They'll just take it away from you and use it against you

DeanCDeanC MemberPosts: 156 Member
Another one - HA!
Man Wrestles Gun Away From Gunman in Mpls. Home Invasion

A man was able to chase off a gunman who tried to break into a Minneapolis condo building Sunday afternoon.

Police say a masked man entered the lobby of the Sexton Lofts on South Seventh Street and told a man and woman to get on the ground. They say the gunman shot the woman in the leg.

The man then got into a scuffle with the intruder. Police say he was able to wrestle the gun away and then shot at the intruder as he ran from the scene.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,029 Senior Member
    Did they catch the guy?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    If he took the gun from the intruder and shot him as he ran away , I'm surprised he's not facing attempted murder charges.
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    If he took the gun from the intruder and shot him as he ran away , I'm surprised he's not facing attempted murder charges.

The DA's probably just haven't caught wind yet
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »

Perhaps if he sings the jury the song, "it was the heat of the moment" he will be acquitted.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    And the bad guy will only bet attempted armed robbery......do 6 months in jail and be released on probation!!!!!
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    Hondo wrote: »
    And the bad guy will only bet attempted armed robbery......do 6 months in jail and be released on probation!!!!!

Bad guy shot woman in leg. Add some assault charges.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Hondo wrote: »

Plea to aggravated assault, time served, two months and out the door, probation.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996