Outa here.

Replies

• bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Well that's his decision to go or not. i quit reading his post because all he seemed to want to do is stir the pot.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Airedale wrote: »
    I originally thought that this was a well balanced group

That was your first mistake.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Jim TomJim Tom Member Posts: 338 Member
    Did his parting thread try to put the words intelligent and politics in the same sentence? Massive fail every time. Hey, I bet if we start a religion sub-forum, we could really cumbaya!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,737 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    That was your first mistake.

Bingo!!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    "Sound of door slamming shut". Echo echo echo echo echo. Silence.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    I know that we have a political section, and some of the things regarding guns can get political, but why do people come to forums that aren't related to politics and then constantly want to discuss politics? This is guns and ammo. Same thing on some other forums I've read in the past. Surfing, tennis, bikes, chickens, whatever. If it's politics you want, there are plenty of places on the web to discuss it.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,945 Senior Member
    Guess he needs some
    buttpaste1.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I'm scared to ask.

:-)

Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: "he stood up in a fury and flounced out".
    Trimmed with a flounce or flounces.
    Noun
    An exaggerated action, typically intended to express one's annoyance or impatience.
    A wide ornamental strip of material gathered and sewn to a piece of fabric; a frill.
    Synonyms
    frill - furbelow - ruffle

More info - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster - The Free Dictionary
    Urban Dictionary: flounce
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flounce
    When a member of an online community announces they are leaving, usually after a protracted disagreement with other members of the community.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,695 Senior Member
    Gee, I'm sorry - I didn't realize you were still here.

I have left in a tiff numerous times over the last 7-8 years - I just didn't burn my bridges behind me, because I was not arrogant enough to believe anyone would notice, or care for longer than it takes to blow their nose. I get over it, and sometimes re-examine my beliefs and wonder about the opposition to them. Eventually, I may even find a compromise between what I thought I knew and what somebody else thought they knew, and take another stab at it. It's a good intellectual exercise for those who are up to it.

Let's face it - everybody has their own reasons for posting opinions that nobody else really wants to 'hear.' Personally, I just like to get my thoughts in print, because I choose my words more carefully than in conversation, and make less mistakes. It helps me in real life to express myself more clearly. I've averted being embarassingly wrong lots of times, because I bounced my thoughts off of this very skeptical group of people. My posts are always too long because it requires too many words for me to get everything straight in my own mind, but at least I get it off my chest without boring the hell out of a whole room full of people in real life.

You, however, seem to think that all of your half-baked opinions are correct, and you cannot be bothered by those narrow-minded idiots that disagree with you. You will not be missed, but worse than that, you will probably continue to aggravate the hell out of everybody out there in the world that doesn't have the luxury of ignoring your rants.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    You misspelt echoes................

stoopid pencil..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Re. taking offense at what's said in a forum, I just got personally insulted on Facebook by someone whom I had regarded as a longtime friend. But of course he's a liberal, and he resorted to the typical liberal fallback of using personal insults when a disagreement on ideas was happening.

I could report him to the Fb moderators but that would be petty. Instead I'll leave him to wallow in the liberal mire where he's comfy.

You guys are right, of course -- this is a gun forum and although we do discuss lots of other stuff, it's primarily meant for G&A, duh.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    Airedale wrote: »
    I originally thought that this was a well balanced group that would discuss politics in an intelligent conversation.
    Never mind, my comments would be construed as something else anyway.
    You guys are yelling in a tube that only reflects your echos.
    Bye Bye
    28897120_zps35871c3d.jpg
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    We wanted to debate. He wanted us to shut up and listen to him. Ah.. well.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    I am really upset over this reaction to this thread!

I'm going to go out and use some transmission fluid
    on my tools kept in the garage, ie; splitter, saws, ect.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,180 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I am really upset over this reaction to this thread!

I'm going to go out and use some transmission fluid
    on my tools kept in the garage, ie; splitter, saws, ect.

Anarchist! :rotflmao:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,784 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: "he stood up in a fury and flounced out".
    Trimmed with a flounce or flounces.
    Noun
    An exaggerated action, typically intended to express one's annoyance or impatience.
    A wide ornamental strip of material gathered and sewn to a piece of fabric; a frill.
    Synonyms
    frill - furbelow - ruffle

More info - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster - The Free Dictionary
    Urban Dictionary: flounce
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flounce
    When a member of an online community announces they are leaving, usually after a protracted disagreement with other members of the community.

This. Works best in a huge skirt so one can swirl about disdainfully as one leaves the room!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,784 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You just stay over in your corner of the Internet. :tooth:
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :angel2:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :angel2:

:nono::yikes::silly: What you just said...
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,945 Senior Member
    JLDickmon wrote: »
    28897120_zps35871c3d.jpg
    This'll fix him right up :roll2:
    buttpaste1.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,757 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    This. Works best in a huge skirt so one can swirl about disdainfully as one leaves the room!

OMG, that is hilarious.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    TSchub wrote: »
    .... Same thing on some other forums I've read in the past...... chickens, whatever.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHREVHc93GC5TdOjpIVjF9tSpaCvPV9fIZWXn2yviMCbb3bDZglQ97zw

Hmm! Hmm!

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    No. No, I'm preeeeeeettttttyyyyyyyy sure that wont happen.

Hell, I'll wear a dress.

And you haven't lived until you wear hose underneath your jeans and gone to Walmart.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Hell, I'll wear a dress.

And you haven't lived until you wear hose underneath your jeans and gone to Walmart.

Even for you Buffy, that was too much information!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    Buffco wrote: »
    Hell, I'll wear a dress.

And you haven't lived until you wear hose underneath your jeans and underwear on your head for a trip to Walmart.

FIFY
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,177 Senior Member
    Geez guys...this is the longest goodbye I've ever seen.....even if he DID flounce out of here...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Everyone can bring happiness- - - - -some when they enter a room, others when they leave!

animated-snoopy.gif

Jerry

:agree::that:
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Was this thread about someone leaving?
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! Bye!
    Jerry
    ..............And I might add Teach, good-bye and good riddance,as so my Grandad used to say..... Also my Grandad used to say, in regard to conversations, and/or discussions, that an exchange of ideas is a discussions,and an exchange of ignorance is an argument.........He also said that there was alway three sides to every story:
    My side, Your side, and the truth??????????????

..............I can't count the times I engaged in meaningful discussions and conversations on this board and did not exactly win,(for lack of a better term).. But the point is and what I learned far outweighted the loss in a bebate/discussion..,,,,, I do so remember my Grandad saying excatly what you have said here, and others in my walk of life,,,, "Don't let the door hit ya where the Good lord split ya"............

Thanks Teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Was this thread about someone leaving?

I'm just here for the beer. Speaking of, who's turn is it to buy?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,335 Senior Member
    I'm just here for the beer. Speaking of, who's turn is it to buy?
    I think it is your turn again.... Yea, that's it!