Home Main Category Clubhouse

Fisherman dies as increasingly aggressive beavers attack people in Belarus

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
There is an old joke about some beaver having teeth :tooth:, but dang these wild beavers are aggressive. Of course, I wouldn't want my pic taken with either kind. :yikes::yikes:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/29/fisherman-dies-as-increasingly-aggressive-beavers-attack-people-in-belarus/?test=latestnews

"The fisherman wanted his photo shot with a beaver. The beaver had other ideas: It attacked the 60-year-old man with razor-sharp teeth, slicing an artery and causing him to bleed to death.

It was the most serious in a string of beaver attacks on humans in Belarus, as the rodents have turned increasingly aggressive when confronted by humans after wandering near homes, shops and schools".

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/29/fisherman-dies-as-increasingly-aggressive-beavers-attack-people-in-belarus/?test=latestnews#ixzz2Ufwi2nzS
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    dam beavers anyway...
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,436 Senior Member
    Don't pet the beaver.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Last time I pet a beaver it caused over 20 years of pain. :punch: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,436 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    TWSS

I have no clue what this means, please inbox me.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Sometimes being stupid can be both painful and deadly. He tried to grab the beaver without the beaver's permission. Not very smart on his part.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    This is just another example of what comes from lessening our moral standards in today's society...

According to the man's "friends" all he wanted to do was to take innocent photos with this beaver. We know where this leads: "C'mon, it's just a joke" or "I promise I'll delete the pics and won't put them on the internet" or "Other beavers are doing it". Same as the older trick "Hey, little beaver, wanna ride in my nice panel truck and have some free candy?"

This Furry trend has gone far enough. And I'm not saying that the beaver is totally blameless. I'd at least recommend counseling: "Have you always felt like you were a beaver, even though you're told by society that you're a muskrat?" or "It's okay to be a beaver if you want to be one, but you can't lash out at un-believe-bers either". (rimshot!)

I also place some blame on Justin Beaver (or Bieber, or however he spells his name). Not that he had anything to do with this directly, but he's got to bear some responsibility for the current rage of anti-beaver sentiment sweeping through fringe society. And yeah, I know he keeps telling us to "Leave it to Bieber" but that's just not enough.

And it's just not responsible for us to say "Oh, well, they do things like that in Belarus." because today Belarus, tomorrow the world! Society demands action now!
    tennmike wrote: »
    Sometimes being stupid can be both painful and deadly. He tried to grab the beaver without the beaver's permission. Not very smart on his part.

Did you originally mean to say that he tried to grab the beaver's part without permission and put it on his part?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Did you originally mean to say that he tried to grab the beaver's part without permission and put it on his part?

No. The whole beaver is a beaver, or any part thereof. So technically he was grabbing the beaver in the naughty parts no matter what bits he grabbed.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,863 Senior Member
    In all the years I've played with beavers, I never had one bite me.
    :wink:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Sam, you do realize the "Furry" trend is just a passing fad egged on by the movie "Paul" right?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Anything I say here will surely get me banned lol.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,617 Senior Member
    In a sick way, I hope this turns into another epic beaver thread....the last one had me in stitches....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    Sometimes you get the beaver, sometimes the beaver gets you....

Bleeding to death isn't a pretty way to go, but at least it didn't gnaw his wood!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »

I'm not even going to click on that. I know what it is, and I hate you.
    Sam, you do realize the "Furry" trend is just a passing fad egged on by the movie "Paul" right?

Anyone remember the very first "furry" occurrence? It was a Monty Python skit where guys dressed up as mice, ate cheese, squeaked at each other. The skit was presented as if they were, oh, something like S&M perverts or whatever. And that was about 45 years ago. Shows you how prescient MP was.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,753 Senior Member
    The Oregon State Beavers are vicious. I hear they grind on the Trojans every time they play.:tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee