The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,135 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s cemetery in the back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I really felt bad about being so late and apologized to the men. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I’d never played before, for this homeless man.

And as I played ‘Amazing Grace,’ the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I’d finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, “I never seen nothing like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

Thanks Zorba .......I will be chuckling abut that all day now ! Nice way to start my day .
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,174 Senior Member
    My mom used to tell me “you’ll pay for your raising.”
    Come on, mom! I wasn’t THAT BAD! 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,355 Senior Member
    Big Chief or others, I have been buying some 22 ammo to restock now that I can find it again but I have been getting it locally. I got an email today from a place I buy my sks ammo and the have Winchester super x for 5.2 cents delivered. This seems like a pretty good deal. I have also noticed that since my boys are living on their own it takes a lot less 22 ammo than it did before. 
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,355 Senior Member
    cpj said:

I find that hard to believe. 
    cpj said:

I find that hard to believe. 
    You ever lived in a house with three women? Which means one if not all of them are either on their period, or have PMS. 
    Like I said. I wasn’t THAT bad. 
    Zee
    Raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Good, because we REALLY need it. Bad, because today is mowing day. It’s just now letting up, and more is coming behind it. Pretty sure I’ll skip today.  Which is cool, I’ve beem cleaning the garage. Gonna try and fix the trimmer Big Chief gave me. Not going back original, as the RCBS Design was HORRIBLE at best. The TINY switch they used wasn’t meant for the stress it puts on it. I found the original switch, for a little over one dollar. Probably cost $20 to ship. No matter, a reclaimed toggle switch will work fine. Had to drill out the rivets holding the thing together. Seems they didn’t want anyone seeing how it was made.  
    Now to find the shelll plates and what nots that I put somewhere that I wouldn’t lose them....
    Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,097 Senior Member
    It seems to me that the absolute quickest way to lose something is to attempt to put it someplace where you won't lose it.  Throw it over your shoulder and walk away without looking back and it will constantly be in the way & underfoot. Carefully set it someplace where it couldn't possibly go missing, it immediately disappears! 😡
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Found them. Under a pile on the “work” bench. I need some connectors to use this switch. By the time I purchase connectors, I’m within a buck of a brand new switch...not one that’s been reclaimed. So I’ll just grab a new one. 
    Zee
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,080 Senior Member
    Susan is in the kitchen whipping up some Tacos Al Pastor for supper. So naturally...it's margarita time!!!

I love me some Al Pastor. I had Al Pastor tacos for lunch yesterday AAMOF. 
    The Patron Silver margarita made an amazing pairing!
    I don’t think the boss would be impressed with me for having a margarita with lunch at work. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,187 Senior Member
    Bands of thunderstorms have been moving through all day. Got 1 1/4 inches so far for today's total. Sure is making the grass grow!  Yard is gonna need another haircut this coming week.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,207 Senior Member
    Send some this way... PLEASE

Had 2 days worth of severe storms forecast, we got a 2 minute sprinkle. If I hadn't walked outside and saw a few drops on my truck's windshield, I'd have never known.

Currently 92° with a heat index of 103° with near 60% humidity...
    "Air you can wear"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

We’ve got 74% humidity, but the temp is only 74. Taint bad at all. Mowed one yard, three I drove by didn’t need it. Didn’t bother going by the others. Hopefully they will green back up. Although I SERIOUSLY doubt it. 
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,504 Senior Member
    I mowed half the back yard today and got too hot so I quit 
    This message has been deleted
    We're getting a real noisy rain storm
    71° and 84% humidity after the rain that finally stopped. With that kind of humidity I expect to see fish swimming past the windows.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,550 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I was. :dizzy:

We dodged all the storms and rain so far this weekend. Got my first ripe tomato off off my vine today.
  • GilaGila Posts: 600 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    71° and 84% humidity after the rain that finally stopped. With that kind of humidity I expect to see fish swimming past the windows.
    What's humidity?    BTW, it was only 104° here today...

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,135 Senior Member
    It has been really nice the the last couple days so I took 1 off to do nothing but relax.
    Tonight the storms & heat are on the way back. I have a busy work week so it really doesn't matter.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,631 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Good, because we REALLY need it. Bad, because today is mowing day. It’s just now letting up, and more is coming behind it. Pretty sure I’ll skip today.  Which is cool, I’ve beem cleaning the garage. Gonna try and fix the trimmer Big Chief gave me. Not going back original, as the RCBS Design was HORRIBLE at best. The TINY switch they used wasn’t meant for the stress it puts on it. I found the original switch, for a little over one dollar. Probably cost $20 to ship. No matter, a reclaimed toggle switch will work fine. Had to drill out the rivets holding the thing together. Seems they didn’t want anyone seeing how it was made.  
    Now to find the shelll plates and what nots that I put somewhere that I wouldn’t lose them....
    That's why I just used a circuit beaker/surge protector with a rocker switch I just turned on and off when I used it.

Once I had it set to trim a certain caliber of brass, I hated to change it and mostly left it set for .223/5.56 trimming.

My new model has a universal shell holder chuck instead of having to get one for every caliber.
    However, both kinds will have the occasional "Spinners" where the brass spins and you have to keep reinserting it until it stops or you can't trim it.

Not cheap, but a great time and step saver is those carbide cutters that have a case deburring and chamfer built in which does it at the same time it trims.  

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,631 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,550 Senior Member
    Finally got on . Was getting this message for awhile.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,959 Senior Member
    Oh boy, our granddaughter was bouncing off the walls yesterday! Got into everything, even managed to spill my navel jewelry all over the floor! She knows better than to mess with Pop-Pop's jewelry, but she was "in a mood" yesterday!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Changing oil in the generator - 1st time I've done it. Somebody put the drain plug (which is on the end of a little rubber hose) on SUPER tight - took vice grips and a 11/16" socket to get it off. Vice grips to hold the other side of the fitting so it wouldn't pivot.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,080 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Oh boy, our granddaughter was bouncing off the walls yesterday! Got into everything, even managed to spill my navel jewelry all over the floor! She knows better than to mess with Pop-Pop's jewelry, but she was "in a mood" yesterday!
    Maybe she just wants to be as pretty as you when she grows up. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    zorba said:
    What type of jelly does one put in their navel, and why? It couldn't be good for jewelry polishing if you put it in your navel!!!???????? :p

zorba said:
    Maybe she just wants to be as pretty as you when she grows up. 
    I think she does. She did nothing but talk about wanting to watch me put on my makeup for a recent performance!

Finally got on . Was getting this message for awhile.

You got that because your special
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Susan is in the kitchen whipping up some Tacos Al Pastor for supper. So naturally...it's margarita time!!!

I love me some Al Pastor. I had Al Pastor tacos for lunch yesterday AAMOF. 
    The Patron Silver margarita made an amazing pairing!
    I don’t think the boss would be impressed with me for having a margarita with lunch at work. 
    No...me thinks not
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    My darn leg, which has been bothering me all day, is now REALLY bothering me after yoga and dance classes.

I'm takin' 'er easy tomorrow, its Zorba's day of beauty: Hair and pedi. No eyebrows, they're not due yet.

Big Chief said:
    Those are pricey, considering I’d need 6-8 of them! I’ve got a Lyman chamfer tool thing, hand cranked. I’ll Mount it to the board I mount the rcbs to. May actually have a way to make it powered....
    Zee