The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #25382
    Old Ron said:
    It is going to get real lonely here on the net with all you guys gone playing !

Fear it not, we have lived through a few of these.

They will soon return with fresh tales of dare doings and skulduggery.

We will shake our heads in silent wonderment and very much enjoy the photographs, maybe even talking pictures, if we are lucky.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 302 Member
    talking of pictures of the shoot; the first ones should be due in 20/24 hrs.   Mr.Jerry/CPJ ??
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    After many many years of camping, Jeeping, even staying in a motel.. There is no way to get ready early and not have a lot to do the night before. I'm wore out.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 4,099 Senior Member
    The holliday weekend is off to a smashing start here. The roads are littered with wreckage and debris and the sirens now saranade the night.😒
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,932 Senior Member
    They are calling for rain tonight & a lot of heat through the weekend. It was 85 here yesterday & that is 10 above normal for here. Could be a hot summer with this starting so early in the year.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,762 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    They are calling for rain tonight & a lot of heat through the weekend. It was 85 here yesterday & that is 10 above normal for here. Could be a hot summer with this starting so early in the year.
    Well, at the moment it is torrential rain with winds gusting to 50knots. Both charters for the weekend are cancelled.
    Tides are great for an early morning duck hunt so I think I may take advantage of the crappy weather and head out onto the harbour for some fun..............Wind and rain should make the birds low and slow.........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    That would be my kinda duck .........low & slow !
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,657 Senior Member
    Gonna get a visit from Alberto this weekend............

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,882 Senior Member
    Just had my 19th "last day of school" day. Got about 9 more to go before the final one. If I survive that long.
    Congrats Ruger !
    It took me a long time to get out of the 10th grade too. lol

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,882 Senior Member
    Ha! Some days I wish I was back in school
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,537 Senior Member
    I enjoyed my school days - mostly, but I'd never willingly go  back.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,239 Senior Member
    Hated school. All of it. 
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
    Took the boy to see Deadpool 2 today. First comic book movie I liked. Not bad.

I wondered how they were gonna do Stan Lee's camio with his medical problems. Very clever. Boy missed it though.
    Almost 6AM here so heading to shop 2 before the heat hits.

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:

I am taking the day off from work. I was not able to make the shoot this year so I decided to punish myself with 11 hours in the sun. I did get Casa de Pollo ready for habitation though. 

Tomorrow if I have time after cleaning up some of my mess and doing some other chores I will wrap the sun deck in chicken wire. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    My boy and I had vanilla ice cream and carmel syrup. He put some syrup on his, than I grabbed it and smothered mine well asking him why so tight with the syrup? He looks at me with his jaw hanging open and says gimme that! and redoes his right.🍧

Gotta learn these kids everything🐒
    Old Ron said:

I am taking the day off from work. I was not able to make the shoot this year so I decided to punish myself with 11 hours in the sun. I did get Casa de Pollo ready for habitation though. 

Tomorrow if I have time after cleaning up some of my mess and doing some other chores I will wrap the sun deck in chicken wire. 
    You managed more than me & I was in the heat for 10 hours too. The last few hours I did take a lot of breaks in the shade. To help with the heat I did power wash my truck with cold water. Now that felt good.
    I didn’t build the entire thing yesterday. This has spanned most of three Saturdays, fabricobbling takes five times longer than fabrication. The bottom cage I built entirely from my scrap metal pile. The top cage was given to me by my Dad. The roof and siding tin used to be the roof on my back porch. The wood floors are leftover OSB from the new back porch. The only new materials have been screws, latches, hinges and handles. 

It kind of kept growing, until I realized I have gone full potato. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    edited May 2018 #25401
    I didn’t build the entire thing this weekend. This project has spanned most of three Saturdays. The bottom cage I built entirely from scrap pipe I had stashed behind the shop, I don’t remember now why I stashed it originally. 

The siding and roof tin tin used to be my back porch roof. The wood floors and ramps are leftover OSB from the new back porch. 

The upper cage Dad gave me, all I did was put a roof on it and a floor. 

So far the only money I have spent is on screws, latches, hinges and handles. Even the chicken wire was given to me. 

It it just kept growing, until I realized I had gone full potato. 

I will say fabricobbling takes five times longer than fabricating. I I ever have to build another one of these I will bite the bullet and buy new material. 

Huh. I thought the forum ate that previous post, so I typed it again and there the SOB is. 
    Dad 5-31-13
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member

Room for one more?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Congrats Ruger !
    It took me a long time to get out of the 10th grade too. lol

Heck some kids were so smart they passed 9th grade the first time around!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    In all that heat yesterday I did manage to clean up my box truck. Today same heat so will probably stay in as much as I can.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,232 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:

Did you toss an open can of tuna in the enclosed setup to give it the stripey orange cat test before you put live birds in it?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Did you toss an open can of tuna in the enclosed setup to give it the stripey orange cat test before you put live birds in it?
     Nah. I have built enough fence to know that cats won’t be the problem. My wife’s kicking dog, skunks and opossums will be the real challenge. 
    Dad 5-31-13
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,232 Senior Member
    Watched "Solo" last night with the wife and 2 youngest trolls, was pretty good, might see it again.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,307 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Watched "Solo" last night with the wife and 2 youngest trolls, was pretty good, might see it again.
    I was wondering about that movie. Have to get it when it comes out on DVD.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Got brass from the shoot sorted.......44 Spl/Mag/.45 Colt in the tumbler running now, filled it up. Next will be .38 Spl and .223/5.56..........

Gotta clean the guns next...........today or tomorrow. Took 10 and 8 were fired.........forgot to bring the 9mm LC9s to the firing line (left in car console) and the .22 mag was in my pocket.........too much other stuff to shoot and goings on kept me distracted.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I wonder why the pink roses bloom before the red ones???
    I wonder why the pink roses bloom before the red ones???
    A mystery.