Home Main Category Clubhouse

Wish me luck

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
OK, today I am submitting my application for membership in a highly-desired private shooting club in my area. The wait list is at least a year, and the application fee ain't cheap, but this will be my self-birthday gift for next year.

The club has skeet and trap ranges, rifle ranges, pistol ranges, a silhouette range, and hosts competitive events regularly.

I've wanted to join this club for 30 years, and am finally in a position to do so. I've got the sponsors and the credentials, so please wish me luck.
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,210 Senior Member
    Rots o ruck Rarry (channeling my inner scoobie doo)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Rank roo!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,866 Senior Member
    Sounds like you will get the membership.
    Happy for you!
    I just feel blessed I do not have to go through all of that to have nice places to shoot.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Tell me about it. Here in the east, fine outdoor ranges are few, far between, and expensive...

And Thanks!

NRA Endowment Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    Hope it works out
    Thanks Ned!

NRA Endowment Member
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Good luck bro.

I guess it was them that called asking if I knew you and could vouch for you. It freaked me out at first, I thought they were the police and they were looking for me. Anyhow, I told them all about how you were the shining star of the family, having all your teeth and all. That and for marring outside of the family. I referred them to Buffy for any further questions....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,697 Senior Member
    Best of Luck to Ya. Hope you get your wish!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Good luck! And once you're a member of an elite shooting club, please don't forget us little peeples.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Absorutery! I can bring guests, so anytime anyone is in town, consider it a date!

NRA Endowment Member
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hey, I've got a shooting range, awesome cooks, and a very exclusive membership list- - - -and the admission is free. We only meet once a year, but private visits during hunting season can be arranged!
    :guns:
    Jerry
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    Good luck. Though I don't think you'll need it. You are a fine outstanding member of th community

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    LM, what you need to do more than anything is not let the club bigwigs know that you hang around people like us on the G&A forum. Your application will be spiked in a heartbeat.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 783 Senior Member
    Best of luck to you, though I'm sure you'll do fine.
    Good luck! I'm pretty sure I know which one you're talking about and their initiation fee and dues are crazy (think Les Baer for for the first year and a RIA every year after that!)!

From a selfish perspective though I did notice they have monthly IDPA shoots so I may have to start attending those rather than driving out to Annapolis. It also looks like they have a range that goes to 300yds so maybe my good buddy Larry will be generous enough to invite me along sometime when I'm getting the itch to stretch our my rifles a bit (my range only goes to 100yds)

:applause: :wink:

NRA Endowment Member
    Chris, you know that NRA and Silver Eagle both hosts IDPA matches, right?

NRA Endowment Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,238 Senior Member
    I wonder how they feel about furriners that talk funny.................

Hope you get accepted............................if you do, does that mean you cant take cheap guns along like Savages?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,780 Senior Member
    Good luck. They'd laugh at me if I applied.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    orchidman wrote: »
    I wonder how they feel about furriners that talk funny.................

Hope you get accepted............................if you do, does that mean you cant take cheap guns along like Savages?

Hey, I wouldn't own a Savage if it was the last gun on earth! What do you take me for?

NRA Endowment Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,780 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    True but, would you want to be a part of a group that would have you as a member?

It would definitely say something about their lack of standards and morals.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    If this is what you want, good luck. Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,210 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Rank roo!

For luck
    IMG_6574_zps207f7db7.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,210 Senior Member
    Personally I think you're a shoo-in! I've shot there as a guest several times, and that
    place is seriously cool. Go for it!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."