Want to know why guns and ammo supply is tight?

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 25,809 Senior Member
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,484 Senior Member
    Someone has an excellent grasp of the obvious.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Interesting to look at the numbers. I did notice that FWIW, 2013 is the first year on the list showing a steady decline from January to March. In my industry we look to explain things like that. Could just be a geek stat though.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,809 Senior Member
    Interesting to look at the numbers. I did notice that FWIW, 2013 is the first year on the list showing a steady decline from January to March. In my industry we look to explain things like that. Could just be a geek stat though.

The tidal wave had to have been in the last two quarters of 2012. I'd like to see the stats for those months. Here it is by the last few years. Note that the checks doubled in Nov. 2012. Now ain't that a hoot.

ncischecks_zps0edcc426.jpg
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member

....you need to recall the original intent of the post, I'm bettin' the lack of available guns & ammo factors into that "steady decline". "Cain't hardly sell what ya ain't got"...
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,466 Senior Member
    wildgene wrote: »
    ....you need to recall the original intent of the post, I'm bettin' the lack of available guns & ammo factors into that "steady decline". "Cain't hardly sell what ya ain't got"...

That, and the increase in prices have slowed some people down...... like me.

Not to mention I spent the next three years worth of gun budget in two months! (I did beat the expected price increases though)
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,670 Senior Member
    wildgene wrote: »
    :that: :agree:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,739 Senior Member
    Well, DUH. Newt Gingrich was on That Piers Whozit's show a couple of weeks ago and he said the same thing I've been saying for months......Obummer's the best gun salesman the country's ever had.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    I got my AR and a 9mm. What more should I get before 1 October here in Maryland?
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD