AR Master Molder mags spillage

BaggerBagger MemberPosts: 60 Member
I went to the range yesterday. I have 10 of the 20rd Master Molder mags and a couple of them would shoot out the rounds thru the ejection port when loading the mags in the gun. Only loading about 10 rounds in mag with 4-5 popping out. The mags didn't do this when I tested them all after buying 2-3 yrs ago. They were stored unloaded. I like the 20rders at my range since I have to use a benchrest/bipod.

Any other reports with this mag.

The standard mags Pmags and others worked as advertized.

thanks

Bagger :usa:

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Never used them, but the simple answer is if they don't work, don't use them. Stick to the Pmags.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    20% failure sounds about right. I too bought 10 of them back when they were $3-4 each and two of them unload themselves as well. Luckily for me, I have the option of using those 2 for my Beowulf. They hold those big rounds just fine.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    I haven't used all of mines, but the 3 that I use have been flawless for me. Are yours the Canadian or US manufacture? US made have the "THERMOLD, D&D Inc, Wilson NC, USA" markings.

I have 2 20-rd Pmags that won't chamber the last 2 rounds for me on more than 1 occasions in more than 1 of my ARs. My go-to mags are now Lancers.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • BaggerBagger Member Posts: 60 Member
    They are THERMOLD, D&D Inc, Wilson NC, USA"

Tossed out the ones that did not work. Like you I bought them for about $4. 8 of the 10 work fine.

Bagger :usa: