CA police beat man to death then confiscate video from witnesses

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,728 Senior Member
I'm waiting for citizens to put a stop to this crap.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/13/local/la-me-0514-kern-beating-20130514
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    This is sickening.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Don't sound Kosher, but you guys ain't defending the Cops this time as SOME of you were when one shot a naked unarmed college student?

I hope it is throughly investigated and any wrongdoers are charged and prosecuted to the max!!!!!!!

Oh, I don't mean to stir the pot...:devil::tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    This one isn't a case of a 1-on-1 confrontation with a drug-crazed violent offender who has already attacked other people. It's a beatdown by a bunch of JBT's on a defenseless mental case. If the accusations are true, one solution to the problem would have been an M1-A from a couple of hundred yards away and a 20-round magazine.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I was taught long, long ago that the first rule of baton use was no blows to the head, neck, major joints, or the rib cage. Doing so would have caused charges to be brought against the one doing so, and the UCMJ was quite specific on the charges and punishment. And if the person had died from the blow(s), murder charges would be forthcoming. No ifs, ands, buts, or kiss my grits.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

What did this guy do to get beat to death? Were the cops "Threatened".... Was it s Rodney King type beatdown that went too far? Too little out on it right now. Is the cell phone/witnesses video available now?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Naked dude who attacked people and was making threatening advances at a single cop and multiple cops hitting a guy in the head while he is on the ground is two different things.
    :agree: :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,728 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    This one isn't a case of a 1-on-1 confrontation with a drug-crazed violent offender who has already attacked other people. It's a beatdown by a bunch of JBT's on a defenseless mental case. If the accusations are true, one solution to the problem would have been an M1-A from a couple of hundred yards away and a 20-round magazine.
    Jerry

This^ is what I was thinking. Although 10-20 feet would be WAY more satisfying.

Ayn Rand
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,853 Senior Member
    What the hell is it with California Cops? I mean Rodney King may or may not have been a sleeze ball but this is insane. Now this guy and how many countless more?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,853 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Don't sound Kosher, but you guys ain't defending the Cops this time as SOME of you were when one shot a naked unarmed college student?

I hope it is throughly investigated and any wrongdoers are charged and prosecuted to the max!!!!!!!

Oh, I don't mean to stir the pot...:devil::tooth:

You didn't stir the pot, it was prestirred when this was posted. The article was stirring enough.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I'm sure they will come back with a reason like he punched one of them or was "Resisting" was "Combative", but then again there is lot of unanswered questions still out there. He is dead, so he can't vouch for his actions.

Once a few years ago in Tampa, a woman calls 911 and says she needs help with her son who has mental issues and please don't hurt him. Cops get there and he answers the door with a BBQ fork in hand...so they shot him dead! They could have clubbed him, pepper sprayed or tased or heaven forbid tackled him, but shootin is the quick way, I reckon. Seems they are a lot quicker to pull the trigger and hope the benefit of the doubt given to LEOs sees them through the investigation that follows. It usually does go in their favor.
    Do the police have the right to confiscate personal property like cell phones with videos? Usually they can if the object is evidence to a crime. Then what was the crime....them beating this guy to death? Seems like they were trying to confiscate the phones to either hide evidence or use it in their own trials for murder.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • GuardrailGuardrail New Member Posts: 26 New Member
    Every video, picture, file and call log on my phone is automatically saved in multiple places online as a backup. That video would be viral by now, if I had taken it.

Guardrail
    In any other situation, if eight men were beating a prone man to death with clubs and stealing video at gunpoint; they would be arrested, charged with murder, and tried accordingly.

If eight men with badges do this exact same act, they are following procedure and free to kill the next person. These are government sanctioned gangsters.

We often speak of tyranny within government. This is a prime example. These thugs need to hang. Anything less is a travesty of justice.

Ayn Rand
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    What did this guy do to get beat to death? Were the cops "Threatened".... Was it s Rodney King type beatdown that went too far? Too little out on it right now. Is the cell phone/witnesses video available now?

These are the valid questions. Problem is, nobody starts filming at the initial query, or when a subject mouths off, or before the first blow is thrown. Nope, they only hit "record" after things get exciting and sensational. Good, bad, or neutral, the end result is we get to see the touchdown without the benefit of seeing the kickoff to give it context.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    These are the valid questions. Problem is, nobody starts filming at the initial query, or when a subject mouths off, or before the first blow is thrown. Nope, they only hit "record" after things get exciting and sensational. Good, bad, or neutral, the end result is we get to see the touchdown without the benefit of seeing the kickoff to give it context.

:that:
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,126 Senior Member
    "......to give it context." Wait. What? Give it context? 8 on 1? Perp (?) prone on ground? Perp being clubbed while prone? Perp now dead?

Context?

That's gonna be a tough sell to a jury, I hope. Assuming, of course, that it ever gets to a jury.....
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,386 Senior Member
    California LE thinking is not like real life. I have a good friend that has been sitting in jail for the last year accused of murder for shooting the instigator in a beating that he and his wife were undergoing (six on him and four on his pregnant wife). Investigators came in with the idea that he was guilty and that was that.
    When they kill someone there is always a good reason but if you are protecting your family you are over reacting.
    Because he is ex-military they consider him a flight risk DA said he has the means to leave the country.
    rberglof wrote: »
    California LE thinking is not like real life. I have a good friend that has been sitting in jail for the last year accused of murder for shooting the instigator in a beating that he and his wife were undergoing (six on him and four on his pregnant wife). Investigators came in with the idea that he was guilty and that was that.
    When they kill someone there is always a good reason but if you are protecting your family you are over reacting.
    Because he is ex-military they consider him a flight risk DA said he has the means to leave the country.

The law sure gets it head screwed on backwards at times.
    rberglof wrote: »
    California LE thinking is not like real life................
    I wonder if California Progresso-liberalism filters into the mentality of the cops. They seem awfully fascist-acting at times.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Bigslug wrote: »

How will we ever know when the video started if the cops threaten to arrest the witness and then steal the devices?

Ayn Rand
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    What the hell is it with California Cops? I mean Rodney King may or may not have been a sleeze ball but this is insane. Now this guy and how many countless more?

This is hardly a California thing. This type of behavior is rearing it's ugly head all over.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    "......to give it context." Wait. What? Give it context? 8 on 1? Perp (?) prone on ground? Perp being clubbed while prone? Perp now dead?

Context?

That's gonna be a tough sell to a jury, I hope. Assuming, of course, that it ever gets to a jury.....

No context necessary. 8 officers could have subdued him, handcuffed him, and taken him to wherever. Instead, he was clubbed to the ground screaming for help, and they continued the beating until they beat him to death. I see 8 counts of premeditated murder.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    LE does not use the same rule book as regular folks.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.