Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Far out political predictions

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 7,958 Senior Member
Here's mine.

Chris Christie will switch parties and run in the democratic presidential primary in order to become the democratic nominee for president. After last year's shameful suck up display to obama that hurt Romney, as well as some moderate/liberal stances he has taken, I think he knows he hasn't got a chance of getting the republican nomination.

This will probably hinge, though, on how badly Hillary is damaged over Benghazigate. In a recent press conference, Jay Carney hinted that the administration might just put this all on her, and it certainly won't be the first time that obama has thrown an ally under the bus.

What do you think? Is there any possibility of this happening, or am I just imagining things?

What about your own predictions?
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    In the light of his actions, your prediction about Christie doesn't seem so far-fetched.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Re. the Obama regime tossing Hillary under the bus, yes that's entirely likely. But the Clintons are vastly powerful and will fight back to maintain their status and Hillary's potential prez campaign.

Re. Christie switching parties, I doubt this for a couple of reasons. First, CC is a strong pro-business Republican (yes he's kissed up to the regime but otherwise he's a liberal Republican). Second, CC wouldn't be accepted by the Demo party -- he wouldn't have a cozy berth from which to start a campaign. Third, he considers himself a Republican and has been fairly caustic toward Demos in NJ. Yes, we know he's not a conservative but Christie himself thinks himself Republican and has his own internal integrity meter running.

Christie's actually fairly typical for an eastern liberal Republican -- they always seem to be a bit eccentric and very outspoken, are supporters of private business, and are socially liberal. Christie's very similar, for example, to former NY mayor Rudy Giuliani.

So no, I don't see Christie switching parties.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Christi doesn't need to switch parties to win a nomination for president. He is EXACTLY what the GOP wants to run, as displayed by the last five presidential candidates. The GOP doesn't even pretend to be conservative in national elections.

My prediction: Christie will run for and likely get, the Republican nomination. Hillary will be president, because libertarians and conservatives will stay home. Again.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That sounds like the GOP concerning presidential candidates.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Clinton wins POTUS.....G&A members move off planet in a ship built by rednecks...designed by Tennmike....grow Orchids...drink Port....and get left the hell alone......Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    I see Obama as the President in Mars Attacks.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I see Obama as the President in Mars Attacks.....

Let 'em come...... I got Slim Whitman.......
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    We need a better phrase for expressing betrayal than "thrown under the bus", because the visual of H.C. under a bus is so pleasing that it distracts me from thinking serious about this topic.

Thrown to the wolves? Nope. Not any better.

Sold down the river? No. Still smilin'.

Thirty pieces of silver? Cheap at twice the price.

Judas Kiss? Use all the tongue you want.

Stabbed in the back? YOU GO, BRUTUS!

Given the shaft? No. . .that was Bill's thing.

I'm just hoping the Repubes come up with somebody who makes the SOCIAL conservatives think about staying home, or at least quibble for a spell over the lesser of two evils. Those candidates may appeal to a large Republican base, but they tend to nauseate a lot of the middle - who you can't win an election without.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Here's mine.

Chris Christie will switch parties and run in the democratic presidential primary in order to become the democratic nominee for president. After last year's shameful suck up display to obama that hurt Romney, as well as some moderate/liberal stances he has taken, I think he knows he hasn't got a chance of getting the republican nomination.

This will probably hinge, though, on how badly Hillary is damaged over Benghazigate. In a recent press conference, Jay Carney hinted that the administration might just put this all on her, and it certainly won't be the first time that obama has thrown an ally under the bus.

What do you think? Is there any possibility of this happening, or am I just imagining things?

What about your own predictions?

I too was sickened by Christie's Obsequious behavior and what you predict doesn't sound too far fetched. However, I'm not sure what will come of Hillary yet. I agree Obummer would throw her and anyone else under the bus that would get him off the hook. He needs a lesson from Harry Truman about where the Buck stops. I think Benghazi will turn into something big, and there's a good chance Obummer will suffer from it. Another point is that if Obummer keeps pushing gun legislation like he is, he will hurt his party in the legislature. The average American has seen the light on gun control. If you don't believe this, look on Yahoo and other internet sites in the comments on this subject. Gun rights people outnumber gun grabbers about 10 to 1, at least that's what it looks like from those who comment. I don't think this is because the antis aren't commenting because they comment on everything else.

One thing I believe is that by 2016 election time, I think the country will have had enough of the liberal Democrats for about 20 years and the mood of the country will flip over. I've been watching this for about 50 years and it seems that the fickle public will flip and flop through the years. The average American isn't politically savy enough to really know what's best for the country so they go by feel, not thought. Thinking with your heart is not smart.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,677 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    I'm just hoping the Repubes come up with somebody who makes the SOCIAL conservatives think about staying home...
    Yes, PLEASE! This is why we've been stuck with the Dems...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,112 Senior Member
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    Clinton wins POTUS.....G&A members move off planet in a ship built by rednecks...designed by Tennmike....grow Orchids...drink Port....and get left the hell alone......Ken

It just so happens that I know a place.............2 islands, not far away from each other, in the north are white sandy beaches, excellent fishing both salt and fresh water, and a mild climate, in the south are mountains full of Deer, Tahr, Chamois, Geese and ski fields. The people are pleasant, have few vices ( There are plenty of good looking sheep..........er .........girls to go round) gun ownership is not under attack (much), The government is conservative ( at the moment)........Did I mention the women outnumber the guys by 2 to 1..........The downside is that our nearest neighbours are descended from thieves and sheep stealers but they will always watch your back if there is strife, despite the fact that we regularly beat them at Rugby.

Heck, we even have electricity and running water now...............

Edited to add: Hell, if enough of the members move here we could elect Wambli for President.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    .........Christie's very similar, for example, to former NY mayor Rudy Giuliani.......
    I don't see this as entirely accurate. Juliani is pro-life, pro-gun and would never kiss up to Ovomit like Christie did.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    It just so happens that I know a place.............2 islands, not far away from each other, in the north are white sandy beaches, excellent fishing both salt and fresh water, and a mild climate, in the south are mountains full of Deer, Tahr, Chamois, Geese and ski fields. The people are pleasant, have few vices ( There are plenty of good looking sheep..........er .........girls to go round) gun ownership is not under attack (much), The government is conservative ( at the moment)........Did I mention the women outnumber the guys by 2 to 1..........The downside is that our nearest neighbours are descended from thieves and sheep stealers but they will always watch your back if there is strife, despite the fact that we regularly beat them at Rugby.

Edited to add: Hell, if enough of the members move here we could elect Wambli for President.

Hmmmmm...an exodus.....can I bring my horse?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    ........My prediction: Christie will run for and likely get, the Republican nomination. Hillary will be president, because libertarians and conservatives will stay home. Again.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That sounds like the GOP concerning presidential candidates.
    That pretty much sums up my feelings about it. If Christie or someone like him wins the primary I won't stay home, but I will avoid checking off the box for President.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    I think we're one POTUS election away from the third American revolutionary war. The government is already too big for it's britches, and growing by leaps and bounds. The breaking point is approaching. We've swung so far left that I can't see it swinging back to the right; like a ship floundering in high seas there reaches a point when the waves overcome the ship's ability to right itself and the ship just rolls over and sinks.

If Christie runs against Clinton, Clinton will win. She has the 'bread and circuses' base and they outnumber the 'work for your daily bread' base. We're running out of other people's money; no, we've already run out of other people's money and are using debt to run the country. The house of cards will eventually collapse from runaway inflation from printing worthless paper money(past history of Germany, Italy, and Greece), and then the 'bread and circuses' crowd will go wild. It will be interesting times.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    orchidman wrote: »

It's tempting but no thanks. If that happens I'm going to the Philippines, find me 3 or 4 Magandang Babais and go hide in a cave.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I think we're one POTUS election away from the third American revolutionary war.

:uhm:

Wikipedia;
    'A second (or third, or fourth) American revolution was conceived early on as attainable via the Article V Convention'
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I don't see this as entirely accurate. Juliani is pro-life, pro-gun and would never kiss up to Ovomit like Christie did.

Agree they're not identical, Rudy being more conservative. But I was just saying that, in general, successful east-coast Republicans have a particular makeup and that Christie fits that pattern, mostly. He will therefore get lots of liberal Republican votes plus a good percent of Demos, too.

The question here isn't whether Christie is an ideal Republican (he isn't) but whether he'd switch to Demo. I say no way. He clearly thinks of himself as a Rep and I cannot imagine the Dems accepting him if he did switch.

I'm frankly happy to have Christie in the big tent (he needs a big tent, ha ha, keep those jokes coming till his tummy-belt thingie gets results), and I think he's a great campaigner and fund raiser for the party overall. If I had to choose between him and a Democrat, I'd have to pick the somewhat less liberal Christie rather than any Demo, I suppose. Anyway...

"but can't think of anyone off hand who would fit that description other than possibly Rand and I just don't see him winning."

Yeah but you Dems don't recognize a good one when you see one. That's why we have what we have. There's plenty of good solid conservatives out there. And they aren't necessarily white either. I still think the pendulum is about to swing the other way.
    shush wrote: »
    :uhm:

Wikipedia;
    'A second (or third, or fourth) American revolution was conceived early on as attainable via the Article V Convention'

There was the first one with the Revolutionary war when we broke away from England.
    I count the Late Unpleasantness(Civil War) as the second when the South attempted to break away and form their own government.
    This upcoming one will be the Third Revolutionary war in which large blocks of the country will separate from the central government with the attending extreme violence necessary to accomplish it.
    ― Douglas Adams

Pro gun?

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Rudy_Giuliani_Gun_Control.htm
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

tennmike wrote: »
    .....I count the Late Unpleasantness(Civil War) as the second when the South attempted to break away and form their own government.

I thought it may have been something to do with the war between the states, just checking. :up:

In this 'separation from the central government' do you envisage any northern states opting to amalgamate with Canada?
    Do you see the Revolutionary States aligning with each other?
    A loose Confederation e.g. the Deutscher Bund after the 1814 Congress of Vienna.

PS.

What of the Southern states and there big lawless friend to the south?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Christie is the candidate the liberals are choosing for us, just like they did with McCain and Romney.

Hopefully, a conservative/libertarian revolution will occur, and avoid or postpone that revolution that tennmike is predicting. Of course, all of this is irrelevant if Dems win the mid-terms...we could easily have Obama, for life, especially if one of the non-leftie Supremes kicks the bucket.
    I thought it may have been something to do with the war between the states, just checking. :up:

In this 'separation from the central government' do you envisage any northern states opting to amalgamate with Canada?
    A loose Confederation e.g. the Deutscher Bund after the 1814 Congress of Vienna.

PS.

I see a Western Alliance (AZ, NV, ID, MT, WY, maybe the Dakotas). This group will have to take CA, or OR, or WA . Coastal access is mandatory.

There will also be a Southern Alliance. I see Texas being the central focus.

Will these two allign with each other?

Adam J. McCleod

bisley wrote: »
    ...we could easily have Obama, for life,

Crown Prince Obama!!!! :applause:

bth_KingOnThrone.gif

Think of it, free phones for life! :wink:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    As the GOV of NJ, what exactly was he supposed to do when Obammy visited his state after Sandy? Spit on him? He put politics aside and did his job getting federal aid for his state. The greeting embrace was disgusting enough, I reckon. Protocol has to/should be followed when POTUS visits, like it or not. If nothing else, respect for the office of president.

He said or I read last week all Obammy's promises with aid for his state were met.

I like him well enough, but he is a little left of the right wing center and I don't agree with all his politics, especially on the 2A.

Between him and Hillary, oh hell yes he would get my vote.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

PS.

Don't see any states going with Canada. It would be silly to throw off one government they don't like for one that isn't aligned with their vision of freedom.

The North Eastern states would be a big block. They are too unlike the rest of the country to align with any other block. There would be the Southern block with maybe one or two extra who would join that block. The rest would be a hard one to draw out. I can see how California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and maybe Colorado would be in the same block.

By 'big lawless friend to the south' do you mean Cuba? If so, the Southern block would normalize relations with them, introduce free commerce with them, and put in place a thriving commerce that no dictator could stand a snowball's chance in hell of staying in power. Once a majority of a population starts to make money and move up economically, they won't stand for a dictator making waves. Give the Cuban people a chance with freedom and a good dose of capitalism and I believe they'd hit the ground running and put a dictator out of business.

If you mean Mexico, then the border would be a lot different than it is now. Lots less foolishness going on. Drug cartels get too frisky and they'd get the short end of the stick in a hurry.
    ― Douglas Adams
    If the country breaks up as you see it Alpha, I see it breaking up and re-uniting along ideological lines rather than geographically. In fact I can see a majority of states that are now red uniting and the blue states would unite and be outnumbered. I also see great pilgrimages of conservative gun and freedom loving people from blue state areas to the red ones and maybe a smaller number of liberals going from red to blue state areas. There may not be much violence except for a few people being strung up for their liberal views, in which case I would be seriously considering my political thinking and opinions.
    I see a Western Alliance (AZ, NV, ID, MT, WY, maybe the Dakotas). This group will have to take CA, or OR, or WA . Coastal access is mandatory.

There will also be a Southern Alliance. I see Texas being the central focus.

Will these two allign with each other?

What number of states would be left in-house or Loyalists as were?
    What number of states would be left in-house or Loyalists as were?

As tennmike stated, the northwest states would be a block. CA, OR, and WA will likely try to allign with the northwest. This is be the Loyalists. Colorado will try to join this group, but I think Denver will be burned to the ground, leaving the rest of the population wanting to join the Western Alliance.

Adam J. McCleod

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 567 Senior Member
    As tennmike stated, the northwest states would be a block. CA, OR, and WA will likely try to allign with the northwest. This is be the Loyalists. Colorado will try to join this group, but I think Denver will be burned to the ground, leaving the rest of the population wanting to join the Western Alliance.

The east side of Oregon and Washington would separate and have noting to do with the west. I can promise that. Oregon and Washington are states seriously divided.