Only Three Times

Fat BillyFat Billy Senior MemberPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
Since the end of WWII the President of these United States has visited the D Day Memorial on Memorial Day except for three times. The 3 missed were 2011, 2012, 2013. Musta been something important Huh? :deadhorse: Later,
Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.

Replies

• FL180FL180 Member Posts: 58 Member
    I am not a supporter or fan of President Obama or his administration to say the least, but this isn't true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/dday.asp

Happy Memorial Day!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,842 Senior Member
    Even if this were true, so what? What rule says a president must follow the traditions of his predecessors? IMO, the president should be spending his Memorial Day with the families of vets that died in the current conflicts. He should honor the men and women that died under HIS watch.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    I was speaking of the Memormial in Normandy.
    Fat Billy

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,099 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    I was speaking of the Memormial in Normandy.

Gotta side with Cali on this one. You can get irritated by his not visiting Normandy, but why not Chateau Thierry, or Gettysburg, or the deck of the Constitution, or Valley Forge? Or just stay in the White House because it was the site of a U.S. military defeat - taken and burned by the British in 1814? Or go the other way with the Chosin Reservoir, Khe Sahn, Kuwait, Fallujah, or Bagram?

Gotta say, with the blood we've spilled across the centuries and around the world, the one-stop-shop of Arlington is the most appropriate. We have plenty of things with which to call attention to Obama's toolishness - this is not one of them.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Um, it isn't true though.....
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,099 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Um, it isn't true though.....

And yes, there is also that.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    It was good the first time I heard it. Now it just makes Obama bashers look ignorant.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,212 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »

Gotta say, with the blood we've spilled across the centuries and around the world, the one-stop-shop of Arlington is the most appropriate. We have plenty of things with which to call attention to Obama's toolishness - this is not one of them.

This... :that:

It would seem that June 6 would be the best time to visit Normandy....

Obama is a screw-up of monumental proportions, plenty of room for criticism without making stuff up....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Since the end of WWII the President of these United States has visited the D Day Memorial on Memorial Day except for three times. The 3 missed were 2011, 2012, 2013. Musta been something important Huh? :deadhorse: Later,
    I always thought the President visited Arlington and laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns on Memorial Day. Which he did this year.

As has been mentioned, the D-Day Memorial in Normandy hasn't been visited by other Presidents, but that's on June 6. Today's May 27.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Bad initial info Sorry! :fan: Later,
    Fat Billy

• softwarejanitorsoftwarejanitor Member Posts: 241 Member
    There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be upset with Obama, we don't need to go making things up or repeating made up ones.