The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• 88Glock88Glock Posts: 4 New Member
    What kind of 22s do I win?
  • GilaGila Posts: 164 Member
    88Glock said:
    Welcome to the forum!
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,011 Senior Member
    I think I know now why I like camping. If I stay home I am constantly working my arse off doing something. If I leave for a few days I can finally rest.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    At my age, I hate camping mostly because of the set up time and the packing up time involved. I like 'camping out' in a hotel room; leaves me more time for fishin' and watching the scenery on the beach!

Last time I was in the FL panhandle a few years ago I was out on the beach after dark catching bait. Sand crabs come out at night in that area. I was out there chasing sand crabs with a net in one hand and a 5 gallon bucket in the other hand. Some idiot saw me and called the cops! Cops came down to where I was at, checked out what I was doing, had a good laugh, and left.....................after noting the kind of net I was using, and the LED light on my ball cap! :smiley:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

tennmike said:
    At my age, I hate camping mostly because of the set up time and the packing up time involved. I like 'camping out' in a hotel room; leaves me more time for fishin' and watching the scenery on the beach!

Last time I was in the FL panhandle a few years ago I was out on the beach after dark catching bait. Sand crabs come out at night in that area. I was out there chasing sand crabs with a net in one hand and a 5 gallon bucket in the other hand. Some idiot saw me and called the cops! Cops came down to where I was at, checked out what I was doing, had a good laugh, and left.....................after noting the kind of net I was using, and the LED light on my ball cap! :smiley:

Oh, now if we talking the beach no I'm not camping. I'm getting a condo and just sitting on the beach checking out the scenery. Mom, dad, brothers, nieces, nephews, kids, grandkids all going to the beach this year. I can't and I'm the one that loves it the most. :(
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,285 Senior Member
    Mountains for me, if I never saw another beach in my life, it'd be 37 seconds too soon!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    zorba said:
    Mountains for me, if I never saw another beach in my life, it'd be 37 seconds too soon!

But you aren't far from them.

zorba said:

Tell me about it.

After working for 23 years in a building that was literally on a beach, working on the water and around boats and ships, and having grown up 4 miles away from the beach - actually the same one - the sea has zero attraction for me. I don't despise it or anything, I'm just "done" with it.

My wife OTOH, grew up near Chicago - so she's fascinated with it.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,608 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    zorba said:

Tell me about it.

After working for 23 years in a building that was literally on a beach, working on the water and around boats and ships, and having grown up 4 miles away from the beach - actually the same one - the sea has zero attraction for me. I don't despise it or anything, I'm just "done" with it.

My wife OTOH, grew up near Chicago - so she's fascinated with it.
    Oh the beach would be great.............. If you got rid of the people. Only females 7's to 10's allowed.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    I don't mind people, what I do mind is people's NOISE.

No less than three ghetto blasters playing within earshot when I was at the beach just yesterday. The closest one was actually playing decent enough music, but I don't want to hear ANYBODY'S music or other NOISE.

I should have been a monk...

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,414 Senior Member
    "I should have been a monk"...Zorba

And give up yer skirts fer robes?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Meh - a robe is a kind of dress.

For me, it depends on the beach. The FL Panhandle has some GREAT sugar sand beaches, and during the M-F time frame they don't have the level of Anus Chapeaus that show up on the weekends. And I won't be there during any freakin' holidays, either. I'll either be out in my Gheenoe fishin' or on the beach surf fishin'. Neither one are done around people on a 'public beach'. I do like chillaxin' in the beach hotel room sitting out on the balcony watching the 'scenery' stroll by. :smiley:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

I can see it if you're fishin' - but otherwise one beach is pretty much the same as the next.

tennmike said:
    For me, it depends on the beach. The FL Panhandle has some GREAT sugar sand beaches, and during the M-F time frame they don't have the level of Anus Chapeaus that show up on the weekends. And I won't be there during any freakin' holidays, either. I'll either be out in my Gheenoe fishin' or on the beach surf fishin'. Neither one are done around people on a 'public beach'. I do like chillaxin' in the beach hotel room sitting out on the balcony watching the 'scenery' stroll by. :smiley:

But, but..... The holidays are when there is more scenery.😁
    zorba said:
    I can see it if you're fishin' - but otherwise one beach is pretty much the same as the next.
    I've only ever found one beach I really liked.  It was in Germany on the North Sea.  Grass grew all the way down to the high tide water line, and there was no sand.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
    I've seen pix of "beaches" like that - was it near Peenemünde?

Rugged coastline, such as Big Sur and much of the west coast (and parts of Greece I've seen) is another matter entirely. I love it!

tennmike said:

But, but..... The holidays are when there is more scenery.😁
    That holiday scenery is 99% jail bait. I'll take the cougars stalking the beach! :D

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,261 Senior Member
    It's very hard to keep direct observation of one's child on a crowded beach. Sometimes its a trying time.
    zorba said:
    I've seen pix of "beaches" like that - was it near Peenemünde?

Rugged coastline, such as Big Sur and much of the west coast (and parts of Greece I've seen) is another matter entirely. I love it!
    No, Wilhelmshaven.  Peenemünde is on the Baltic Sea.
    You're right, now that I think of it...

Started on the kitchen project today. First up, an extension of an existing soffit. Of course, there's no studs where I need them - but a soffit doesn't have to be particularly strong.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,691 Senior Member
    "Antman and The Wasp" was a movie worth seeing this summer, finally 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,727 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    zorba said:
    I've only ever found one beach I really liked.  It was in Germany on the North Sea.  Grass grew all the way down to the high tide water line, and there was no sand.
    When stationed in Bremerhaven, i think i went to that beach. Freezing cold water and hard, sharp, pointy rocks on the beach. I will take any Florida beach over that
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Doesn't matter if you're not gonna get into the water...

Toggle bolts too short, switching to wing nuts and all thread...

Diver43 said:
    Gila said:
    zorba said:
    When stationed in Bremerhaven, i think i went to that beach. Freezing cold water and hard, sharp, pointy rocks on the beach. I will take any Florida beach over that
    You went to the wrong beach then if you wanted to go in the water.  The grassy beach is where we went for picnics.  There is a huge sandy beach a ways west of the tanker pier that even has an Imbuß in the middle of it.  BTW, the beach west of the Imbuß is FKK only.  I should also mention that the water there is only warm to a depth of about two feet at most in the middle of the summer.  After all it is the North Sea...
    1st soffit framing complete. It was, of course, a minor PITA to do. Wood where I didn't expect it, no wood where I needed it, NOTHING square, etc, etc. One of those "eyeball it and hope" kind of projects, 'cause it sure wouldn't look right if it were square! Sheetrock goes on next, may wait a day or so - I'd like to sneak off to the range!

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 416 Member
    zorba said:
    1st soffit framing complete. It was, of course, a minor PITA to do. Wood where I didn't expect it, no wood where I needed it, NOTHING square, etc, etc. One of those "eyeball it and hope" kind of projects, 'cause it sure wouldn't look right if it were square! Sheetrock goes on next, may wait a day or so - I'd like to sneak off to the range!
    Everything that I’ve added or repaired in our house has been that way. The previous owner was a do it yourself hack and I’m OCD. It’s difficult to put up a square wall against someone else’s crooked wall/foundation. 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,032 Senior Member
    88Glock said:
    Welcome aoard
    I have a need for speed