Magpul introduces 1911 grips

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,378 Senior Member
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG524

Looks like an excellent low cost alternative to the excellent but very pricy VZ grips that I prefer on my STI. They certainly won't replace the VZ on my current rig, but may very well find a home on my theoretical next 1911.

(I am not associated with Magpul)
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,898 Senior Member
    Reported
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    They look interesting. More for a fighting weapon. Do the grip you currently own now have that cutout for the thumb If so, how does it work
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    Yes, and it is there simply to make the mag release easier to reach. I like the feature a lot.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,664 Senior Member
    I guess they caught up on that magazine backorder, and had nothing better to do?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,835 Senior Member
    I'll give those a try.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • KillShotKillShot New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    I guess they caught up on that magazine backorder, and had nothing better to do?

I seriously LOL'd because you put my thoughts into words! :up:
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Meh. For $5 less, the Pachmayrs on my Springfield MEUSOC clone work just as well, if not better. The rubber is grippier when I'm storming a beachhead at oh-dark-thirty with tangos in my sights.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    And just for the record, I am a *serious* Magpul fanboi; these just do nothing for moi.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

They've officially started production of mags outside of CO., I'd imagine that they're building other stuff in the CO plant.
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Meh. For $5 less, the Pachmayrs on my Springfield MEUSOC clone work just as well, if not better.

I've never really liked the palm swell that Pachmayr puts on their 1911 and High Power grips, just feels wonky to me.

(admittedly, my hands are bordering on carney size.)
    They make a version without the palm swell, with a dish at the magazine release button. That's what I have.

NRA Endowment Member
    They make a version without the palm swell, with a dish at the magazine release button. That's what I have.

So you mean instead of making this...........

DSCN2142.jpg

......I could've just bought something that did what I wanted?

Well that's a bit irritating. :tooth:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    And just for the record, I am a *serious* Magpul fanboi; these just do nothing for moi.

This.

I want grips that leave indentations on my hand for minutes after I let go of the gun. I want to be able to hang on with two fingers if needed.

:quecarneyjokes:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    This.

I want grips that leave indentations on my hand for minutes after I let go of the gun. I want to be able to hang on with two fingers if needed.

:quecarneyjokes:
    Wouldn't it just be easier to duct tape the handgun to your wee little hands?
    Overkill is underrated.
    If I could, I would.

Edit: You know what? I'm gonna try that one day. Tape the crap out of my hand and gun. See how well it runs. Just for laughs.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,835 Senior Member
    If I could, I would.

Edit: You know what? I'm gonna try that one day. Tape the crap out of my hand and gun. See how well it runs. Just for laughs.

Just be careful when you point at the bunny....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • blkbird305blkbird305 Member Posts: 219 Member
    If I could, I would.

Also be careful while talking to Marvin in the backseat, you could have an accident.

:tooth: