Home Main Category Clubhouse

Another Memorial Day post

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberVirginiaPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
As I wrote on another board, please do not wish me a "Happy Memorial Day." Today is not about being happy, it is about paying well-deserved respects to our brothers and sisters who have paid the ultimate price in defense of this Nation, whether overseas or on our own borders.

While we may indulge in "day off" things like cookouts and parties, all I ask is to be mindful of why we are able to.
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    I've traveled probably over 20 blocks in downtown Colorado Springs this morning, and our house is the only one I've seen displaying the American flag. You'd think with Ft. Carson, Peterson AFB, Schriever AFB, Cheyanne Mountain, and the Air Force Academy almost within rock-throwing distance of downtown, it'd be different.

I appreciate the day off, but I appreciate the sacrifices of others much, much more......For me also, it's not a "happy" holiday.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    I think this song sums up the feeling of Memorial Day
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock