Random thoughts concerning dear leader (aka president Dumbo) and the current scandals

2»

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    It's both. He's placed a huge gang of crooks in the government to do what he should be taking care of, and they are doing what crooks do; breaking the law and hoping to not get caught. Well, they got caught, and like a big herd of cats using the same litter box, they can't get their mess covered up without uncovering someone else's steaming pile. Depending on how all the hearings come out, he could be as impotent politically for the rest of his term as a steer is in a herd.

He's got that herd of people taking care of things he should be managing, and when they hose it up, he uses them to place the blame. He's the most lazy and useless manager possible. And when the worthless manager is the POTUS, nothing good will come of it. He'd find a way to screw up a one cow, one bull cattle ranch.

Agreed.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Will someone explain to me why he has a 50 percent approval rating. I guess there are than many stupid people of the polls seek out the most stupid to ask. Oblivits media domination has caused the dummy's that feel its true if they saw it on TV or the Internet. Makes me crazy. :down: Later,

Billy, I think you already know the answer to this. Because the masses are so low on information they wouldn't know Hitler from Jesus.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    The Left has finally gotten us where they want us. They have screwed up the educational system in this country so bad that this generation of kids coming up are so full of PC CRAP they wouldn't know right from wrong if it hit them in the head. And the media has put everybody to sleep. If you keep telling people the same lies over and over, they begin to believe them. They have propagandized the American people and we believe it. They have put us all to sleep!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,552 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    But the thing that troubles me the most, and I hate to say it, but its the ever expanding use of the denial of our civil liberties, and as CaliFFL correctly pointed out, I was one of the cheerleaders who backed Bush's push for the Patriot Act.

Don't feel too bad about it. Who would have guessed that one election could completely corrupt the entire executive branch, or that a person with absolutely no loyalty to the Constitution or the traditions that built this country, could ever be elected? I should have known better - I was floored when we elected a draft dodger (Clinton), but I was in total shock when we elected a union organizer who was telling us every day how he was going to transform our country into France, or maybe even a banana republic.

I was not a 'cheerleader' for the PA, but I did passively support some of the parts of it that had expiration dates, and I did mostly trust the Bush administration not to abuse it. Compared to now, I still believe that they didn't, although in retrospect, some bad precedents probably were set. Honestly, I feared what it could do, but didn't believe it would do great harm, before it expired. I was wrong about that.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    Here is an interesting article: Is Obama Toast? Told Spec Ops to STAND DOWN!
    "In what unfortunately would not be a shock to anybody but the most idiotic American, there is rumor that Obama ordered Spec Ops leaders to stand down or be relieved of command."
    http://theblacksphere.net/2013/05/is-obama-toast-told-spec-ops-to-stand-down/

Could it be that, (Obama and Hillary) could not afford to have Stevens live as he could blow the whistle on what he was doing?

Here is another article that follows the above article.
    http://godfatherpolitics.com/10951/what-the-benghazi-cover-up-is-really-all-about/
    Now all we need is the whistle blowers to come forward and confirm.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 403 Member
    I would like to think that one half of Paul's scenario is spot on, and that O is just inept. Incompetent. A piss poor manager that would lose his job if this kind of stuff occurred while managing a Mac & D's. Or a paper route. Or a lemonade stand. But this is a lot more sinister.

These thugs pulled the phone records of a Fox News guy's parents? WTH?

Alpha, how do you NOT connect the dots in some rational, non-spin, O-apologetic way? Look at the entire body of work. Blame Bush all you want, but this crap didn't occur daily until O took office.

And to those who might suggest the GOP is just a bunch of obstructionists, I say Thank God for obstructionists. What would happen if someone didn't shine a light on these thugs? Good Lord, I don't wanna know.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,587 Senior Member
    bklysen wrote: »
    Alpha, how do you NOT connect the dots in some rational, non-spin, O-apologetic way? Look at the entire body of work. Blame Bush all you want, but this crap didn't occur daily until O took office.

Actually it did. I know saying bush did the same things doesn't help and sounds stale but it's true. It doesn't excuse Obama, it only shows that changing the ring leader of the circus isn't going to solve the problem.

Compared to the AP story you have this:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2006/05/fbi_acknowledge/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2006/05/federal_source_/

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=abIV0cO64zJE

http://yahoo.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-11-nsa-reax_x.htm?csp=1

Compared to Benghazi you have this:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/bush.briefing/

and this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd0nGEPnBxX82ygDmEsp0fYBesMMYcDOmpB1M4Uk7FO8czpK5c

Compared to fast and furious you had operation wide receiver (it's predecessor that was very similar but admittedly slightly less disastrous)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal#2006.E2.80.932008:_Operation_Wide_Receiver_and_other_probes

While I don't have a direct comparison for the IRS scandal Bush did have:

Iraq WMD
    Abu Ghraib and torture in general
    Scooter Libby

Of course those who hated Bush as much as you guys hate Obama kept a more complete record. This guy has a list of 400 things he considered "scandals":

http://www.netrootsmass.net/hughs-bush-scandals-list/

I'm not saying I agree with all or even most of these are scandals, those who look at things from a highly partisan perspective seem to be able to find something to complain about just about every day when a president they don't like is in power.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,119 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I sort of disagree with Wambli, I'm not sure "Sub-par IQ" really covers it. The fact is, over 50% of the voting public has figured out they can vote themselves either "raises" or "pay cuts". Given those choices, what are most people of "normal intelligence" going to choose?

Raises or pay cuts: I like it. I LIKE IT!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    But the thing that troubles me the most, and I hate to say it, but its the ever expanding use of the denial of our civil liberties, and as CaliFFL correctly pointed out, I was one of the cheerleaders who backed Bush's push for the Patriot Act.

I was myopic on that issue, and now the camel is busy pushing the rest of his body under the tent.

Don't go feeling like the Lone Ranger....:silly:

I was right there with you. Hurts to think about it now....
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    Well, those of you who were behind Bush in '01, you did not have me with you. I thought anything called "Patriot Act" could only be lipstick on a pig. Homeland Security? Sounds too German to me. And...another layer of bureaucrats? 911 was 13 Saudis and a couple of Pakistanis, so we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq--the country the USSR couldn't tame and the one with the only secular government in the Muslim world. Saddam was brutal, and 12 years later we see that less than brutal gets no respect in that region.

I once considered "W" the worst president in history (and btw he was a draft dodger too, as his daddy got him into an air reserve unit that only flew obsolete aircraft, so he would have no chance to go to Vietnam). He was the worst until Obama. The damage Obama has done by expanding the welfare class in this country is so bad as to be irreversible by anything short of revolution. The big giveaway has got to end or our nation will be bankrupt in our children's lifetime. The riots in Greece and Spain will look like picnics when 150 million 3rd generation freeloaders get their free food, free cell phones, and luxury housing stopped in the US. And that's a big reason why those of us who have worked for what we have need to be prepared with sufficient arms. We are the enemy to Obama and his millions of oppressed (aka LAZY) constituents.

Republicans as obstructionists? From what I've seen happen in DC, obstruction is the best thing that could happen. I can't think of a law in the last 4+ years that hasn't just taken away from our future to give a favor to someone's friend today. Rant over.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Because over 50% of the people in this country have a sub-par IQ.

Now Now Bro Wambli! The PC way to say that is that 50% of the voters of this country are of the Low Information Persuasion!!!:rotflmao: :roll2: :rotflmao:
    snake284 wrote: »
    Now Now Bro Wambli! The PC way to say that is that 50% of the voters of this country are of the Low Information Persuasion!!!:rotflmao: :roll2: :rotflmao:
    Yeah, but they're also of the WELFARE persuasion, so no matter how hard you try to inform them, they're not going to vote for someone who says we have to cut entitlements. You take away their free ObamaPhone, then how are they going to talk on the phone while they're in the supermarket buying Tide with food stamps so they can sell it in the parking lot for alcohol and drug money?

50% of the population has nothing without the government, so what do they care that they're destroying the future! They just want their free stuff.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
    bowserb wrote: »
    Yeah, but they're also of the WELFARE persuasion, so no matter how hard you try to inform them, they're not going to vote for someone who says we have to cut entitlements. You take away their free ObamaPhone, then how are they going to talk on the phone while they're in the supermarket buying Tide with food stamps so they can sell it in the parking lot for alcohol and drug money?

50% of the population has nothing without the government, so what do they care that they're destroying the future! They just want their free stuff.

In my opinion you're only partially right. The Welfare and druggy crowd don't make up enough votes to put someone in the White House. There's plenty of working people that helped and even middle class and a few white collar types that contributed to putting this administration in power. Those are the Real low information people I'm talking about. They are the ones that should be spanked for not paying attention in school when the lessons of history and economics were being taught. That's the low information I'm talkin about.
    I think the three scandals are more a problem of having the wrong people in positions of power.

Obama personally gets the blame, that's fine. That's the way it works. Presidents get the credit for the good times and take the blame for the bad, regardless of their influence.

But.... I think Obama's failing is more an issue of him being a piss poor leader, rather than an evil overlord. I believe he was just comfortable with F&F, for example and then had no idea how to handle the fallout when it became public.

Benghazi? He had no idea WHAT to do. He's proven yet again that he is a man of reaction, not planning and circumvention. He has flunkies to fall on their swords for this kind of thing.

I was myopic on that issue, and now the camel is busy pushing the rest of his body under the tent.

The Patriot Act worked ok under the Bush administration because they didn't abuse their power. But the Libtard crowd doesn't respect rights or the Constitution so then it became dangerous.
  • 2manyhobbies2manyhobbies Member Posts: 49 Member
    NO birth certificate, wife n kids spend millions on lavish vacations, he has insulted every true American in the nation...
    Yeah +1 and Eisenhower was in office when I was a kid....
    NO birth certificate, wife n kids spend millions on lavish vacations, he has insulted every true American in the nation...
    Yeah +1 and Eisenhower was in office when I was a kid....
    Well...he's at least insulted the 50% of Americans who work and pay taxes. As to the rest, he hasn't insulted them, he's paid them (with our money and our children's and grandchildren's money). I was a kid when Ike was president. Who'd have believed then, that America would one day be what it is now! Our last great accomplishment--the moon landings--was a project well underway before the beginning of the Great Society, which was also the beginning of the end of America.
2»