Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Far out political predictions

2»

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    N454casull wrote: »
    The east side of Oregon and Washington would separate and have noting to do with the west. I can promise that. Oregon and Washington are states seriously divided.

Yeah, I know. I live in Idaho and work in E. Washington. The Cascades will likely be the border.

Possibly the same with California along the Sierras.

The more I think about it, the smaller the real estate becomes for the Loyalists. I wonder where all those coastal urbanites will get their food?
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I wonder where all those coastal urbanites will get their food?

At the grocery store, just like now. Duh-uh! :jester:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Hmmmm. If these quotes are accurate, I guess Giuliani is not as pro-gun as I thought. It just goes to show, all the times I saw him on TV I never heard him make an anti-gun statement, so I just assumed he was pro-gun.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,188 Senior Member
    Just as a practical matter, if Christie really wants to campaign for the Presidency, he'd better lose a ton of weight. Belt-tightening notwithstanding, I saw a side shot of him on TV the other night, and he's huge! He's beyond fat; he's beyond morbidly obese. He's GOT to have Phase 2 adult-onset diabetes; he's GOT to have high blood pressure. Add the high stress of campaigning, and he's cruising for a bruising on health issues, plus I'm convinced he'll end up in the hospital sooner or later if he really commits to running. Presumably he already knows this; maybe he's counting on losing enough weight by 2015 to turn his health situation around. He's certainly got his work cut out for him.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,934 Senior Member
    Just as a practical matter, if Christie really wants to campaign for the Presidency, he'd better lose a ton of weight. Belt-tightening notwithstanding, I saw a side shot of him on TV the other night, and he's huge! He's beyond fat; he's beyond morbidly obese. He's GOT to have Phase 2 adult-onset diabetes; he's GOT to have high blood pressure. Add the high stress of campaigning, and he's cruising for a bruising on health issues, plus I'm convinced he'll end up in the hospital sooner or later if he really commits to running. Presumably he already knows this; maybe he's counting on losing enough weight by 2015 to turn his health situation around. He's certainly got his work cut out for him.

He's recently had stomach stapling surgery and has already lost 40 lbs. That's one of the reasons that pundits think he's tuning up for a presidential run.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Same place they do now. Farmers have to sell their products somewhere. Also a lot of the Midwest will be more closely aligned with New England than the west or south. Plus CA and a lot of NY are still agricultural powerhouses.

I'm sure there will be friendly trade after the split. :roll:

You are confusing the city dwellers in the midwest, NY, and CA with the ruralites. The population concentration is in the cities, but the real estate lies in the remainder of the state.

If there was an actual division within the states, California agriculture would break away from the SF and LA dominated politics. The urbanites would have two choices. Let them go or force them to stay.

I do not think this will be a peaceful event. The Fed has too much debt. They will demand the secession states pay their share. The Federal blackmail game will begin, the states will stop sending tax revenue, and Revolution III will begin. The liberal press will villify the secession states to the rest of the world.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    As the GOV of NJ, what exactly was he supposed to do when Obammy visited his state after Sandy? Spit on him? He put politics aside and did his job getting federal aid for his state. The greeting embrace was disgusting enough, I reckon. Protocol has to/should be followed when POTUS visits, like it or not. If nothing else, respect for the office of president.

He said or I read last week all Obammy's promises with aid for his state were met.

I like him well enough, but he is a little left of the right wing center and I don't agree with all his politics, especially on the 2A.

Between him and Hillary, oh hell yes he would get my vote.

I agree with everything you posted.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Gov'nr lard arse can go piss up a rope. I don't care how he acted in front of dear leader, it's his tyrannical leanings that bug me. A Republican nomination for him is a 3rd party vote from me, and a great number of other citizens who have had enough of the same ol same ol.

Yup! Christie is so far to the left of me it would be like voting for Lenin or Stalin. Ain't gonna pull a lever for him, and definitely not for a Dem. Third party for sure if he and Hillary are on the ticket opposing each other.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    Back when Kansas was a Territory, the Eastern Border was where it currently is, next to MO....but the western border was the summit of the Rocky Mountains....maybe we should just go ahead and seize Denver as we return the Great Plains to the original boundaries....wouldn't be much of a job to run all the trouble-makers either east or west, whichever is closer...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Back when Kansas was a Territory, the Eastern Border was where it currently is, next to MO....but the western border was the summit of the Rocky Mountains....maybe we should just go ahead and seize Denver as we return the Great Plains to the original boundaries....wouldn't be much of a job to run all the trouble-makers either east or west, whichever is closer...

I like the way you think, and I'm sure you'll have some help from many of us now residing in Commierado.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

There's always Gastric Bypass surgery hey Vic!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    He's recently had stomach stapling surgery and has already lost 40 lbs. That's one of the reasons that pundits think he's tuning up for a presidential run.

Man! Stomach Stapling? That's ancient history. Nobody gets that anymore. Either Lap Band, the Sleeve, or Gastric Bypass is the way to go. Vic and I know, we're veterans.
    Almost everyone I know that had those staples done had problems. Mainly the staples pull out.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Man! Stomach Stapling? That's ancient history. Nobody gets that anymore. Either Lap Band, the Sleeve, or Gastric Bypass is the way to go. Vic and I know, we're veterans.
    Almost everyone I know that had those staples done had problems. Mainly the staples pull out.

This was the procedure he got.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!