The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    I had forgotten how fun Ibanez guitars are to play. I've got the action pretty well set with new strings, sanded the gloss off the neck to make it smooth and slick (gloss finish is actually kinda grabby/sticky) and have a leather strap. The necks on Ibanezes are just so fun to noodle on. Now I need to get a decent amp and maybe some pedals.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    The Ibanez JS series is the coolest guitar I'll probably never buy. It definitely plays faster than I can.

You're right on the gloss necks being sticky. Ive got a custom shop start with a gloss neck. Just have not been able to bring myself to sand it or steel wool it to make it smooth.

As far as pedals go, what kind of sounds are you looking for? Are you thinking solid state or tube amp?
    My first attempt at making margaritas tonight.

2 oz Patron Silver
    1 oz Patron Citronge orange liqueur
    1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

It's good, but missing something. Agave nectar maybe?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    Pedals: either an Ibanez Tube Screamer, Wah, Chorus, and a Delay, or something like a Line 6 setup... not sure on that. Need to research that. Annoying thing is I had the Tube Screamer, a Cry Baby Wah, and a Boss RV 3. Had a cheap Danelectro chorus, but that was noisy. Anyway, I got stupid and had to sell them. Also had some old DOD pedals.

Amp: either one is fine for my uses. Line 6 is an option for that, not sure. I need a small amp: 20 watts max for home use.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Ask Chris about the sounds his Line 6 makes. He made an excellent choice, even if he does not use it. Anyway, if you have the line 6, you don't really need the pedals.

I had a Tube Screamer. One of the reissues with the original JRC4558 chip. I sold it because it was too mid heavy for me. An EXCELLENT overdrive/distortion pedal is the Fulltone OCD.

This is my current pedalboard setup
    attachment.php?attachmentid=10427&d=1502573424
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,618 Senior Member
    Amp: either one is fine for my uses. Line 6 is an option for that, not sure. I need a small amp: 20 watts max for home use.

Earl, I found that amp in the garage and it's a Crate xt10. You're welcome to it but the shipping cost is probably about what it's worth. If you come to the next SE shoot, I'll bring it or you can figure something out if you want it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Substitute Grand Marnier for the Patron Citronge for a start. Trust me on that one :tooth:

Don't so much care for the taste of Grand Marnier.

But there's no accounting for my taste, I'm thinking I want a .270
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    early wrote: »
    It's funny how many different movies and tv shows featured them during the 70's, but hardly ever now.

As ugly as them broomhandle's are, I always wanted one in my collection. Just not sure if I could find a pancake holster to carry it in though :jester:
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Axe wrote: »
    As ugly as them broomhandle's are, I always wanted one in my collection. Just not sure if I could find a pancake holster to carry it in though :jester:

Tote it with a lanyard.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    zorba wrote: »
    Looks like I bought a "Broomhandle" in 9. Film at 11.

Saw that one on Gun Stories yesterday. What an odd gun...I dig it!
    cpj wrote: »
    I don't get fancy. Get a bottle of Cuervo margarita mix, add tequila and Bobs your uncle. But I don't think I could bring myself to use Patron. That's like covering a slab of prime rib in ketchup.

Now. About this .270 idea. We need to have an intervention. We will use violence if need be.

Your the guy I wanted to talk to about that.

The 270 that is, not the margarita. Your use of Cuervo and knock on Patron have lost you all credibility on the subject.

I know a 223 bolt gun makes the most sense, but what if I want a little more juice?
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Waiting to get an oil change at Walmart. Yeah, I know. But, if they foul up they got deep pockets. Most importantly getting it done here and now stops the bitching.
    Then it's off to the deer woods to set up a camera, and have a looksee. May do a little clean up, may not.

I've had it done there on occasion. No complaints.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Ah yes, I did misunderstand, you're forgiven. But if you want to taste the tequila in your margarita, ditch the mix. If you ditch the mix, you want to use a tequila that tastes good.

Took a quick browse on AmmoSeek to look at the difference in ammo prices. Looked at 243, 270 and 308..Dang!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,839 Senior Member
    Don't so much care for the taste of Grand Marnier.

But there's no accounting for my taste, I'm thinking I want a .270

When properly mixed, Wambli is correct. Don't listen to the .270 haters, what are you going to do with it?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    When properly mixed, Wambli is correct. Don't listen to the .270 haters, what are you going to do with it?

That might be the problem, I had it on a desert.

No purpose for the rifle. Don't have a centerfire bolt gun. Birthday is next week. Hoping to rectify that. I have and AR and thousands of rounds of 223, so a 223 bolt gun makes a lot of sense. But I'm not a very practical guy, so maybe I want something different. I don't hunt, so it would be shot from a bench. I just thought it might be cool to have something with a little more reach and a little more pop.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member

No purpose for the rifle. Don't have a centerfire bolt gun. Birthday is next week. Hoping to rectify that. I have and AR and thousands of rounds of 223, so a 223 bolt gun makes a lot of sense. But I'm not a very practical guy, so maybe I want something different. I don't hunt, so it would be shot from a bench. I just thought it might be cool to have something with a little more reach and a little more pop.

