The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Women!

I need to draw a plot plan to apply for a permit to install this generator. That means I need to measure things outside. So I go out with 25 foot tape measure in hand, and my wife to "assist". Talk about ADD - the heat index today is 116, and she's re-arranging the patio furniture and wanting to know about the succulents that died, and all I want to do is get the damn measurements and get back inside!

Actually, she was a big help, even measuring short sections by herself while I was jotting down the previously taken longer measurements. But keeping her focused...

Years ago I was paid by the hour one day to travel to various houses collecting patio furniture cushions for winter storage. During that time in my life it was a miracle of gravy train work from heaven. The person paying and instructing me was a very wealthy woman.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yes and yes :cuss:

Voice to text, huh? I bet you REALLY have to proofread when saying words like beach, breech, and breach! :rotflmao:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Can't argue with either of you. What you say makes sense, which is why I'll probably do the opposite. Only have a few months left to buy the ammo if I go with anything other than 223. As my momma always says, It's time to sheet or get off the pot.

Best buy that bolt action in .223 or .308 soon. California has about regulated the AR out of existence. Those fancy 'military grade bolt action rifles' with telescopic sights and military chambering are bound to come up on the California legislature's radar pretty soon.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,075 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Voice to text, huh? I bet you REALLY have to proofread when saying words like beach, breech, and breach! :rotflmao:
    Technology still hasn't fully usurped the place of the Mark 51 eyeball and Model 92 brain working in proper unity.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,285 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Clean would have dusted the patio furniture, too.

This one probably would have too if I hadn't said anything.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Best buy that bolt action in .223 or .308 soon. California has about regulated the AR out of existence. Those fancy 'military grade bolt action rifles' with telescopic sights and military chambering are bound to come up on the California legislature's radar pretty soon.

You mean sniper rifles? Oh yeah, every bit as evil as ARs and will be their next target.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member

Good thing he ain't harelipped , might have to censor hissef...............:yikes: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Well, that was Charlie Juliet. Dance class canceled, but not until I was halfway there - we have a key to the studio, but the entire *building* was locked. A flurry of texts ensued. That's OK, I needed to take the car out for Diesel fuel anyway...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,793 Senior Member
    As of today, I have now traveled the entire length of the Natchez Trace. We took a short vacation through the MS Delta to Natchez. Today we came.back up the Trace to just North of Jackson. I've already been from Jackson to Nashville.

While traveling through the delta we passed.within 2 miles of the plantation where the famous Teddy Roosevelt teddy bear hunt took place just after the turn of the century.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Have you ever been to Nacodoches?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Nacodoches? No...
    Overkill is underrated.
    Me either
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,502 Senior Member
    9 big oak trees on .4 acres + 2 storms this week = a 4 foot pile of branches picked up out of the yard to burn. The builder put sod 20' around the house, but the rest of the yard is going to need to be cleaned up, smoothed out, and reseeded.

21363353_1502691223143799_1523436849_o.jpg?oh=01a1f578edba95972cc980caffd41203&oe=59B01221
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,683 Senior Member

Yep
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member

In fact, yes I've driven through there.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yes, but I need you to take back the whole .270 thing...

cpj and Farm Boy Deuce talk me back off the ledge. Y'all are good at saving me from myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. When I take a trip West of the Mississippi I go Interstate highway, and then take the roads less traveled to where I'm headed. Can't see squat that is interesting from the Interstate. That's the scenic gateway route down to Sabine Pass and some great fishing!

“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Buncha unAmerican commies...

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.
    :uhm:

NRA Endowment Member
    Ran around to several Blowes and Home Despots looking for hurricane "stuff". Found enough that will "do"

:uhm:
    Folks who don't recognize a line from a John Wayne movie are unAmerican commies.
    Overkill is underrated.

I thought that's what you were referring to.
    Folks who don't recognize a line from a John Wayne movie are unAmerican commies.

Ah, OK. :up:

NRA Endowment Member
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member

'merican you say?

Gosh darn it, he was a good actor.

He sho'nuff fooled me.

I always thought he was Roman.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,511 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'm an un-American Commie. Never was a fan of the made up " hero."

But, but, but... You like Clint?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    But, but, but... You like Clint?

How can he?

Clint
    Join Date Aug 2011
    Posts 0

His he prophetic?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,511 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    How can he?

Clint
    Join Date Aug 2011
    Posts 0

His he prophetic?

Chris Pierre will explain.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    cpj wrote: »
    I'm an un-American Commie. Never was a fan of the made up " hero."
    Oh, I like the movies. Don't use him as a life reference as he's an ACTOR and I'm pretty sure most of his famous lines are scripted, but I enjoy his movies.
    Overkill is underrated.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Chris Pierre will explain.

83747958-d845-404f-acad-e5ac9ea59412.gif

Oh no! Anything but that.