    And to be honest with you, your feelings on gun ownership don't line up with ours. We won't miss you.

Yep.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    People come and people go.......so is life. Safe journey to ya amigo.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    I'm guessing not much.

Well, since I tend to congregate with friends that share my views, of course I'd want to hear those echos. I've worked too damn hard to establish my position on things to have my mind changed now.

It's kind of like how the Democraps complain about how we won't have a dialogue on "reasonable" gun control. They don't want a dialogue, they want us to accept their diatribe.

(you see what I did there?)
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,701 Senior Member
    You misspelt echoes................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    It's the colonial spelling. Kind of like tomatos or potatos.

NRA Endowment Member
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,257 Senior Member
    Everyone can bring happiness- - - - -some when they enter a room, others when they leave!

animated-snoopy.gif

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,247 Senior Member
    Why, I ask, is it neccesary to make a parting post. I have never understood the need for this exit jesture. Can't folks just slip quietly into the night never to be heard from again? It adds an aire of mystery to the departure. I don't like to see folks leave as I believe it takes all kinds of people and opinions to support an interesting forum. That being said, If you don't enjoy your time here then leaving is your best option, but just leave, don't make an issue out of it if you please.

Sako
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,759 Senior Member
    A conversation, or regarding politics, a debate, requires two way communication. You make a statement, and then when it is answered and a question asked, you ignore it and go off on another tangent. That tangent is answered, a question asked of you, and you ignore it. Your idea of conversation is my idea of talking to a fence post. Most unsatisfying, although a fence post is a good listener.
    And I still oil the beam and blade of my horizontal log splitter. And it doesn't squeak or squeal when I use it, either.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    Airdale thinks that a semi auto and magazine ban is OK because we don't NEED then for hunting. He cited PA as a example.

He is right. As a PA resident, I can prove that I don't need a semi auto to hunt deer. I can even prove that I do not NEED a cartridge rifle that holds more than one shot, or even a primer powered or cap powered rifle that takes quite a bit of time to reload. In fact I don't need a flintlock rifle at all to hunt deer. Even more to the point, I can prove that I don't need to hunt deer at all.

He insists on missing the point with passion.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    Well...bye
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    What did I miss?
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    No one really knows, since the OP had the frustrating habit of starting a wandering rant then not responding for a couple of days. And even then, he only responded to ONE post.

He never offered any suggestions to the problems he complained about, only whiney sneers to OUR suggestions or questions. That is, when he bothered to follow up at all.....

I'm thinking he was more of the hand wringing type than the thinking type.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    No one really knows, since the OP had the frustrating habit of starting a wandering rant then not responding for a couple of days. And even then, he only responded to ONE post.

He never offered any suggestions to the problems he complained about, only whiney sneers to OUR suggestions or questions. That is, when he bothered to follow up at all.....

I'm thinking he was more of the hand wringing type than the thinking type.

I wonder why he came back anyway. He posted for awhile, left after his feelings got hurt, came back, got his feelings hurt, and now he is leaving again. I too would have enjoyed for him to have argued his point of view just once. Too bad. I don't agree with Alpha, but he does argue his points in defense of his views. I have always respected that.

Airedale, happy trails!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    sakodude wrote: »
    Why, I ask, is it neccesary to make a parting post. I have never understood the need for this exit jesture. Can't folks just slip quietly into the night never to be heard from again? It adds an aire of mystery to the departure. I don't like to see folks leave as I believe it takes all kinds of people and opinions to support an interesting forum. That being said, If you don't enjoy your time here then leaving is your best option, but just leave, don't make an issue out of it if you please.

Sako

Drama Queens, they always have to make an exit with flair.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,087 Senior Member
    Since I'm new here myself, I haven't seen/heard anything from the OP - and thus don't have a dog in this fight...

...But this kind of exit is termed a "flounce" in my corner of the Internet!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

I'm scared to ask.

:-)
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Keep posting and he will always be with us and people can email him to death. Just saying. :up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Originally Posted by zorba ...But this kind of exit is termed a "flounce" in my corner of the Internet!

"I'm scared to ask."

:-)
    This sounds about right.....:queen:

flounce 2 (flouns)
    intr.v. flounced, flounc·ing, flounc·es
    1. a. To move in a lively or bouncy manner: The children flounced around the room in their costumes.
    b. To move with exaggerated or affected motions: flounced petulantly out of the house.
    2. To move clumsily; flounder. n. The act or motion of flouncing.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    This sounds about right.....:queen:

flounce 2 (flouns)
    intr.v. flounced, flounc·ing, flounc·es
    1. a. To move in a lively or bouncy manner: The children flounced around the room in their costumes.
    b. To move with exaggerated or affected motions: flounced petulantly out of the house.
    2. To move clumsily; flounder. n. The act or motion of flouncing.

Oh, I knew what the word meant. I was more scared to ask what corner of the Internet he was referencing.

;-)
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,701 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

Are you saying he 'sashayed' ?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,584 Senior Member
    Another one bites the dust. Oh well. He did start some interesting threads, just wish he would have participated in them a little more. Spending too much time on the 2A forum is bad for anyone, especially if you're not espousing a majority opinion most of the time. Even I need to take a break every now and then (not often), I just don't make a big deal about it.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Oh, I knew what the word meant. I was more scared to ask what corner of the Internet he was referencing.

;-)
    I had to look it up, and I figured maybe others might not know the definition as well, so I posted it as a convenience.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Don't know whether I'll miss Airedale but that's his call.

I think he's totally wrong, however. First of all, this is a, duh, GUN forum. This means that members here are generally very pro 2A and likely conservatives. If Air is looking for a liberal forum, there are plenty to choose from.

Second, members here are very open minded. I've been castigated sometimes for occasionally supporting what Obama says or does, but I'm never offended by the criticism. I only get miffed if the postings are personal insults. But those folks are long gone, too, thanks to the "zebras" (moderators) who check such stuff and ban creeps. I know what unmoderated forums are like and they're not pleasant. I've been called a **** and other anti-semitic insults because I'm a strong supporter of Israel. Here, I've been disagreed with but always in a rational manner, which is fine with me. For the record, my grandfather was Jewish but converted to Christianity when he was disowned by his family for the "crime" of falling in love with a gentile girl. Nevertheless I was raised to love the Jewish faith like my own and as I grew up, I gained a love for Israel. But that's another subject...

Air didn't really say what he expected from us. As I see it, we're pro 2A and mostly conservative, but rational and not nutjobs (well, maybe Buffy... ha ha, just kidding Buff) and all rational stances are evenly and carefully debated. Re. my thread here about the Boston bombing police response.

So I wish Air the best in his endeavor to find a forum where everyone agrees just with him.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Are you saying he 'sashayed' ?

Could the formula be (sashayed + flourish = flounce)?
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Could the formula be (sashayed + flourish = flounce)?

Nope! That don't mean what I thought it meant.