Bulgarian Ak74 and Makarov!!!!!!!!!

glockman0422glockman0422 MemberPosts: 216 Member
Hey:

Im so glad the the forum is up and running again :applause: . However, i was not able to log in using my previous username (nightrider) so i was forced to create a new one. Anyways, I Just wanted to show you guys this cool pair. They are a lot of fun at the range and are pretty cheap to own and shoot. i replaced the cheap stock on the AK74 with this cool looking plumb colored one.I also installed a Hogue pistol grip and it makes it feel a lot better that the original. The Makarov is also very nice. I was reluctant to purchase anything from Century Arms after reading so many mixed reviews but i took a gamble and im glad i did. I dont know if i just got lucky but i have to say that these two guns are in great shape and are great shooters. I have not had one single malfunction with any of them as of yet and i have put around 600 rnds trhu the ak74 and about 500 rnds thru the makarov.

akplumbullet013.jpg

Here are the 5.45x39 Poison bullet for the AK74:
akplumbullet004.jpg

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    How has the AK shot at 100yds?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Nice pic of a great pair of guns! :beer:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I have to ask, being longer barreled, does the AK74 have any better accuracy than the 47 with factory loads?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    I have to ask, being longer barreled, does the AK74 have any better accuracy than the 47 with factory loads?

Thus the reason for my question:cool:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,590 Senior Member
    Nice pickups :beer:

I've been considering adding an ak74 to go with my 47. I think there is still some super cheap surplus ammo around too.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Yes, nice, like them :beer:
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    Very nice! I like the AK74 a lot! Cheap to shoot and recoil is pleasant.

:beer: / Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    Great looking pair of commie guns... I am a real fan!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    Very interesting
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    Nice guns. I like the table too.
  • glockman0422glockman0422 Member Posts: 216 Member
    Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    How has the AK shot at 100yds?

The best i've done with iron sights at 100 yards has been 3 to 4 inch groups. However, i dont get to practice much at that distance since the outdoor ranges are a bit of a drive for me. I do shoot it alot at 50 yards at an indoor range and it does 2 inch groups easy. I was actually pretty impressed with the accuracy the first time i fired it. I had fired AK47's before and this gun is just leaps and bounds more accurate. The recoil is very minimal and its very nicely tamed by the muzzle break. Last weekend i took it to the range and my friend was shooting his M&P 15. We are not by any means proffesional shooters but the AK74 was holding its own in the accuracy department against the AR. And im proud to say that i have not had any malfuctions as to be expected with an AK. But the M&P 15 had one hiccup.Not a biggie but still the AK had none. The ammo i was using was both the Military surplus which is corrosive and also the commercial Silver bear non corrosive. The Silver bear was the more accurate of the two. Its slightly more expensive but its still alot cheaper than any .223/5.56. I bought a case of 750 rnds of the Silver bear non corrosive for 144 bucks. All in all i have to say im very fond of this rifle and although i am planning on getting an AR in the future i would highly recommend the AK74 for anyone looking for a fun affordable rifle that is super reliable and has decent accuracy. I also think that the 5.45x39 cartdrige is pretty interesting. From what i have read it was designed to tumble on impact resulting in pretty nasty wounds. I guess thats why the afghans called it the "Poison bullet" I dont get too hung up on that stuff but it was an interesting read.