Meh. There is not really a good reason to put up with extra recoil for just bench work. Go with the .223. If if just have to have more umph get the .308. There are more options and parts on a short action rifle.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen2-pa10-forged-complete-moe-ept-308-lower-with-over-molded-grip-516446483.html?trk_msg=3BI24ANFTI3KP6JTIVORTCKJHS&trk_contact=M5GMHO6TNQ4DL0FSVLB4KCC3Q0&trk_sid=TANS63MBD56GLD4I8VQK07PK9K&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fpsa-gen2-pa10-forged-complete-moe-ept-308-lower-with-over-molded-grip-516446483.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal+Email

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen2-pa10-20-rifle-length-308-win-1-10-stainless-steel-15-m-lok-upper-with-nickel-boron-bcg-and-ch-516446385.html

There were uppers that were less expensive than this one, this is only what was in stock today, around $700 with a transfer is a deal.

This is a good price on this .270, can't vouch for the stock though.https://www.cdnnsports.com/270-hm77rgh-22-mat-grn-hogue.html#.Wa17w02Wx9A
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    He's in communist CA. He'd have to register that "assault rifle".

If I already owned it, I would have to register it as an assault weapon. Can't even buy em now.
    Meh. There is not really a good reason to put up with extra recoil for just bench work. Go with the .223. If if just have to have more umph get the .308. There are more options and parts on a short action rifle.

I've been meaning to ask you how things are going with your MVP? I'm pretty happy with mine and I barely got it done and sighted for the SE shoot. I dropped a Timney trigger into it and I'm glad I did but I changed my mind about swapping the mag well. The plastic factory one seems to be fine so far. I did find that it liked 62gr bullets better than 55gr but I haven't tried 75gr bullets yet. The only issue I have with it is that it made shooting at 100yds boring.:tooth:
    I agree with the guy from Oklahoma. Ick. Can't believe I said that.

Can't argue with either of you. What you say makes sense, which is why I'll probably do the opposite. Only have a few months left to buy the ammo if I go with anything other than 223. As my momma always says, It's time to sheet or get off the pot.
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I've been meaning to ask you how things are going with your MVP? I'm pretty happy with mine and I barely got it done and sighted for the SE shoot. I dropped a Timney trigger into it and I'm glad I did but I changed my mind about swapping the mag well. The plastic factory one seems to be fine so far. I did find that it liked 62gr bullets better than 55gr but I haven't tried 75gr bullets yet. The only issue I have with it is that it made shooting at 100yds boring.:tooth:

I like it a lot. I did the Timney trigger and the Tromix mag well and trigger guard. I have gotten better accuracy with 55gr bullets so far, but I have only tried one 62gr hunting bullet. I did try 69gr SMK and those shot great, 75gr AMAX in Hornady TAP did pretty good too.
    I haven't been on the trigger enough this year to really wring out more loads. The gun itself is great, the varmit stock fits me nicely and rides the bags well.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Can't argue with either of you. What you say makes sense, which is why I'll probably do the opposite. Only have a few months left to buy the ammo if I go with anything other than 223. As my momma always says, It's time to sheet or get off the pot.

My first bench gun was a LR308. Great rifle, easy to shoot. Not what I would recommend for a first bench rifle. My first bolt gun meant for bench work was a 6.5x284, because I am a slow learner.
    I eventually got the Mossberg MVP Varmit in .223 and a Savage MKII. The 6.5, .223 and .22LR all have similar stocks, triggers and scopes. All are fed from detachable box magazines.
    I have a full set of rifles that can shoot from 10 yards to way out yonder. Unfortunately the only one I can claim to be able to use to its limits is the .22LR. Even then, better men can make me look foolish, easily.
    Dad 5-31-13
    If I already owned it, I would have to register it as an assault weapon. Can't even buy em now.

I forgot the rules where you live, sorry to dangle temptation.
    I forgot how much fun can be had with a 50 cent box of poppers. The chickens like to scratch around the fire pit and they peck at anything light colored on the ground. A cup of coffee, a box of poppers, and I'm entertained for a little while.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,331 Senior Member
    ...18 year olds on spring brake? :cuss:

That's "break" - Sam told me so! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    That's "break" - Sam told me so! :tooth:

Autocorrect strikes again! :roll2:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,507 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Autocorrect strikes again! :roll2:

Wambli is high tech............ voice to text.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,331 Senior Member
    Women!

I need to draw a plot plan to apply for a permit to install this generator. That means I need to measure things outside. So I go out with 25 foot tape measure in hand, and my wife to "assist". Talk about ADD - the heat index today is 116, and she's re-arranging the patio furniture and wanting to know about the succulents that died, and all I want to do is get the damn measurements and get back inside!

Actually, she was a big help, even measuring short sections by herself while I was jotting down the previously taken longer measurements. But keeping her focused...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    Women!

I need to draw a plot plan to apply for a permit to install this generator. That means I need to measure things outside. So I go out with 25 foot tape measure in hand, and my wife to "assist". Talk about ADD - the heat index today is 116, and she's re-arranging the patio furniture and wanting to know about the succulents that died, and all I want to do is get the damn measurements and get back inside!

Actually, she was a big help, even measuring short sections by herself while I was jotting down the previously taken longer measurements. But keeping her focused...

Clean would have dusted the patio furniture, too.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    What?!?!?!?! I can't talk to you for at least 2 hours. You are so wrong on both counts... you could substitute Cointreau if Grand Marnier is an issue but what are we? 18 year olds on spring break? :cuss:

Fixed autocorrect idiocy...

It's been 3 hours, are we friends again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro