The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,735 Senior Member
    All we can do is deal with heat and humidity well, and bych about it.  I have to do the lawn this afternoon. Had an eye doc appointment this morning and got my eyes dilated, so another half hour before being in the sun. Hope it doesnt rain first currently 90F and feels like 97
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,965 Senior Member
    Some shade and a breeze is what made 85 degrees at 8000 feet doable this week.

Not sure what I would do with 90% humidity!! 😱
    You would sweat. My FR uniform gets soggy about 10 minutes after leaving the AC and just stays at least soggy. A lot of times it is just soaked through with sweat. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,038 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:
    Clean is home and being nice. Doing well.
    Great news Ned. Did they put a new pacemaker in?
    No, just started a med that is only started during a hospital stay.

Thanks, again everyone, for the well wishes.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,419 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:
    Clean is home and being nice. Doing well.
    Great news Ned. Did they put a new pacemaker in?
    No, just started a med that is only started during a hospital stay.

Thanks, again everyone, for the well wishes.
    I think I know what is. Once in TX a different cardiologist I went to for a second opinion gave me prescription for it and I looked it up. Said only start using under medical/hospital supervision for a few days. I didn't take it. Was alone at the time, anyway.    
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    edited June 16 #30426
    Hey El Rey Network is playing Decent 2, I musta missed part 1.

That is a good thing, I think.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,003 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Officially on vacation through Sunday. Heading to Convict lake in the AM. I’ll take a picture or 2, but there is no cell service there. I like going places with no internet and no cell service. 

Have fun, I like Convict lake.
    Are you staying put there or doing some sightseeing.
    We took a drive to Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite one day. Made it home last night. Wiped out today. I'll try to get some pics up later.
    Haven't been to Yosemite in about 15 years. Last time we were up that way went to Mammoth, June Lake loop, Bodie (for the third time) and ended at Bridgeport and a drive down the walker river. Been known to take side trip to Hawthorn Nevada and do a little gambling.
    Have also been to the http://mammothjazzfest.org/

Well crap, that musta been Decent #1 I was watching...............now I'm watching #2 ................
    So bad I gotta watch it.................
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,292 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Bodie (for the third time)...
    Haven't been to Bodie since 1975 - its my understanding that you can no longer camp on the outskirts of town?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,003 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    rberglof said:
    Bodie (for the third time)...
    Haven't been to Bodie since 1975 - its my understanding that you can no longer camp on the outskirts of town?
    Don't remember seeing anyplace to camp last time I was there.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,016 Senior Member
    Got my new weather center thingy the kids got me installed today. Right now 0 wind, humidity 69%, temp 99 and heat index 118 and we just got through with another truck load of mulch. We some crazy folks.
    Must be summer-----don't need to use hot water to take a shower.
    I have a need for speed
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,524 Senior Member
    Got my new weather center thingy the kids got me installed today. Right now 0 wind, humidity 69%, temp 99 and heat index 118 and we just got through with another truck load of mulch. We some crazy folks.
    What kind is it? I've been wanting one.
    Just got back from a really nice performance! Had music issues, so while those were being sorted out, several drummers started drumming and I started dancing! When that was over, they had the music figured out and I did that performance too!

The whole venue/situation reminds me of the club I used to dance at in Monterey years back.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    RugerFan said:
    What kind is it? I've been wanting one.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,524 Senior Member
    Thanks!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    Now the ads for the governors race here have background music.

I don't have background music.

I don't think I want background music.

What if I had background music and it didn't match my background?

What if an opponents background music can have more audio volume than someone elses background music and drown it out?

Is it better to use music already recorded or compose an orchestrated score?

Drum roll?

👂

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,990 Senior Member
    The hot & sticky is a tough combo .....at 18 it wasn't so bad but now it makes me think of shade & AC any time it gets over 80.
    I did manage at 6 am to get my lift gate controller repaired & found the blown fuse & unloaded my truck full of treasures all before it hit 80. It is AC for me until I go have lunch with dad & my brother.

New computer speakers/amplifier thing. Logitech with a sub-woofer. The old one was Altec-Lansing - very similar setup. But it had developed a noisy transistor - well, probably noisy op-amp - and was driving me nuts. The new Logitech doesn't have quite the power the Altec-Lansing did, but its still plenty for the application. It also isn't as boomy as the old one, which is a welcome change. I like strong bass, but not gangsta-rap strong!

10 o'clock this morning.

10 o'clock this morning.

cord on it, must mean it plugs into a wall socket----much better that batteries, hey.
    I have a need for speed
    Just had our first EVER gun safety talk with our granddaughter. I think a small amount got through - we'll be doing it again...

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,955 Senior Member
    10 o'clock this morning.

😱
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 421 Member
    Law of Probability: 
    If a woman can take a comment the wrong way, she will. It WOULD be worth it IF she could at least cook.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,658 Senior Member
    Law of Probability: 
    If a woman can take a comment the wrong way, she will. It WOULD be worth it IF she could at least cook.
    With Uber, everything edible can be delivered. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    Yes sir Mr. Ned. The inside part plugs in and has back up batteries. It's supposed to keep up with everything for a year and the batteries are for power outages. This part outside however only takes 4 double A batteries. Don't know how that will work out.

Brick and mortar is dying. That's both good and bad I suppose. I need a wood filler product that is NOT the Dap "Plastic Wood" that *EVERYBODY* sells. I don't like it for the same reason a lot of online reviewers don't like it - VERY hard to work with, doesn't stick well, and dries WAAAAAY too fast. I normally like Dap products, but they can keep this one!

So fine, I go looking for something that might be better. Found several possibilities. Wanted to buy tomorrow at Ace or Homeless Despot. THEY DON'T STOCK ANY OF THEM. You have to order it and wait a week.

Whatever, I finally bought one of them on eBay - since I gotta wait anyway...

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 421 Member
    zorba said:
    Brick and mortar is dying. That's both good and bad I suppose. I need a wood filler product that is NOT the Dap "Plastic Wood" that *EVERYBODY* sells. I don't like it for the same reason a lot of online reviewers don't like it - VERY hard to work with, doesn't stick well, and dries WAAAAAY too fast. I normally like Dap products, but they can keep this one!

So fine, I go looking for something that might be better. Found several possibilities. Wanted to buy tomorrow at Ace or Homeless Despot. THEY DON'T STOCK ANY OF THEM. You have to order it and wait a week.

Whatever, I finally bought one of them on eBay - since I gotta wait anyway...

Durham’s Rockhard Water Putty. It has a multitude of uses.
    I took a long hard look at Durham's - and it might be "the thing". I was concerned about sand-ability. I don't want to sand away wood trying to sand the putty.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,658 Senior Member
    Famowood. Be done. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee