Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Random thoughts concerning dear leader (aka president Dumbo) and the current scandals

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,074 Senior Member
He's either the most dishonest/corrupt president in my lifetime and knew about, had a hand in or issued orders for "fast & Furious", the Benghazi cover-up, the IRS "attack" on conservative groups and the illegal seizure of phone records and is lying to try and cover his "assets" about them
OR
He is the most inept president of my lifetime and the thugs he has put in the position of power are running amuck right under his nose (or ears in his case) and he's to dumb to see it.

(For the record LBJ was the President when I was born)

Your thoughts?
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Change the OR to AND
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    It's both. He's placed a huge gang of crooks in the government to do what he should be taking care of, and they are doing what crooks do; breaking the law and hoping to not get caught. Well, they got caught, and like a big herd of cats using the same litter box, they can't get their mess covered up without uncovering someone else's steaming pile. Depending on how all the hearings come out, he could be as impotent politically for the rest of his term as a steer is in a herd.

He's got that herd of people taking care of things he should be managing, and when they hose it up, he uses them to place the blame. He's the most lazy and useless manager possible. And when the worthless manager is the POTUS, nothing good will come of it. He'd find a way to screw up a one cow, one bull cattle ranch.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Will someone explain to me why he has a 50 percent approval rating. I guess there are than many stupid people of the polls seek out the most stupid to ask. Oblivits media domination has caused the dummy's that feel its true if they saw it on TV or the Internet. Makes me crazy. :down: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,074 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Will someone explain to me why he has a 50 percent approval rating. I guess there are than many stupid people of the polls seek out the most stupid to ask. Oblivits media domination has caused the dummy's that feel its true if they saw it on TV or the Internet. Makes me crazy. :down: Later,
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Because over 50% of the people in this country have a sub-par IQ.
    I sort of disagree with Wambli, I'm not sure "Sub-par IQ" really covers it. The fact is, over 50% of the voting public has figured out they can vote themselves either "raises" or "pay cuts". Given those choices, what are most people of "normal intelligence" going to choose?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Okay smookie, even if he gets a pass on the phone records, still leaves the other 3. How ya plan on making THEM Bush's fault? :roll:
    Oh wait, you CAN'T, guess ol bat ears OWNS those.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Okay smookie, even if he gets a pass on the phone records, still leaves the other 3. How ya plan on making THEM Bush's fault? :roll:

Beat me to it!! I was just going to ask when will it stop being Mr. Bush's fault? It has been over 4 years since he departed office.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Beat me to it!! I was just going to ask when will it stop being Mr. Bush's fault? It has been over 4 years since he departed office.

I'm with alpha on this. When PA I & II were passed; the crowd here cheered for it. Those of us that tried to explain that this presidential power grab will bite us in the butt, the cheerleaders called us a bunch of bleeding heart liberals. I remember individuals that explained to me that "it only applies to oversees." Or worse, "if you haven't got anything to hide, why worry about it".

Now that Obama is wielding the EXACT same power, it is somehow politically corrupt.

Did Bush and the republican congress really think the PA would NEVER be abused?
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Smookie, PLEASE re-read the original post.
    Either bat ears had a hand in, or at least KNEW what was going on and is the most corrupt, or he honestly didn't have a clue and is the most inept. Can't be neither or both, so pick one per scandal and own it.
    You know how I handle your normal attempts at deflection, I ignore them and take you to task on the topic at hand, NOT the one you're hoping to deflect it too.

Calli, please re-read post #8.
    We've moved on past the PA, please try and keep up :roll:

No smookie, we aren't turning this thread into a bashing of the PA, you're intelligent enough to know what I meant, yet you're trying your damnedest to take it out of context and re-direct this thread into something less damming to ol' bat ears.
    Re-direct....... FAIL

edited to add:
    BTW, still waiting for your "It's not his fault" defense for ol bat ears concerning the other 3 scandals

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Calli, please re-read post #8.
    We've moved on past the PA, please try and keep up :roll:

Sorry, I forgot the first rule of republicanism: It's always ok if a republican passes it or does it. The same exact act is despicable if a democrat does it.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Nice of you to edit it in after the fact :roll:

CaliFFL wrote: »
    Sorry, I forgot the first rule of republicanism: It's always ok if a republican passes it or does it. The same exact act is despicable if a democrat does it.
    Since you apparently STILL haven't read post # 8, here it is AGAIN
    Notice, due to the PA, he got a "pass" on the phone records deal.

See, we've moved on, how hard is that to understand???

The patriot act doesn't have a dammed thing to do with the other three scandals that mookie's working his hardest to gloss over

I edited for spelling and a repeated word? Really?
    How many different ways are you going to try and deflect the gist of this thread from the untenable position you find yourself in?

It used to be fun to come in here and debate topics with you, but you've turned into a cheap street magician who's only trick is trying to draw our attention away from the real event :roll:
    Guess when "your man" has stepped into so much sheep dip, that's the only hope you've got left

Who's doing the deflecting now Paul? You've made 5 posts since I answered your original topic and not one addresses my answer.
    Ain't deflecting a damned thing, I stated MY position when I started this thread.

Another nice try though, but yet another FAIL

And didn't have to go back and edit it in

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    OK, the PA may allow the phone records, but there was a reason the AP folks were upset beacuse they did it without doing something else...what was that..I forgot??????

Also, a Fox reporters ID badge was tracked and other stuff while looking for the "Leak" The reporters are saying the leaker/source has always been rooted out, but not the reporters who claim 1A violations???????

I smell a rat.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    All I have to say is Nixon didn't have anything on Obummer!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,187 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Because over 50% of the people in this country have a sub-par IQ.

And because the "takers" now outnumber the givers. Over 50% of the people now think no further than, "Which prez will give me more free stuff?" and vote accordingly.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Oh you mean you guys thought those powers would only be used against foreign Muslims?

He's right. In fact, he's exactly right. This isn't the first time the Congress and/or the electorate has given away rights and powers in the name of national security or public safety (common sense regs, you understand) only to see those self-same powers subsequently shoved up the digestive tract termini of the people at large. This isn't the first time, nor is it likely to be the last.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I think the three scandals are more a problem of having the wrong people in positions of power.

Obama personally gets the blame, that's fine. That's the way it works. Presidents get the credit for the good times and take the blame for the bad, regardless of their influence.

But.... I think Obama's failing is more an issue of him being a piss poor leader, rather than an evil overlord. I believe he was just comfortable with F&F, for example and then had no idea how to handle the fallout when it became public.

Benghazi? He had no idea WHAT to do. He's proven yet again that he is a man of reaction, not planning and circumvention. He has flunkies to fall on their swords for this kind of thing.

But the thing that troubles me the most, and I hate to say it, but its the ever expanding use of the denial of our civil liberties, and as CaliFFL correctly pointed out, I was one of the cheerleaders who backed Bush's push for the Patriot Act.

I was myopic on that issue, and now the camel is busy pushing the rest of his body under the tent.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    It's both. He's placed a huge gang of crooks in the government to do what he should be taking care of, and they are doing what crooks do; breaking the law and hoping to not get caught. Well, they got caught, and like a big herd of cats using the same litter box, they can't get their mess covered up without uncovering someone else's steaming pile. Depending on how all the hearings come out, he could be as impotent politically for the rest of his term as a steer is in a herd.

He's got that herd of people taking care of things he should be managing, and when they hose it up, he uses them to place the blame. He's the most lazy and useless manager possible. And when the worthless manager is the POTUS, nothing good will come of it. He'd find a way to screw up a one cow, one bull cattle ranch.

Agreed.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »

Billy, I think you already know the answer to this. Because the masses are so low on information they wouldn't know Hitler from Jesus.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    The Left has finally gotten us where they want us. They have screwed up the educational system in this country so bad that this generation of kids coming up are so full of PC CRAP they wouldn't know right from wrong if it hit them in the head. And the media has put everybody to sleep. If you keep telling people the same lies over and over, they begin to believe them. They have propagandized the American people and we believe it. They have put us all to sleep!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    But the thing that troubles me the most, and I hate to say it, but its the ever expanding use of the denial of our civil liberties, and as CaliFFL correctly pointed out, I was one of the cheerleaders who backed Bush's push for the Patriot Act.

Don't feel too bad about it. Who would have guessed that one election could completely corrupt the entire executive branch, or that a person with absolutely no loyalty to the Constitution or the traditions that built this country, could ever be elected? I should have known better - I was floored when we elected a draft dodger (Clinton), but I was in total shock when we elected a union organizer who was telling us every day how he was going to transform our country into France, or maybe even a banana republic.

I was not a 'cheerleader' for the PA, but I did passively support some of the parts of it that had expiration dates, and I did mostly trust the Bush administration not to abuse it. Compared to now, I still believe that they didn't, although in retrospect, some bad precedents probably were set. Honestly, I feared what it could do, but didn't believe it would do great harm, before it expired. I was wrong about that.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Here is an interesting article: Is Obama Toast? Told Spec Ops to STAND DOWN!
    "In what unfortunately would not be a shock to anybody but the most idiotic American, there is rumor that Obama ordered Spec Ops leaders to stand down or be relieved of command."
    http://theblacksphere.net/2013/05/is-obama-toast-told-spec-ops-to-stand-down/

Could it be that, (Obama and Hillary) could not afford to have Stevens live as he could blow the whistle on what he was doing?

Here is another article that follows the above article.
    http://godfatherpolitics.com/10951/what-the-benghazi-cover-up-is-really-all-about/
    Now all we need is the whistle blowers to come forward and confirm.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 476 Member
    I would like to think that one half of Paul's scenario is spot on, and that O is just inept. Incompetent. A piss poor manager that would lose his job if this kind of stuff occurred while managing a Mac & D's. Or a paper route. Or a lemonade stand. But this is a lot more sinister.

These thugs pulled the phone records of a Fox News guy's parents? WTH?

Alpha, how do you NOT connect the dots in some rational, non-spin, O-apologetic way? Look at the entire body of work. Blame Bush all you want, but this crap didn't occur daily until O took office.

And to those who might suggest the GOP is just a bunch of obstructionists, I say Thank God for obstructionists. What would happen if someone didn't shine a light on these thugs? Good Lord, I don't wanna know.
    I sort of disagree with Wambli, I'm not sure "Sub-par IQ" really covers it. The fact is, over 50% of the voting public has figured out they can vote themselves either "raises" or "pay cuts". Given those choices, what are most people of "normal intelligence" going to choose?

Raises or pay cuts: I like it. I LIKE IT!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

I was myopic on that issue, and now the camel is busy pushing the rest of his body under the tent.

Don't go feeling like the Lone Ranger....:silly:

I was right there with you. Hurts to think about it now....
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    Well, those of you who were behind Bush in '01, you did not have me with you. I thought anything called "Patriot Act" could only be lipstick on a pig. Homeland Security? Sounds too German to me. And...another layer of bureaucrats? 911 was 13 Saudis and a couple of Pakistanis, so we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq--the country the USSR couldn't tame and the one with the only secular government in the Muslim world. Saddam was brutal, and 12 years later we see that less than brutal gets no respect in that region.

I once considered "W" the worst president in history (and btw he was a draft dodger too, as his daddy got him into an air reserve unit that only flew obsolete aircraft, so he would have no chance to go to Vietnam). He was the worst until Obama. The damage Obama has done by expanding the welfare class in this country is so bad as to be irreversible by anything short of revolution. The big giveaway has got to end or our nation will be bankrupt in our children's lifetime. The riots in Greece and Spain will look like picnics when 150 million 3rd generation freeloaders get their free food, free cell phones, and luxury housing stopped in the US. And that's a big reason why those of us who have worked for what we have need to be prepared with sufficient arms. We are the enemy to Obama and his millions of oppressed (aka LAZY) constituents.

Republicans as obstructionists? From what I've seen happen in DC, obstruction is the best thing that could happen. I can't think of a law in the last 4+ years that hasn't just taken away from our future to give a favor to someone's friend today. Rant over.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand