54 Colorado Sheriffs- - - - - -

Fat BillyFat Billy Senior MemberPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
Majority of Cololado Sheriffs file suit against new state gun laws. These laws broaden back ground checks and restrict magazine size. Their position is that the bills passed would be impossible to enforce. They don't have much money to fight the law. I'm hoping that they can collect contributions to help the cause. I guess the suit will stop the laws for a bit. LEOs stand up! Go Boys!:guns: Later,
Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,476 Senior Member
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,657 Senior Member
    Magpul's backing them as well. This was posted on their FB page ~ 7 hours ago
    This went out on the wire this morning, and we thought we'd share it with you here:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES LAWSUIT TO INVALIDATE COLORADO GUN CONTROL MEASURES

Denver, Colorado – May 17th, 2013 - Magpul Industries, an Erie, Colorado, based manufacturer of firearms accessories, announced today that it has joined 53 Colorado County Sheriffs and other plaintiffs in filing a lawsuit this morning to invalidate gun control measures recently passed by the Colorado legislature and enacted by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court and establishes that Colorado House Bill 1224 (magazine restrictions) and House Bill 1229 (universal background checks) violate the constitutional rights of lawful gun owners located in Colorado.

Duane Liptak, Director of Product Management and Marketing for Magpul Industries, said that these gun control laws do nothing other than restrict the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves and Magpul is committed to invalidating these infringements:

“Colorado’s recently passed gun control laws are a direct assault on the constitutional rights of the responsible people who live in and visit this great state. These laws will do nothing to enhance public safety and only place unreasonable limitations on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves. While Magpul is currently in the process of moving its operations out of Colorado, we will not turn our back on our native state. Extreme gun control interests have forced the passage of these unconstitutional laws in Colorado, and as a company, we are resolved to restore those rights to the people.”

Magpul’s outside legal counsel, Jon Anderson, of Holland & Hart LLP, said that the Colorado gun control bills are unconstitutional and so poorly drafted that the new laws would be enforced in an inconsistent manner:

“Colorado’s gun control laws are in direct conflict with the U.S. Constitution. In addition, these bills were so poorly drafted that no one agrees on the scope of the government regulation. If teams of lawyers cannot agree on what these bills prohibit, how can we expect citizens to abide by these laws and how can we rely on law enforcement to implement these laws in a consistent manner?”

Magpul will continue to support productive efforts to FREE COLORADO from government regulations that imperil the rights of law abiding firearm owners.
    https://www.facebook.com/magpul?hc_location=timeline
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    I wish them the best of luck because they are going to need it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Oh man I was getting real worried for a second reading that list!! Figured my country Sheriff was turning out to be another Lib crony bending to pressure from above. But then I saw his name last on the list! Unfortunately I don't see the Jefferson Co sheriff's name on there. Probably scared for his job, that county, which houses a LARGE amount of the metro voting public, is very liberal. Boulder Co is obvious, as well as Denver Co.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,423 Senior Member
    My sheriff, Terry Maketa of El Paso County, isn't just recently on the bandwagon. When he was first elected, (around 2004) after the election, he stated that his favorite part of his job was signing CHP's for law-abiding citizens.

I'll be voting for him for any office for which he chooses to run. Hopefully, someday he'll be governor of this steadily-screwing-up state.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Saw that on the new the other day.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    Tell the legislature to go pound sand! They have joined together to file a federal lawsuit challenging Colorado's doofus gun bans. This sort of reminds me about Andrew Jackson's comment: "The Supreme Court has ruled- - - -now let them enforce their ruling!" He simply ignored a SCOTUS decision, and they could do nothing whatsoever about it!

http://news.yahoo.com/not-going-tolerate-colo-sheriffs-unite-block-unenforceable-000215118.html

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    :applause::usa:
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,657 Senior Member
    About a week late on this one Jerry
    http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?14167-Colorado-Sheriffs-file-suit

As you can see in this thread, Magpul has also joined in the suit
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.