Taurus PT.22

farm boyfarm boy Senior MemberPosts: 987 Senior Member
Who has a PT.22? Who has had one? General info is what I am after. I have a guy offering me one on trade.
I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
Dad 5-31-13

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    (Cough, cough, ack!) I've had one for about 20 years. It's had a few bricks of standard and subsonic ammo through it. Way more accurate than it has any right to be with that abbreviated barrel. It's minute of sycamore ball floating in the creek at about 15-20 feet. Shooting the hyper velocity ammunition can cause frame cracking problems from what I've read. It's a Beretta clone, and Beretta's have the same problem using hyper velocity ammunition.

Shoot it, check barrel lockup is positive with no rocking up and down with the barrel in locked position. Carefully check frame and slide for any cracking. Removing the slide to check for cracks is a good idea.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,683 Senior Member
    No experience with it but I don't think you will find a lot fo love for anything Taurus here.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,662 Senior Member
    I have had a PT 25 for a very long time. The Daughter claimed it as hers while in college and today she still enjoys it at the range. No fuss if you can find cheap ammo and goes bang everytime. Same basic gun as the .22 only centerfire

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,726 Senior Member
    I had one a while ago. The awesome power and shock of the 22LR was too much for the barrel hinge pin, and it broke. It was my second Taurus that I had to return to the factory
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    I'm not going there, I'd like to sleep tonight

pt-22_zpsaefa8738.jpg
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 987 Senior Member
    I wasn't looking for a Taurus love in. It won't be a carry gun, not even a back up to a BUG. Just a play toy, one that is easier to liquidate than what I am getting rid of.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    I do want to let you know that when the hinge pin on mine broke, it did not stop shooting. It was hitting 4 feet to the left, and the barrel was cockeyed, but it never jammed
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    That is actually more scary than if it would have just jammed. What was holding the barrel in battery?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    I have had one for over 10 years no I think. No problems and mine is really accurate too! I understand it is cool to hate a Taurus. I hate Fords so what does that mean :)
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    That is actually more scary than if it would have just jammed. What was holding the barrel in battery?

Probably the shell case....:devil:
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....

The latch.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    I have had one for over 10 years no I think. No problems and mine is really accurate too! I understand it is cool to hate a Taurus. I hate Fords so what does that mean :)
    I don't hate Taurus, I just want something more than the one I had, so I bought my wife a S/W Air weight.